Sign in to follow this  
king_450

Racial Type of Somalia

Taliban   

Originally posted by David_Letterman:

Once, the Arabian Peninsula was thought to have been the "cradle" of proto-Semitic, but nowadays many scholars advocate the view that it originated somewhere in East Africa, probably in the area of Somalia/Ethiopia.

That's an interesting view.

incorrect! our phenotype is indigineous

If you're a scientist you should understand that the phenotype is what appears visually, our genome however is different to that of the Ethiopians, who have a greater percentage of Cushitic genes than the 80% in Somalis.

The Somali genotype is not indigenous, because our genome contains 15% eurasian genes.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Centurion:

quote:

incorrect! our phenotype is indigineous

If you're a scientist you should understand that the phenotype is what appears visually,
I am not a scientist but i do know DNA is what determines what particular phenotype a child is born with

a Somali mixed with a Chinese sista or brotha will look different than a Somali brotha + Somali sista natural mix (both of them have Somali parents and Grand parents)

the phenotype you see today in Somalia is not due to foreign contributions and therefore i'm correct to call it indiginous

our genome however is different to that of the Ethiopians, who have a greater percentage of Cushitic genes than the 80% in Somalis.

no they carry their own unique type of E3b lineages just the way Somalis carry their own unique lineages, in the end they all connect back to E3B (wich is East African)

"The frequency of haplogroup E3b1* in Somali males is the highest observed in any populations to date, and we suggest that the Somali male population is the origin of this haplogroup" (Sanchez et al. 2005).

Geographic distribution of the Y chromosome haplogroup E3b1

To examine the relationship between the Y chromosome haplogroups in the Somali, other African and non-African populations, we compared our data with the data from literature (Table 2). The high frequency (77.6%) of haplogroup E3b1 was characteristic of male Somalis. The frequency of E3b1 was significantly lower in Ethiopian Oromos (35.9%), Ethiopian Amharas (22.9%), Egyptians (20.0%), Sudanese (17.5%), Kenyans (15.1%),10 Iraqis (6.3%), Northern Africans (6.1%), Southern Europeans (0.5–5.1%) and sub-Saharan populations (below 1%).

Should Egyptians or Sudanese call themselves Somalis just because they carry Somali male lineages at a frequency of above 15%?

The Somali genotype is not indigenous,

Somalis live in East Africa, E3b and it's descendants e3b1 e3b2 e3b3 lineages have their origin in East Africa

there is no current population in East Africa that can claim it was there before the Somali people since the Ancestors of modern East Africans when they split off from each other were not known by the names of the current groups inhabiting East Africa

so it's definitly Indiginous!!

because our genome contains 15% eurasian genes.

Cameroonians carry Eurasian lineages at a frequency of 18% (what's your point?) i bet you would never call them mixed or anything close to that since there is no difference between them and Ghanians

the phenotype you see today in Somalia is not due to foreign contributions and therefore i'm correct to call it indiginous

Thats were you are wrong, distinct differences are seen between Somalis and Oromos, or Somalis and Tigrays. Since all of them have at least 80% Cushitic genes, it must be the other 20% which causes the subtle differences in physical appearance or phenotype.

The average Somali for example is taller than his East African counterparts, i'm not saying that is the cause of 15% eurasian genes, but height is certainly something Somalis are better known for than our neighbours.

The high frequency (77.6%) of haplogroup E3b1 was characteristic of male Somalis. The frequency of E3b1 was significantly lower in Ethiopian Oromos (35.9%), Ethiopian Amharas (22.9%)

From your own quotes, evidence shows we are significantly unlike our neighbours the Oromos and the Amxaaro, so how do you prove we are 100% indigenous?

80% percent of our genes are certainly indigenous, but my point is, that we are not wholly indigenous like for example the amxaaro is, we have distinct differences in appearance, height, and hair.

Any Somali can more often than not tell a Somali from a non-Somali.

About the Cameronese, what evidence do you have to make that assertion?

