Sign in to follow this  
Conscious Manipulation

Lauryn Hill attacks Catholic Church

AYOUB   

Nafta, I don't think Khayr is defending the Catholics, I just disagree with the notion that there is a half way house between Islam and non Muslims.

Khayr says

What benefit would her comments make anyways but to make catholic people turn away from God and the Church and to what???? Mostly likely the majority would become outright Kafirs then, as this is the case with most people who have have found a problem with their religion

Catholics are people who have already turned away from God and most of the people who run the church don't believe in what they preach and are busy hiding the truth from the people.

:rolleyes: Lauryn Hill is retarded..lol.....what is she trying to prove? I think she's trying to save her reputation ever since that lawsuit.

Anyway, if she felt this way, no1 forced her to perform for a religious event? How would you feel if you've invited a non-muslim speaker to an Islamic gathering...and he bursted out saying " we can't trust sheikhs b'coz they tend to fanatics"? There's a time and place for everything...she must've been high.

nafta   

^^^ i agree with you there sis, its disrespectful really, even if she might not agree there are ppl who dont want to hear stuff like that on a day they come to 'rejoice' or whatever the hell they call it.

Ayoub, walaal, those are some good points, but it's actually better to believe in something than be a atheist (someone who's got no religion at all) i think that's what i heard.

And not only the catholics turned away from god, all the other 'religions' did basically, but then there is that interesting link with the muslims too, how many categories did it divide in, we got the sunni, the shi'it and so many more. True, there is no other religion like islam, but still within ourselves we are divided and then we still comment on other ppl.

salaam,

Wow not a whole lot of Lauryn Hill fans huh? (obviously you folks haven't heard "the miseducation of Lauryn Hill" :D )

I personally am proud of Lauryn Hill. Most people are so concerned with being so politically correct that the truth is hardly spoken. Nothing she said was unture. Yes the Church is corrupt and yes they should be worshiping God not men.

Khyr ppl of the book are not considered kufars??

innalatheena kafaroo min ahlil kitaabi wa'L mushrikeena fee naari jahanam....

the shari definition (maana shari) of a kaafir is someone who doesnt beleive in Islam and Muhammed (saws). You can't take the linguistic defintion (maana haqiqi) because linguistically salah means to make dua but the shari defintion is to pray as Muslims do.

Anyway we're getting off topic. The point is Lauryn Hill spoke the truth and it was necessary!

salaam

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Yes the Church is corrupt and yes they should be worshiping God not men.

Now what makes Lauryn Hill such a saintly soul

that she has a mandate to question her HOSTS

and to question the faith of people?

Its like coming to a CHURCH, a place were GOD is being remembered and worshipped and saying that

the 'Priest is corrupt' during the sermon.

You're not shedding light on the problem but rather hampering people's faith by putting doubts in their minds and what follows doubts in usually

Disblief.

Now you quoted one ayat, but say we follow your line of thinking on that ayat, inshallah.

Mostly, we would have to negate other ayats that are in suras like Al-Ma'idah that speak about the Ahl-Al-Kitab and eating meat from them and marriage among them etc. because if you are saying that the Ahl-Al-kitab are all Mushkreen, then why would some of these things be permissable with them.

(Now I must say that there are conditions to everything under which something must be permissible, so please nomads, don't go jump for joy and start eating at KFC's or BK's or getting married to your high school crush)

Now going by the definition that Conscious M., is getting at, if the Ahl-Al-Kitab are Mushrikeen/Kuffar, then how come the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) allowed them to live in Madinah during his time and offered them protection as long as they honored the islamic state and payed Jaziyah (a tax that Ahl-Al Kitabiyyes have to pay).

Inshallah, I'm arguing against what Lauryn Hill did, her ACTIONS and not necassirly her WORDS.

There is a time and place for everything.

Unfortunately, Yankees are too arrogant to respect that, so they do and say what they

'feel like'whenever they want to.

Fi Amanallah

Raxmah   

What's the point of defending either lauren Hill or the catholics-It isn't really benefitting us as muslims in anyway. I guess she had an opinion, and she said, but I think she should have taken her opinion to the right place.

JIDAAWY   

Originally posted by Raxmah:

What's the point of defending either lauren Hill or the catholics-It isn't really benefitting us as muslims in anyway. I guess she had an opinion, and she said, but I think she should have taken her opinion to the right place.

That’s what I was thinking Raxma… i wonder what good the paradox of Lauren Hill against Catholic Church would do us? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

salaam,

Now going by the definition that Conscious M., is getting at, if the Ahl-Al-Kitab are Mushrikeen/Kuffar, then how come the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) allowed them to live in Madinah during his time and offered them protection as long as they honored the islamic state and payed Jaziyah (a tax that Ahl-Al Kitabiyyes have to pay).

The ppl of the book have higher status in Islam (with respect to how we interact with them) than the Mushrikeen for the simple fact that their original message was from Allah. However this does not mean they're not kafirs and they won't have the same fate as the Mushrikeen. Hell-fire is hell-fire and that's the fate of people who deny Allah and His messenger. Look into what I said about the shari definition of the word kafir.

salaam