Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Somali Army in the 70s 80s -video

RedSea   

Legend of Zu, well let us just try to enjoy the moment, we have discussed that topic for so many times..most of us know each other's opinion,but these times tha are depicted in the vidoe was when Somalia was united and its best,not in late 80s when it felt apart and each of those soldiers sided with his clan. Let us not get it started here,it really doesn't take us anywhere.

LANDER   

I fail to see what this nostalgia is all about. So back than somalis engaged in foolish wars and had more sophisticated weapons to kill each other with. At the rate the somali race is advancing will be fighting with sticks and stones fairly soon.

me   

MMA, those migs kicked ***, I wanted to join the army when I was young :( just because of those Migs on 21th October and later I saw these Somali para-troopers jumping somewhere in duurka I guess it was somewhere near Guuratda labaad. Then I changed my mind and I wanted to be KOMANDOOS maska ham ka siisa :D

Too bad the civil war started.

me   

MMA, those migs kicked ***, I wanted to join the army when I was young :( just because of those Migs on 21th October and later I saw these Somali para-troopers jumping somewhere in duurka I guess it was somewhere near Guuratda labaad. Then I changed my mind and I wanted to be KOMANDOOS maska ham ka siisa :D

Too bad the civil war startedand I idnt get teh chnace to serve my country then, this is the time I guess, less organized,but for a cause worth fighting for.

me   

^maya waan ku tuman lahaa. dadku waa xoolahan meesha k buuxa oo kale. Ma xoolaa lala tashadaa? Badacase, oodweyne iyo naxar nugaaleed oo miidhan weeye. idinkuba waad ogtihiin in dadka aan waxba la weydiin, dadku dantooda ma yaqaanaan.

RedSea   

^lol...ma ana xataa? ala inanku cadawsanaa.

Could have,would have,and should have.Tough luck, you are too old now,old man.

As for the MiGs,they were the weakest link of all the military,we lost in the air in '77 war almost from the get go, compare to wining the infantry.The only thing they killed were their own people.

MMA,do you remember there was one MiG that crushed during one of those Oct.days?

Cajalkaan at the end of '80s waaye, particularly if you look at the end of the tapeka, where you can see a large billboard celebrating the 19th anniversary of Kacaanka, which coincides, if I am not mistaken, the Oktoobar of 1989.

Those miigga dhacay, saa u maleeyo waxee dhaceen mid '70s, right after wadaaddadii la toogtay. Dad aayaa dhihi jiray ishii wadaaddada ayaa kasoo baxday.

It didn't happen in Oktoobar celebration, though; garoonka diyaaradaha ee kasoo kaceen oo Afisiyooni ku yaalay, degmada Waaberi iyagoo kormaraayana isku dhacay, saa maqlay.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Mujaahid: Red Sea:

^lol...ma ana xataa? ala inanku cadawsanaa.

Could have,would have,and should have.Tough luck, you are too old now,old man.

As for the MiGs,they were the weakest link of all the military,
we lost in the air in '77 war almost from the get go,
compare to wining the infantry.The only thing they killed were their own people.

that's because of the experienced 6 days war pilots they had to face

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

isn't it pity that we have to go back to our forgetten past to revive our pride & dignity as a nation?

i guess now we all know that "Together We Stand & Divided We Fall" which is exactly what happened to us!

the words of the commentator about the Commandos Wallah brought tears to my eyes.

One day we will be Insha Allah...keep the faith alive my dear brothers & sisters..one day soon Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

RedSea   

David Letterman,

Well, as they say there was evidence of some Isreali pilots that participated,but one thing is clear, our pilots were not experienced enough,most of them had less than 4 years of experience of flying to face off Ethiopian pilots who had been trained in Isreal and U.S for many years and had flown many missions against gorrila insurgents.Still that didn't stop or change the course of war until offcourse.....

BOB,blame that on Barre.

Pujah   

^^^How can you blame 16 years of anarchy on Barre when we had peace and generally great life during his regime or are you mistaking the general for these warlords :rolleyes: