Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

How Would You Explain This ?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

When my little niece was about 5, she put on a bit of weigh, and got a small pot-belly, her mother was pregnant at the time. So we told her she had a baby in there too. We told her she got the baby by this little Yemen boy who lived next door, because he looked at her without her hijab.
:D
Sufficient to say, she always wore her hijab with obsessiveness till she was 8, lost weigh and still no baby, by the she got use to wearing it anyway.

Alla xaasidsanidiinaa!!! This is beyond being mean to a child...Now she probably thinks if she takes it off, the uur will come back... :D

Malika   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

5- 8 is too young to tell them anything. Tell her waa miracle (it is true enough) Tell her, that her mother asks Allah for a child and then if Allah wishes, he gives her a child. Just so she don't ask for one, and then wonder what happened to her dua, tell her you have to have a daddy who must also make the same prayer

^Ha Ha..I pulled that card for awhile and bless her cotton socks bought the story in stock and barrels..until one day she turned to me and said I dont think you pray right,you need to ask Habaryaar so and so how she prays,she has had how many babies since you started this prayer for a baby..Lol

She is old enough now and knows the truth!...JB pull the special prayer card for the time being.. :D You cant tell her the truth,she is too young.

Malika   

^For the sake of their innocence yes! They will learn all about it when the time is right..why confuse a young child with the biological explaination of the process..

Malika   

^LOL..Waarya dee kala saar lying about this issue and other issues..come on now you want to tell me your going to sit your 7yr old daughter and go into details about the birds and the bees?? Its not lying,its protecting their innocence,until when the right time like when she is ten,and her body is going through changes..etc

At least tell them you will explain when they grow older but there is no such term called lie-to-protect-their-innocence ...... :D

You can give them hints and how Allah creates the child in that place ,,,, and if they go too much details you can tell them to wait.

Malika ten ???

isn't that still too young ? ...... :D i would be tongue tied no idea what to say .... have to prepare an exit strategy before then ......

Kool_Kat   

JB, adna waxbaa meelo kale ka aragtaa...War ilaah baa caruurta keena dheh, ma taasaa been ah? Mise ku dheh, aabe iyo hooyo baa lagdan dheela, hadaan sifiican u lagdano hooyo uur bey qaadaa! Hade hadeeynaan sifiican u lagdamina sheekada 0-0 bay ku dhamaataa... :D

loooooooooooool ,,,,, iska ilaali markaa ciyaalka inaad khayaali u dhisto or adigay isku kaa rogi ,,,, i'll send you that story bal

winnie   

it depends how old they are.

id answer as honest and clear as possible, giving them only the information their minds can digest.