Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

Yaab!

I am currently visiting( doing marketing research) some asia countries, what makes me Yaab is how big marriage is in mind of asian girls/ladies, you rarely see Garoobs around, Girls's lives are all about: when & through how she can get marriage! how she can be good wife, they prefer to die instead of getting divorce-----when i saw those asian girls, the first thing came into my mind was: what if somali girls think the same? were there hight rate of divorces among somalis? and the real story i realized during my visit in asia was: Woman make the marriage stay longer then man.they contribute more then 80% while men only make 15%.

Yaabka-Yaabkiis

chubacka   

so if women contribute 80% to make their marriage work and men contribute 15% who contributes the other 5%?

jst wondering...

So, what's your point? Oh you didn't have one? You were just comparing apples with oranges, were you? Sorry to have interrupted you then. Do go on. What other fascinating insights did you gain from those Asian countries?

All ears.

LOOL---ya i was comparing apples with oranges--the point is: if somali girls think the same way as asians think in terms of marriage, were there hight rate of divorces among somalis ? and do you think women can make the large-part in making the healthy-marriage.

You get any idea---valenteenah?

Haye!

waa kow

Did you say you like rats

Warkan waa warkii BBC

maanta waxa laa sheegey , In weel uu kaa doofey yurub ,una doofey DULKA ASIA, Reasonkasna ay noqdeey inuu kaa soo guursado gabar asian ah. Weelkas oo kuu magac deer Yaabka-Yaabkiis,Yabkaa is trying to convice weelasha somaliyeed inaa gursadan hablo asian'ah

(a clip of somali women protesting)

xalimoyeen holding a posters..READ

"waalasha waye,waaraba haa seenin, "

"you have to look like canjeero, in order to make an canjeero",

"nin soo joog laga wayo, "ASIA" laaga heela"

"Haa naa sheegan"

"100 camels mase 100 rats" choose one

"STOP YABKA"

Warakan waa warkii BBC ,anigo aah waryeehee ,CC,intaas iyo aqriis wacan!

Yaabka,

Well, I'm still a little hazy on exactly what you are looking to hear. Asia is a big continent with lots of different cultures. Which nation/s are we using for comparison?

You see, in certain Asian cultures, women don't have much choice about staying married, no matter what. It's better than death after all. If Somali girls feared being killed by their family/husbands if they were divorced or asked for a divorce, then they would be staying married too, wouldn't they?

About women putting in more of an effort to keep a marriage going, my question is why should they put in the bigger effort? What's in it for them? 85/15 doesn't sound very balanced and, as we've all heard, along with irreconcilable differences (love that phrase :D ) imbalance is often what leads to marital breakdowns.

A marriage needs equal buy-in from both partners, because they won't get far if one is dragging the other one's dead weight.

Valenteenah.

A marriage needs equal buy-in from both partners, because they won't get far if one is dragging the other one's dead weight. ---- i agree with ya lakiin fikrada xun waxey ka bilaabataa fikradaaan oo kale mawa aha gebedha in ay ka fikirto waxaas --marka ku leeyahay 85% maka wado wax walba iyada qabneesa lakiin waxa ka wadaa: wuu jiraa mid doqan ah lakin hadi gebedha si fiican u fikirto(optimistic) mar walba ka fikirta horimarka gurigeeda, soo jiidashada ninkaada--farxada ninkeeda(oo aayneen la tartamin ninkaada sida fikradaaada xooga ay dhaheeso ama ka muuqato), ninmanka maaha BEAST animal waa qaf niyad leh asna intoo kale ayuu sameenaa.

culture ma jiro qaf bini-aadan ah ku qasbaayo nin xun in ay la joogto mana jiro famil aduunka gebdhooda ku qasbaaya in ay xoog nin xun kula joogto.

Main point aan kaso arkay ASIA wuxuu yahay: as far ee gebadha farxada gurigeeda ay raadineeso iyo sameesashada ninkeeda ninka intoo kale ayuu sameena(wey jiraan qaar xun ma tirinaaayo intaas).hadii gebdhahaa somaliyeed saas ahaan lahaayeen furitaanka ma badnaan leheen.

Yaabka-Yaabkiis

Khalaf   

Yaabka during a session of man-talk my uncle taught us when it comes to marriage sxb its not 50/50 or as your example 80% women 15% men, but as the Quran says men are protectors and maintainers of women, that means the burden/responsibility of the marriage will be on the shoulders of the man, therefore u protect ur wife’s well-being not only physically, financially, but also emotionally from stress, worry, ect and maintain your household, there is no need to blame the woman “more”........just as imam is head of community, the men is the head of the house thus if the house fails its more of the fault of the leader. No need to bother ninyahow looking at the asians they abuse their women, or those who fall short on their responsblities as u see xalimos always complaning about "loser" farahs, the guide for us should be the Prophet scw and the companions ra, then there wouldnt be as much divorces and unhappy women.

peace out

what ever comes under Protection as you termed is man's responsibility: financial or what ever but that does not maintain a health marriage( we can say it is but less)--mida kale hadi ay tagto hala raaco sida diinta qabta abti waxba ma halaabeen.

waxaaan aniga ka hadlaayo waa Morality quality of the marriage that contibutes alot, it is the the morality quality that makes Guurka to stay longer----somehow we can say security is integral part---lakiin ma u maleynaayi hadii healthy morality quality eeey jirin security or protection in si fiican u shaqeenaayo.

Yaabka-Yaabkiis