Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Remembering Beslan

^ Thank you for that, N-P. Completely agree.

Originally posted by Salaxuddiin:

"the end justifies the means" is contrary to Islam and everything it stands for!

the only thing that cames to my mind is that, honestly,

the hardest thing of all is staying just in an unjust world!

Absolutely.

Baashi, ishaad ka tuurtey awoowe!

The imposing question for me, though, is why snippets(Beslan) of Muslim violence are always used to make moral dent on the great and noble causes? Is it a loosing argument to suggest the relevance of other side’s act? Where is the cause and effect in this global struggle? Is it not a war?

What would your answers be, good Zephy?

What happens in Palestine, Chechnya, Iraq, and Kashmir is completely different than the sporadic and mindless attacks in the western capitals. Don't ye say?

Viking   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

I am perfectly aware of the situation in Chechnya. I have been following it for quite a while, although it has been almost impossible to get any clear information the last couple of years due to the media blackout in the region.

The western media in general does not report much from Chechnya but there are other alternative sources that do a great job. Kavkaz Center and their UK site which have been the main source for news from Chechnya seem to be down. The Russians and the west claim that it is Basayev's mouthpiece and maybe that could be the reason the site is down (I haven't been able to access it for some time).