Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

Do you pray in public?

like these god fearing men who decided to pray inside an airplane ????

be honest to god..

1103823964205.jpg1103824058576.jpg

Moderators I would like to read the responses of the nomads who dont frequent Islam section, so please dont move this thread...

^^^to be honest I don't pray in public....I don't know culees baa iga saaran, markaasaa markaan guriga imaado salaat taraawiix aan tukadaa (duhur, casir, maqrib iyo cisho) inta ka eheen weekendiga aan guriga joogo....allow jidka toosan towxiidka igu toosi

During safars [trips] one isn't obligated to pray the salats if you pray salat safar. But what these gentlemen are doing is fantastic and they will be rewarded for it.

It depends what you consider public AJ. For me, I usually pray at some isolated place in the library while I am studying. I once turned around and prayed right at where I was studying in the middle of the library but while we are on a journey, we allowed to combine 2 prayers, shorten and delay them and in the case of these muslims praying on the plane, Allah with them but I think they shoukd not put themselves in this risky situation...just look at the crowd around them and the looks on their faces

Originally posted by Simply_the_Best:

^^^to be honest I don't pray in public....I don't know culees baa iga saaran, markaasaa markaan guriga imaado salaat taraawiix aan tukadaa (duhur, casir, maqrib iyo cisho) inta ka eheen weekendiga aan guriga joogo....allow jidka toosan towxiidka igu toosi

Ù‡ was in your shoes many years ago, praying in a public place of a secular society made me feel inadequate and somewhat awkward, but i remembered that their creator ordained me to pray and i shouldn't delay my obligation ovre ppl who dont even know who i am praying to..

It depends what you consider public AJ. For me, I usually pray at some isolated place in the library while I am studying. I once turned around and prayed right at where I was studying in the middle of the library but while we are on a journey, we allowed to combine 2 prayers, shorten and delay them and in the case of these muslims praying on the plane, Allah with them but I think they shoukd not put themselves in this risky situation...just look at the crowd around them and the looks on their faces

I disagree with you saxib, what so risky about practicing your religious beliefs in a peaceful way!!!

you should put the fear of Alaah before the fear of ppl, because Allah can turn them ppl against you while ppl cant.

you are right about the Safar prayer though, i believe they could have combined their prayers all together and prayed it in advance.... but they seem to be an elderly who probably dont know much about that..

Maxaa dhacay ?? u can pray in public whenever it needed ,, or whenever necessary ,,, but what these ppl are doing is not what i would do ,,, when the Muslim is on trip it is better to combine every 2 salats ,,,,

Honesita   

I actually dont see anything wrong with those brothers praying....yes during safar we are allowed to combine 2 prayers...but if u're taking a long flight that does not stop and more than 2 prayer's times came around, wouldnt you have to do it...!! I remember back in June on my brother's trial date, hundreds of somalis showed up and stood outside of the courthouse to pray salatul duhur.....their picture was on the front page of the local paper the next day and all over the news as well...!! I think it makes a statement about Muslims...that we actually stick to our prayers since it has certain times, we dont neglect it and do it later if we are stuck in awckward places...!!! Those of us that dont feel comfortable praying in public when they have to (including me), i think we need to pray for a stronger iman...!!

Salaamz

OG_Girl   

Well, prayers are visible and can be done for many reasons,as some already said they could easily combine, or pray on their seats. Also as some one already mentioned they could be showing others "see how we stick our religion"!

So, cause they pray this way and people watching them doesn't mean that how we measure, judge how much God fearing they are!.

Just look at pictures specially first one, how they bothering other people, is that fearing Allah wants? to bother other humanbeen specially when they have other options?

Tolerance and respect is more important than your prayers.

Salam

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

So, cause they pray this way and people watching them doesn't mean that how we measure, judge how much God fearing they are!.

Our prophet said PBUH "you should attest Iman upon the man you see frequenting mosuqes"

Just look at pictures specially first one, how they bothering other people, is that fearing Allah wants? to bother other humanbeen specially when they have other options?

Tolerance and respect is more important than your prayers.

Are you trying to tell me that we should refrain from praying if our prayer is inconvenience to ppl around us?

and how do you know weather or not these fine men asked for permission from those sitting next to them to give them some space to pray?

you will do everybody here a big favor if you stick to brown nosing your Arab masters rather than spewing your ignorance left and right in SOL because you evidently you haev as much knowledge of islam is as my grandmother has of rocket sceince....

OG_Girl   

Ooops did I step on your toe?

