Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

Too young for hijab?

AYOUB   

^ I answered that question before it was asked. smile.gif You haven't responded to the questions I've asked and you haven't responded to topic question. You might be joking about, but you're playing with fire. There's major anti-Hijab campaign going on and the danger is some of your remarks might be playing part in it. Go back check page 2 again. You can't believe what you wrote and agree with Rahima without contradicting yourself. Fact is the Somali "reer miiyi" who hold back girls because of "dhaqan" or "ceeb" don't make them wear Hijab either. Your contribution so far has been disappointing and at times came across as trivialising the Hijab, to put it mildly. That's a concerned brother's opinion. smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ Nothing to be concerned about, saaxib. Your actual questions were already answered in my original posts. That you choose to ignore such answers and would rather demand a clear and unequivocal reply is down to your stubbornness and not my evasiveness. But, still, I shall play the fool and state what is obvious to anyone that read my posts dispassionately and without any paranoid notions about a 'war on hijab'.

If I were ever to force a child to wear the hijab it would be once they have reached puberty. This would be when they're nine years of age (or older, whichever comes first). Neither they nor I are obliged to insist upon it anytime before that. Where I agree with Rahima and Blessed is in the fact that they made this very explicit in their replies. They encourage the hijab at a young age but they do not coerce or force.

Faith, my concerned brother is yusor not cusor. If you decide to complicate matters and employ extreme measures because you perceive an attack on your faith, it is you that one should be concerned about and not I.

I am trivialising the subject by the way. I repeat, for a child to wear the hijab is NOT an obligation. So, the discussion in general should be one of preference, no more or less. If you decide to come back and use Rahima's example about Sunna fasting or praying I would advice you not to bother. I intentionally ignored that part of her argument because I've already agreed with the rest of her sentiment. However, if you think a little more about that point, I'm sure you'll see why the analogy does not apply here.

We cool? smile.gif