And anyway, there are dozens of ethnic groups in Cameroon, so you'll have to be more specific.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Centurion:

Thats were you are wrong, distinct differences are seen between Somalis and Oromos,

no not really

oromo29wc.jpg

76363319_9efb745add.jpg?v=0

136658496_bae811c3b9.jpg?v=0

3270350_ab00ed6a33_m.jpg

there is no real difference between us and them as i have been approached many times myself by Afars in London speaking to me in their native tongues thinking i'm one of them

or Somalis and Tigrays. Since all of them have at least 80% Cushitic genes, it must be the other 20% which causes the subtle differences in physical appearance or phenotype.

wrong Tigre's and Amhara's carry J lineages at a frequency of 30% ( this makes sense since they ruled the Arabian peninsula for 50 years)

this however did not alter or change their phenotype therefore your wrong

The average Somali for example is taller than his East African counterparts,

I'm normal (or tall?-180cm) but the next 3 Somali brothers i know are not

same with other populations on this planet

Chimera   

i'm not saying that is the cause of 15% eurasian genes,

Arabs or other muslim groups Somalis intermixed with are not known for their tallness

but height is certainly something Somalis are better known for than our neighbours.

speculations aside..from Hiernaux

Tutsi of Rwanda:

• Stature: 176 cm
  • Head length: 198 mm
  • Head breadth: 147 mm
  • Face height: 125 mm
  • Face breadth: 134 mm
  • Nose height: 56 mm
  • Nose breadth: 39 mm
  • Relative trunk length: 49.7
  • Cephalic Index: 74.5
  • Facial Index: 92.8
  • Nasal Index: 69.5
Masai:

• Stature: 173 cm
  • Head length: 194 mm
  • Head Breadth: 140 mm
  • Face Height: 121 mm
  • Face Breadth: 137 mm
  • Nose Height: 54 mm
  • Nose Breadth: 39 mm
  • Relative Trunk length: 47.7
  • Cephalic Index: 72.8
  • Facial Index: 89.0
  • Nasal Index: 72.0
Oromo:

• Stature: 171 cm
  • Head length: 190 mm
  • Head Breadth: 147 mm
  • Face Height: 122 mm
  • Face Breadth: 133 mm
  • Nose Height: 53 mm
  • Nose Breadth: 37 mm
  • Relative Trunk length: 50.3
  • Cephalic Index: 77.6
  • Facial Index: 91.5
  • Nasal Index: 69.0
Somali:

• Stature: 168 cm
  • Head length: 192 mm
  • Head Breadth: 143 mm
  • Face Height: 123 mm
  • Face Breadth: 131 mm
  • Nose Height: 52 mm
  • Nose Breadth: 34 mm
  • Relative Trunk length: 50.7
  • Cephalic Index: 74.5
  • Facial Index: 94.1
  • Nasal Index: 66.0

heirnaux4oo.jpg

Jean Hiernaux

The People of Africa

pg 142

Chimera   

Somalis and Ethiopians were called by various 19th century Eurocentric scholars Caucasiods because of their phenotype

the reason they said this is because they know fully well that this phenotype is indiginous to the Horn and therefore poses a threat to the fake belief of their own phenotype being indiginous and ''rare'' instead of being a simple subset of the East African group that left East Africa to inhabit the globe thousands of years ago

example

Carleton S. Coon. The Races of Europe. MacMillan, 1939

A Somali from British Somaliland. This Somali represents the closest approximation to a white man found among his people. The extreme narrowness of his head and face, the straight nasal profile, and the prominence of his chin, mark him as less negroid than many of his fellows. At the same time his skin is nearly black, his hair curly but not frizzy. The type to which this Somali belongs is ancient in East Africa, as shown by the excavations of Leakey in Kenya. It is a specialized, locally differentiated Mediterranean racial form."

