Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

ALL WOMEN NOT JUST MUSLIM WOMEN..

Flipmode,

Its a known fact that domestic violence is the most common form of violence women get involved with. Why because most of the time its their spouse, partner, ex-s, and sometimes brothers and children who hurt these women either physically or verbally. The biggest problem is the women do not react to it, until its too late due to fear and not wanting to hurt their dears lives. Thus you can even find cases because the moteher was victimised she later victimises her children, who are weaker than her. Its a terrible circle. Needs to be changed. My concern is how to help these women, every new day we read reports and new statistics come up. And Yet more women are being "Violated"

Im trying to download the PDF file as the statistics seem very high on the BBC report. So far what I know is in earlier researches cultural norms were not taken into consideration. It is an essential part to be considered when we say someone is being abused/victimised. If Im to give an example, you may see a Nigerian woman being shouted at by her husband to and fro and she does the same. In my point of view the shouting is abuse because of my cultural upbringing. But if you sit and learn the norms of that culture you notice that that is the way the communicate. smile.gif

But everyone is talking about 'The Fate of a muslim woman'..see that propaganda

I dont see the propaganda, can you elaborate.

>>>>>They normally talk about Muslim women being harrased and they never have time for theirs.

It was interesting to note BBC's commentary encompassing all people of the world and not just muslim countries..

do u c any picture now....

SeeKer   

^^^ Culture and a patriarchal society where what the man says goes. On the other hand I agree that for a religion that says it protects its womenfolk there is not much support and resources available for battered women.

Originally posted by The Flipmode..:

But everyone is talking about 'The Fate of a muslim woman'..see that propaganda

There is NO propaganda, you're just imagining one.

I rather have ppl talk about the 'fate of muslim woman' then not. What possible harm may come from shining the spotlight on the state of muslim women? IMO, it is the best defense against abuse.

Now that we know it is culture..do we continue them ladies out of their senses..No man enough would aspire to beat his wife..a lovely wife that is...Some go honour killing for finding his sister going a 'WHORE'..

To note for sure is when You also try to find a solution to those 'OTHER MUSLIMS'..like my freind who keep beating their loved ones for NO REASON....

That is surely NOT ME......... smile.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by The Flipmode..:

No man enough would aspire to beat his wife..a lovely wife that is...

So if the wife is not "lovely" she should be beaten? Surely that's not what you meant.

Now smile. Then raise both your arms.

^^Your idealogies, practically speaking, are prone to engage with such activities of beating women only becase we've observed what the likes in your category had done to women! A recent research published in the Washington Post says that, did you read, abti? :D

Katrina   

Now that we know it is culture..do we continue them ladies out of their senses..No man enough would aspire to beat his wife..a lovely wife that is...Some go honour killing for finding his sister going a 'WHORE'..

Flip, what about when her brother acts like the "whore" you mentioned?? I've yet to see honor killings for a man?? Or does Islam see it differerently for men and women, pray tell??

Katrina.....Advise One reads like this..When your brother becomes a part time WHORE..Please avoid yourself a lot of disturbance in Life and Kill him...He will make you look More Mature..Anti Islamic..

Second advise..Men Libidos are higher than female so forget about him and move on...

Wish is wish?

Jamelia   

Originally posted by Katrina:

Flip, what about when her brother acts like the "whore" you mentioned?? I've yet to see honor killings for a man?? Or does Islam see it differerently for men and women, pray tell??

Honour killings have absolutely nothing to do with Islam