Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Danish paper rejected Jesus cartoons

Ibtisam   

i wonder where freedom of speech was then? :confused:

Double Standards or what: Guardian Article

Gwladys Fouché and agencies

Monday February 6, 2006

Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper that first published the cartoons of the prophet Muhammad that have caused a storm of protest throughout the Islamic world, refused to run drawings lampooning Jesus Christ, it has emerged today.

The Danish daily turned down the cartoons of Christ three years ago, on the grounds that they could be offensive to readers and were not funny.

In April 2003, Danish illustrator Christoffer Zieler submitted a series of unsolicited cartoons dealing with the resurrection of Christ to Jyllands-Posten.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1703501,00.html#article_continue

Sayyid   

It was quite apparent that the initial intent of the publications of the cartoons depicting the prophet peace be upon him as a terrorist, were designed to delibartely provocate muslims.

We would be upset if they did this to the prophet of Islam Jesus Al-Masiix (Isa ibn Maryam) but it is for all to see the double standards, hatred and racism directed by a bunch of islamaphobics who only had trouble in their mind but hopefully they are going to pay some day, if not in this world then surely in the hereafter.

Be sarcastic, insulting and abusive for as the big torment of the fire is awaiting you. Will you be able to stand the heat of the fire?

That's their destiny if they do not repent to Allaah and convert to Islam.

Ibtisam   

That's their destiny if they do not repent to Allaah and convert to Islam

i don't think thats their main worry right now. more likely, they are wondering how to get out of this without lossing their pride by saying sorry. how on earth should we shut these muslims up is what they are thinking; :D

I can’t believe they have the audacity to mock Islam which is practiced by millions even not billions around the world – I hope the person who made those cartoons pays the price with his life then with hell - I swear this is a new low for Christians -

Sayyid   

What a pity that the news editors and journalists of Jyllands-Posten are not japanese. They would committ mass suicide right now in their offices and desks in front of their family and children images/pictures on their desks.

Thanks Ibtisaam for the research on the news item.

PROVOKING ISLAM

reducing the level of "Freedom of Expression".

It is worrying to show the double standard the western world is showing to the Cartoon's Issue.They refused drawing the cartoons of "JESUS" which also happens to be against ISLAM ...three years ago.

Freedom of Expression

Drawing the cartoons of Prophet Mohamed was also execising the Freedom of expression..This must be paid in full.

They should also prints news and drawings of The Holocast.. smile.gif