Note

- among his people = Africans

- many of his fellows = again Africans in general

Coon is just one of the many Eurocentric racist scholars who studies have been debunked and refuted

Chimera   

From your own quotes, evidence shows we are significantly unlike our neighbours the Oromos and the Amxaaro, so how do you prove we are 100% indigenous?

no you need to understand wich type of haplotype were adressing

my source was talking about E3b1 wich has it's origin with Somali males( e3b1 is a descendant of E3b) the percentages you saw in Oromo's and Amhara's is the amount of e3b1 there carrying

Oromo = Haplogroup E 80% J 3.8%

Amhara = Haplotype E 46% J 35%

e3b1 underived lineage is found almost solely in East Africa, especially among Somali. It is not found outside of East Africa

E3b1 delta is the oldest defined cluster, it's present in the horn and most commonly in the Nile Valley and also spread through the Levantine in the East,This tells us how Levantines and Southern Europeans received African ancestry, and why Arabs, Jews and Greeks in particular retain significant E3b lineages

E3b1 gamma is the signature cluster of many/most Cushitic speakers in the horn - the Somali, Borana, and Oromo have this cluster.

you should read

The Levant versus the Horn of Africa: Evidence for Bidirectional Corridors of Human Migrations

J. R. Luis,1,2,* D. J. Rowold,1,* M. Regueiro,2 B. Caeiro,2 C. Cinnioğlu,3 C. Roseman,3 P. A. Underhill,3 L. L. Cavalli-Sforza,3 and R. J. Herrera1

wich adresses all the migrations of E3B

Chimera   

80% percent of our genes are certainly indigenous

no wrong

of every 100 Somali males 80 of them have no Eurasian lineages and the other 20 will have a small amount of J in them as well is E3a but let's not forget these could easily be Somali bendadirs and Somali bantu's

these studies were done as a yardstick to examine the amount of foreign lineages in the Somali population as a group not individu.

but my point is,

Nobody on this planet is pure that is my point so one should not isolate Somali people as being mixed and others as not cause Genetics destroys these myths

that we are not wholly indigenous like for example the amxaaro is,

see my earlier part of this post about the lineages there carrying

we have distinct differences in appearance, height, and hair.

burden of proof is on your turf i have allready provided corroborating evidence both in examples(images) of the groups you claim we are so different from and crania data of Somali and it's neighbours which refutes your stand on this matter

Chimera   

Any Somali can more often than not tell a Somali from a non-Somali.

A German boy born in Holland, raised in Holland will not see the difference between him and the Dutch girl who was born in Germany and raised in Germany

neither would she! if he or she started talking in their adopted language he would mistake her for a german and she would mistake him for a dutch despite him being a German and her being a Dutch

A Somali from the Twin Cities will have a harder time spotting another Somali on first sight in Djibouti than he would in MN where there are no Afars

afargirlspt7.jpg

xaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax :D

About the Cameronese, what evidence do you have to make that assertion?

In human genetics, Haplogroup R is a Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup, a subgroup of haplogroup P, associated with the M207 mutation. It is believed to have occurred somewhere in Northwest Asia between 30,000 and 35,000 years ago. However, most of the rare forms of Haplogroup R chromosomes, as well as most cases of the closely related Haplogroup Q, are found among populations of Central Asia, South Asia, Australia, Siberia, Native Americans, and Cameroon (where haplogroup clade RxR1 approaches 40% of the male population).

Wikipedia Haplogroup_R_(Y-DNA)(it's not allowing me to post the link)

And anyway, there are dozens of ethnic groups in Cameroon, so you'll have to be more specific.

it's found in Northern Cameroon among the Fulbe

Khalaf   

Brothers keep it going, very informative.

david u say Somalis, east Africans are indengious period....what exactly does that mean sxb? It is said the most ancient genes are traced to Africa too humanity started out looking like the bantus i guess :D ...also why the difference between mainland chustic Somalis, Bantus...if u say its indengenious? EP73 stuff I don’t get lol .... N Somalis generally vs. Ethiopians vs. oroma one can tell the difference majority of the times.

I dislike to use pics of sisters but this girl looks exactly like my eritrean friend.......from my friends Ethiopians n Eritreans.....we Somalis and Eritrean look more similar:

somali3cuus6.png

off topic n pardan me but i could not help but notice her...Sooori MMA for me da face she beats your rupaul looking ubax isatagfruallah.....beautiful girl...

soma24rzpt1.png

Taliban   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

I dislike to use pics of sisters but this girl looks exactly like my eritrean friend.......

You have a girlfriend? How interesting.