Suldaanka

N&N bring back Hawo Taako - the Pro-Italian anti-British protester

Shortly after the Italian dictator surrendered and his army laid down their arms, after WW2 1945, the British began routing the last remaining outposts of the dictator from its African colonies namely Somalia and Libya. 

In Somalia (Proper), the common Somali man welcomed the change with open arms, and in fact, for the first time almost 70 years, a new dawn of freedom began. For the first time, the Somalis were able to move around the city without the Aparthied system. The Somalis were able to enter and make home suburbs in Mogadishu that they were forbidden hereto. 

The Italians were shocked at the pace of change and began to organise themselves to counter the changes. They used gather around to protest infront of the British Administrative offices demanding to be affforded higher social status than the Somalis. 

And among the protests there were few Somalis that supported the Italian claims and that included the infamous Xaawo Taako. Xaawo Taako was married to an Italian, so it can be forgiven for supporting her hasband.

But what is unforgivable is the Heroism that were attribted to her by Afweyne's  Kacaanka. She was portrayed as freedom fighter and her image was made famous by depicting her in the currency as well as building a towering statue of her throwing rocks. 

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

Yes, and wait for the Sayidka, Gurey, Dhagaxtuur and many more Somali heroes😋

With so many Kikuuyo and Xabashi lackeys alive today, we may have too many such heroes.  

Those who fought against Afwayne in South Somalia do not actually have any idea what they fought for or against. 

27 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

You have left the party, why does it matter what Somalis celebrate. You have your MIG in Hargeysa and we have the rest😎

I am glad that I won't be seeing these physically. But the fact that they exist somewhere in this world still bothers me. 

In an age of information, why would anyone turn a blind eye and accept anything on face value is beyond me. People should be asking hard questions and justify the existence of such things.

What is the value in having a Statue of the Mad Mullah, even if you disregard the real history, and swallow the version of events as per Afwayne regime's mass miseducation. Yet, what does it mean today? 

What does Dhagax Tuur mean?

It means nothing. You are under foreign occupation from Uganda, Burundi and any other Fuufu that goes by the name of AMISom, let alone talking about Ethiopia and Kenya.

Any other soceity would be hard pressed to justify it. 

Instead I would be looking for current heroes, the living or recently dead legends. I wouldn't mind someone like Dr. Ebyan having a tower. Dr. Shaafici of Shaafici Hospital having a tower. Or even a tower for unsang heroes including the Paramedics that attend every bombing in Mogadishu. 

These are relevant to today's people. 

Sxb,

If you don't know Dhagaxtuur, how much do you know about Somali history, apart from the four corners of British Somaliland?

The events involving Xawo Taako's demise started with the visit of the Four Powers Commission (America, Britain, Russia, and France aka World II winners) to Mogadishu in order to determine what the fate of Italy's colonial lands and subjects.  The SYL wanted to have an independent Somalia. After the humiliating defeat in World War II, the Italians wanted to hang on to its prized colonial lands.

The SYL decided to stage a peaceful protest to show that Somalis wanted to be independent of Italy and Britain. Unlike British Somaliland, Italian Somaliland had huge settlements of Italians who saw the South as their Algeria. As such the Italian population in Somalia who owned plantations and other economic interests wanted Somalia.

During the day of the protest and with the arrival of the commission, the Italian population along with the remnants of the colonial administration came out to confront Somalis. This is where Xaawo along 50 plus Somalis were killed. 

That she was killed while fighting for her people is not in question.

The British were a party to the events but they did not intervene, Italians accused them that they did. Ironically, the British and Somalis including SYL were on the same page on many things when it comes to the Italians, where they differed is on the issue of Independence. To gain Somali support, the British even teased Somalis with the idea of one Greater Somalia.

I cannot think of any Southern Somali that looks back to the Italians with any affection. From Biyamal Revolt, Nasiib Buundo to Sheikh Hassan Barsame, the South fought and fought. And with the rise fascism in Italy, the wars with Italians spread everywhere all the way to Bari where the fascist warships bombarded every coastal town to bits when the treaties between them and MJ sultanates failed.

P.s It would help to have a good discussion if we know some of the histories. Maybe you should start with the Biyamal Revolt.

And since I cannot say I know everything about Northern history, I hope you would suggest something that I can start with.

10 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

During the day of the protest and with the arrival of the commission, the Italian population along with the remnants of the colonial administration came out to confront Somalis. This is where Xaawo along 50 plus Somalis were killed. 

You cannot hide the fact that Xaawo was actually fighting from the Italian side for Italian cause. :D 

The gist of my argument here is that, Xaawo is not worthy of any mention other than a footnote in history. Just because the Kacaanka propaganda made her famous doesn't mean, you have to buy the B.S. 

There are more people worthy of celebration after 1991. These people deserve to be highlighted. 

With regards to Somaliland and its history, you can open a thread for that, happy to participate.  

Dhaqaale   

She is a product of Kacaan Propaganda. Barre was a slave of Italy and not a independent Somali leading a country to freedom. Barre was in love with his Italian pay masters; Since he was an orphan with no parents to teach him Somali culture he choose to live as an Italian white man.

45 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

You cannot hide the fact that Xaawo was actually fighting from the Italian side for Italian cause. :D 

The gist of my argument here is that, Xaawo is not worthy of any mention other than a footnote in history. Just because the Kacaanka propaganda made her famous doesn't mean, you have to buy the B.S. 

There are more people worthy of celebration after 1991. These people deserve to be highlighted. 

With regards to Somaliland and its history, you can open a thread for that, happy to participate.  

And there you go!

Don't worry you can build monuments for all those in Hargeisa 

In the meantime 

Maahmaahda rer Koonfurka hal iyo laba ayaan aad ugu bogay oo aan ka isticmaala. Inta kale waa iska maahmaah caruur.

Waxa ka mida  "geedkii roor roor loo koro, roor roor ayaa looga soo daa degaa". 

Anigu waxa aan arkaa ayagoo hadana dhulka la soo dhigay. :D