I state my point ,if you feel not enough that is up to you. No need to get all into Arabs and get out all your anger on us. I am one person , no need to insult whole Nation of 300 million people dude.

Blame your own close mindedness and inability to accept different opinions than yours instead of attacking others however.This is an open thread and every one free to reply... If you want to hear your self no need to post in public , stand front of the mirror and keep reciting it like Quraan. No need to disrespect others and their backgrounds.

Your racist remarks not apprieted.

Respect your self.

Salam

Ooops did I step on your toe?

I state my point ,if you feel not enough that is up to you. No need to get all into Arabs and get out all your anger on us. I am one person , no need to insult whole Nation of 300 million people dude.

Ooops didnt mean to step on your face either... see just like yourself, i took advantage of the free speech policies of this forum and stated my opnion on Arabs.... if you check your history sweetheart you will find out that the Arabs were the first ppl who started and still practice slavery, you can wish to be one of them but they still see you as another Warya negro who is not even worth their filthy citizenship....

And you and I know they treat forign ppl like you as a 4th class citizen in their country... so why bother defending ppl who look down at you as a slave!!!

, stand front of the mirror and keep reciting it like Quraan. No need to disrespect others and their backgrounds.

So making fun of ppl who pray was not enough, now you are making fun of Quran???

OG_Girl   

^^^ Here we go Arab and Arab!! How Did you know if I am first class or second class?

Subhana Allah!... You just see me in this forum . So calm down before you insult people more.

Listen, As I told you I state my point of view whatever I am and my background not your busness. I did not mention you , I discuss the topic on hand ,no need to take it personal and get out on Arabs. Arab did not destroy your country was you and your kinsmen whom destroyed.

uuuuf I don't know these people are humanbeen!! Hate and hate and more hate!!

Make your self busy instead of putting down whole nation.Why you need to put down others in first place? aren't "We" in our countries? are we refugees in your own?

Before you be any thing try to be human and stop Arab this and Arab that... Arabs are humanbeen there is bad and good , No one saying we are angles walking on Earth, we had our great days cause of Islam , now when our Iman decreased we are not as good as we used to be . But still you have no right to humilate some one in your forums cause of their background.

Salam

Blessed   

Those of us that dont feel comfortable praying in public when they have to (including me), i think we need to pray for a stronger iman...!!

True malab, smile.gif May Allah grant us the strength to worship Him alone, any time and any place!

PLz mr. Action Jackson

Arabs .... Hah hahahah

Well .. Let Me tell You That The Arabs Which You Hate .. Prophet Mohammed P.B.U.H Was From Them

Sahaba's Also Was An Arab >> And The Holy Qura'an Is In Arabic.. Why Allah Made In Arabic Language ... All The Prophet's Were Arabs .. Yosef .. Moses "Mosa" Allllll

Arabs Helped The Prophet To Spread His Message

And plz Don't Judge All The People If One Of Them Did Something Wrong ... Cuz All Your fingers Are not same..OK

So You Shlould Thank The arabs And Defend Them,

You Know Why Cuz They Were The Causation Of Spreading Islam In Somalia And Whole The World After Allah "of Course".

... And As Prophet Mohammed P.B.U.H Said " Either Talk Good Or Shut Up"

Plz Don't Insult the People In This Way.Cuz Of Thier Opinions "As What you did With OG_Girl"

Salam Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatu

^^^ Here we go Arab and Arab!! Do you know if I am first class of second class?

Subhana Allah!... You just see me in this forum . So calm down before you insult people more.

Listen, As I told you I state my point of view whatever I am and my background not your busness. I did not mention you , I discuss the topic on hand ,no need to take it personal and get out on Arabs. Arab did not destroy your country was you and your kinsmen whom destroyed.

uuuuf I don't know these people are humanbeen!! Hate and hate and more hate!!

Make your self busy instead of putting down whole nation.Why you need to put down others in first place? aren't "We" in our countries? are we refugees in your own?

Salam

Looks like whoever used to proof-write your posts is on leave today because i cant understand the shit you just blabbered...

Its funny though that you are accusing me of being Racist because everybody knows the 2000+ posts you puked up in SOL forums are full of Qabiilistic and Racist ranting and yet, you never the less, never miss a chance to claim to be an Arab princess who cant even read 3 lettered Somali word let alone speaking it with a good command.....

sweeti your pathetic attempt of portraying me as someone who is blaming the Arabs for the civil war in Somalia will make anyone with an IQ of .005 or more laugh out loud...

and please let it be known that i don't care enough to know you or even try to know you, it just happened that i lived in that landfill you call home "Kwait" and became quite breifed with how racist they are thats all...