Sign in to follow this  
Luggooyo

Barbecues to tempt hunger strikers

Luggooyo   

Israel is threatening to barbecue meat outside the cells of hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners to break their spirit.

Some 1,700 Palestinian inmates are on hunger strike for better prison conditions and more family visits, reports The Daily Star in Lebanon.

But the Israeli Prisons Service is refusing to meet the conditions and is threatening action to break the strikers' spirit.

"Among the various methods we plan to employ is holding barbecues outside the walls of the affected prisons," an Israeli Prisons Service spokesman said.

The hunger strike was praised by Palestinian President Yasser Arafat who has been confined to his West Bank compound for months. :eek:

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As much as it may sound rediculous, it's still tempting unless you are one the strongest willed ppl on earth

Haddad   

Originally posted by Luggooyo:

As much as it may sound rediculous, it's still tempting unless you are one the strongest willed ppl on earth

Would you have resisted? I think most of the brothers there will be able to resist.

Luggooyo   

I think I have the will to resist. When you are going through what the Palestinians are experiencing everyday, you can easily brush aside all kinds of temptations.