Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Fist time Cooking

I remember the first time I tried to cook a meal (lol) every time I think about I just crack up...Even worst my family makes a joke out of it......

I got the pasta ready which turned out okay....

Then the soup came..........I put everything in and made it hot as ever ( too much basbas) but included one ingredient that was not suppose to be used "Mayonnaise" :eek: ........lol.........I always saw my brothers and sis eating it so I thought why not put in the soup for them *lol*

Even though I watched my mom cook so many times I thought maybe I can make it really tasty and make everyone proud, instead I made everyone yell "YUK" :mad:

Thats when I was younger but now I learned form it and thats how I know I can cook better.......

I just wanna see if anyone had a horrible experience like moi...... :D .........

looooolzzzz

my 1st time, i tried to make bariis, and, let just say it all went str8 for the bin, i mean the diigsii nearlly ended up there aswell.

the rice looked like pancake-i added too much water, adn the heat was too high, so the digsii burnt.

2nd time, i made pasta, with beans and ketchap, i remember my uncle walked in with me and his 3 daughters eating our new invention, he through a tantrum, and told us how we could get food poisoning!

the only thing im good at cooking is cakes,cookies and lassagne (however u spell it)ooh and roast potatoes. i can cook anything, as long i have the recipe and measurements.

i cant, wont, and never will cook Laxoox/cajeelo!

Iffah   

Loooool. Goodness! I see ppl who are worse than me...just kidding.

My first time making Bariis....I added too much water and left the stove on Maximum. MY brother comes in the kitchen....looks at the digsi and goes...WHAT IS THAT? Are we having Soor today?? lool. It was sooo white and mushy! But guess what? My dad actually ate it...he's like, if my daughter made it...I'll eat it. And he actually complimented me...Hooyo was another story redface.gif . No one else touched my bariis...even I was I scared to try it.

Gotta run...will add my other horrible experiences later. :D

Unfortunatly i don't really remember my first time of cooking. But i have this one early recollection of my cooking career, where a girl trying to show me one day how to cook and her dirac catching on fire. Maybe i should have paid attention, because that sort of set the stage for my cooking experience :(:(:( Burned myself everytime.

I really am a take-out gal and if i would search for a husband, top number one on my list would is "is he a chef????"..

lambda   

Ladies dont talk about food iam really hungry .

I never tried isku karis but i prefer Spaghetti bolognese wich is not so difficult.

can anybody tell me how to make a good soomali cake please.

2real   

Ladies, I'm sick and tired of cooking this Isku Karis thang with Hilib coz I can't get it right. Please hook a brother up and tell me how "exactly" I'm supposed to make it Hoyo style(any somali hoyo's in the house?) :rolleyes:

silent sis..."i cant, wont, and never will cook Laxoox/cajeelo!"

Girl don't ever say that if you want a somali husband :D

Nailah   

I dont like to cook, my mom tells me to, but i dont, i escape the house, and run for my friends house! lol

when i come back, i can take some yelling , its still better than cooking

----i want a job!!----

that way, theres no need for me to cook, ill be at work, making money...

Let me tell you guys a little story.....My mom uses it so much cause I hate to cook, but I do it just to make her not yell too much......

There once lived a girl and her mother......The mother would always tell her daughter come and watch me make food..I'll teach u and u cook sometimes, but the girl would always refuse or sometimes escape to her firends house(lol) This story is not about Simplicity :rolleyes:

But anyways the girl got married and they were doing pretty well in the begining ordering some take out *loL*, So she said I need to make something to impress my husband *so she calls her mom and asks her how to make canjeero ( early in the mornin* Guess what her mom says, well u didn't wanna learn when I told ya to and u never seemed to have cooked anything for me * So ur on ur own*..............

I think the mother never told the girl and the dude ended up divorcing her ( I guess she made him too fat ordering pizza, and going out too eat too much........