Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

The Rageh Omaar Report : From Minneapolis to Mogadishu

Somalis in Minneapolis aren't the largest Somali population in the world outside of Somalia. I could be wrong but that title goes to Nairobi.

Amuu ula jeeday Mareykanka bas. Soomaalida xaga degan xataa uma maleeyi inay yihiin Soomaalida ugu badan degan dalalka Galbeedka. London iyo Toronto Soomaalida degan ka badan.

Tuujiye   

^^^ Sorry Duqa! London iyo Toronto waa laga badan yahay... Minni waa more than 150,000 saaxiib.. waali waaye..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Waraa when was the last time Toronto joogtay ama Landhan?

Soomaalida Toronto degan meel ka badan dalalka Galbeedka inay jirto ma moodi (the stats are out there), and if there is a place, then Landhan, Yuukee, it is.

Somalina   

Kaaley MMA, goorma CDgaada ka gadi doonta Rosetta Stone? you can't just type London UK miyaa, Ladhan yuukee kulahaa.. I get confused sometimes, bal ii soo sheeg meeshaan ka baranaayo sheekadan... :D war aa keenta.

Tuujiye   

MMA, Duqa Seattle Washington isgee horta lool Toronto waa 3rd largest in North America anaa kuu og taas... lol.. trust me.. Toronto shanta turafatoorayaal oo meelkaste taagan yeesan been kuu sheegin..Alberta ayaa loo wada guuray duqa oo Canada waa la bartay....

London waa la buuxaa laakiin waxaa jira dad badan oo aanan dagneen magaalada oo safar ku yimaada..Hadaad xisaabisid kuwa dagan magaalada, sidaa uma badna...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

I just watched the whole report and it was fair. Yes like Jacfar pointed out he got some of his info wrong, the Somali population of the Twin Cities are not as large as London or Toronto. However he was spot on with the tensions within the community regarding being Somali/American, which comes first and the financial and emotional burden that our families back home exert on us individually. It was a good report and even flattered our community a little with our fleet markets or malls shining like never before.

I do enjoy the Rage Omaar reports a great deal.

RedSea   

Having seen the Report I took away the impression that it was fair and balanced. The interviewees were mostly Somalis and left a positive note at end. He articulated what is already out there.

Great report by Rage Omaar.