Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Dreams

-Lily-   

Do you think dreams are random gibberish of the subconscious mind to keep minimal brain activity while you sleep or do you think they can sometimes be insightful? Do dreams have any value at all? How do you differentiate between which dream is insightful and which isn’t? What about reoccurring dreams?

Well, i don't believe that freakin' philosophy and if dreams are this or that ,,,,

All i know is what the Islam said about dreams which can me summirized as below:

- Good dreams: Those who you dream of some nice things about yourself or about someone you know ,,, good things that happened and so on. Those are said is good you share it with your loved friends.

- Bad dreams: Those dreams of bad things happening ,,, someone died, things went wrong, and so on ,,, those are not appreaciated you share with anyone at all or it will happen immediately. As soon as you get up (in the morning or in the middle of the dream) you have to change the position you're sleeping, candhuuf u tuf (english plz) in your left side and say AcuuduBillahi Mina Shaydaani Rajiim then continue your sleep.

- Random dreams: Those you dream of something you were thinking when you were sleeping ,,,, or you see something you wanted to see the whole day that did not leave your mind as you were sleeping and so on.

-Lily-   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

those are not appreaciated you share with anyone at all or it will happen immediately.

:D , I'm sure you don't mean that.

J-Baro, I can't for the life of me understand what you are all about?

One day, you speak of V-day, then women's affairs, or what men need from women, and inbetween you are being the Dukey version for landers. Today you are quoting hadith's?

J-baro, from now on, I think you should tune to this man:- The nononsenseman

STOIC   

^^^^Lazy with all due respect I think you also come across as Debbie Downer of SOL.Just an Observation :D

Nephissa   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

- Bad dreams: Those dreams of bad things happening ,,, someone died, things went wrong, and so on ,,, those are not appreaciated you share with anyone at all or it will happen immediately. As soon as you get up (in the morning or in the middle of the dream) you have to change the position you're sleeping, candhuuf u tuf (english plz) in your left side and say AcuuduBillahi Mina Shaydaani Rajiim then continue your sleep.

If someone I know dies in my dream I always tell them. Maxaa dhacay, waayo it means they'll live a long, healthy life. Sidaa ba naloo baray anaga.

L0L@candhuuf tuf kulahaa. Sariirtaa hoosteed bacaad miyaa adiga? Roog kuuma yaal miyaa? LoooL.

Do you think dreams are random gibberish of the subconscious mind to keep minimal brain activity while you sleep or do you think they can sometimes be insightful? Do dreams have any value at all? How do you differentiate between which dream is insightful and which isn’t? What about reoccurring dreams?

I think dreams are very random, but they aren't complete gibberish in that every aspect of the dream stems from something you've seen, heard, read, done,thought or even dreamt before- so although the dream can be incoherent, the contents itself is familiar.

Dreams can be very insightful, if you dream about ppl you know, dreams can highlight what your relationship with them really is, your subconscious feelings about someone can come to the fore in your dreams. Of course the same applies for yourself, sometimes you watch yourself do things in your dreams which are quite revealing.

Faynuus   

Jb is right on this one!

If you dream good, share with people, if you dreams with bad dreams, DON'T tell anyone and while you are at it, f.ek if it wakes you up at night and you are frightened, change your sleeping position, spitt on your left three times(ma ahan xaako weeyn dee, waa tufu tufuuda yar ee marka sheekhu tahliilasha tufuyoo kale) and curse the evil. Insha Allaah you won't have bad dreams.

Malika   

^Indeed sis,let me add on a bit.The rightous dream is from Allah and the bad dream is from the devil.So if anyone sees something which pleases him then he should only relate it to one whom he/she loves.

What to do if you had a bad dream

> Spit on your left three times

>Seek refuge in Allah from Sheytaan and evil of what you saw.

>Do not relate it to anyone

>Turn and sleep on the opposite side to which you were sleeping on previously.

>Get up and pray if you desire.

ps..LG,Jac is Jack of all trades,I dont think there isnt anything he doesnt know..lol

Zafir   

What if someone sleeps to your left, what are you to say? “Wipe it off hun, it was meant for the shaydaan”. :(:D

Malika   

^ :D:D ,Lol not to the extent of wetting or waking up your partner..,hadhaa do not use as an excuse to spit at people and claim you were spitting at the sheytaani.. :D