Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Football 'rape' case CCTV studied

N.O.R.F   

Police investigating an alleged rape involving eight Premiership footballers are examining hotel CCTV footage.

Scotland Yard has confirmed a 17-year-old girl made a complaint at a central London Police station on Saturday.

The alleged incident happened over the weekend at London's Grosvenor House hotel in Park Lane.

Scotland Yard forensic experts have also been examining rooms at the five-star hotel for DNA evidence.

Detectives from Operation Sapphire, the Metropolitan Police's task force to tackle sex crimes, will take a full statement from the girl within the next few days before making further inquiries with anyone she says was involved in the alleged attack.

Anyone being investigated will be going to see their lawyers

Solicitor Mark Stephens

The girl has undergone medical examination at a rape counselling suite.

No footballers or clubs have been named by police in connection with the allegation.

The Premier League and the Professional Footballers' Association have also refused to comment.

Solicitor Mark Stephens said any suspects could expect a police interview within a month.

"If found guilty this is a very serious matter and the starting point is five years' imprisonment for rape, aiding and abetting rape is two to three years," he added.

"Anyone being investigated will be going to see their lawyers."

He said the Attorney General could warn the press about possible prejudicial reporting because of the high profile of the people involved.

The hotel where the alleged incident took place has refused to comment.

N.O.R.F   

lol@winger, just cos man utd didnt play in london at the wknd,i got a cus who works at the dorchester but he says he dont know sh*t, iether that or he was told not say anything,i have a feelin its the Villa players who were at Chelsea last wknd.

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning:

Will not give out names but they play for the Toon army
icon_razz.gif
- two are in the England Squard (I have my sources)...

YOU heard it first on SOL...

the toon arme, who are they ???