Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Saudi worshippers want cell phone imam fired

Aaliyyah   

Preacher played them for fools, mosque goers say

Saudi worshippers want "cell phone imam" fired

Muslim men pray together at a mosque (File)

DUBAI (AlArabiya.net)

Worshippers at a mosque in Saudi Arabia are calling for the preacher to be dismissed after finding out that he read out his Quran recitals from his mobile phone, press reports said Tuesday.

The mosque-goers expressed outrage that the preacher had played them for fools and deceived them into thinking that he knew the Quran by heart.

Members of the congregation did not discover the matter until the third day of Ramadan, when one of them noticed the preacher's hand going in and out of his pocket, Saudi newspaper Al-Watan reported.

Jasser Abdel-Rahman, head of the Mosques Department in the Endowment and Mosques Authority in Al-Qasim Province province, where the mosque is located, said the preacher was not appointed by the government.

"He volunteered. The mosque is still new, and we haven't found a preacher for it yet."

Nephissa   

LOL@ cell phone imam. Subhanallaah, maybe he was a follower of a different mazhabs? I hear stories where people walk out of prayers to answer the door and come back to continue where they left of [their reasoning: as long as you don't turn away and facing the ka'ba ie; walking backwards or sideways, you can leave and come back to it] which is really confusing about why different schools of thought exist. There are so much conflict going on within the ummah walaahi.

Way to go Cellphone Imam. I downloaded the The Qu'ran recital for your mobile off Islamic finder not long ago, but I have yet to transfer the file to my mobile, I guess the LayZie in me will get to it sooner or later. Its a wonderful idea to use the Qu'ran recitals on mobile's, kudos to the genius behind it.

N.O.R.F   

Come on now, I'm sure we have all shut our eyes and recited along to our favourite Qari out loud in the privacy of our cars/homes. This guy just doesnt know the difference,,,,,,,,(if true of course)