Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Beauty, Shukaansi and Youtube

These are basically made up of photos of Somali girls, which were picked out of their profiles from various sites.

I actually saw that video and I cannot said that I was surprised to see some of our residents here on SOL in that Video. There are all kind of evil people out there faraxs or not. If the girls know that they haven't done nothing other than bad judgement of making their pictures available online, there is nothing to be ashamed off even thought some ppl will pass judgement on them based on the fact their pictures are in the net.

Lately, there was this young lady's nude picture seculating around. I heard the story of what had happened to this girl and how her nude picture got on the net. I heard from family members a month or so ago when I visited Dallas. The picture was posted numerious places around the somali neighborhoods and where her and her family live.Her family have seen the picture time and again. This must have been too painful for them and I hope the guy who endured them this painful ordeal, pays for this in one way or another.

I wonder why Somalis stigmatise pictures of girls? After all it's only a likeness of the person. If they are happy enough to go around in public showing their faces, they shouldn't be afraid to do so online either.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having your photo on your website or sharing it online. The reason faaraxs get away with this 'exposure' business is because people buy in to it. Why, I don't know. It's just scare-mongering as far as I can see.

As for 'nude' photos...they are the in thing now, aren't they? Everyone's flogging their wares, so to speak.

Aaliyyah   

The only thing I will repeatedly say is dont post your pics on various websites sisters, and please come up with one good reason, I doubt you lot can.

If they are happy enough to go around in public showing their faces, they shouldn't be afraid to do so online either.

Sis you are right , I mean hey it is everyone's choice, if a girl wants to post her pic on a website, den heck who gives. But, what I hate to see is when a sister posts her pictures on tons of different websites, and den gets pizz off when she sees her picture in some other website. who else to blame but herself?? why would a sister post her pic online?? she wanted sum attention is that it?? well she got it lol, some one took enough time to post her pic on youtube, now without a doubt, everyone is going to see her pic. My heart really goes to them, I know I would have been pissed off if I saw my picture online, bt the bottom line is a sister will have to blame herself for making a bad judgement, posting her pics online. Since I dont see what anyone gets outa of it. :rolleyes:

wa salaam

p.s. guys need to get a life, they need to start doing something else with their time, If any one wants to get back @ them lol, ye lot can post their pics on youtube :D

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Sister Kimiya....

Paltalk is Evil Place...Peroid.

I never liked Paltalk one second to begin with and I always considered myself to be better than that place but a friend of mine loved there and he was the Master when it came to name calling...Shame.

Let me me share some of my worst experiences in Paltalk and why I quit...One night my friend told me that some one I was looking for was in a certain room and when I went to check out the room...I was shocked to find people calling each other names and even their tribes weren't spared too and they were both guys and girls and the worst part was the same person I was looking for was on the Mic dissing people and their tribes and for me that was very EMBARRASSING moment that I live with to this day...

then I tried to play the role of a Peacemaker and only Allah knows how badly I felt after some lowlife started calling me and my parents names and I was told that i should either join in or leave and finally i was thrown away...then there are certain girls with no morals and shame offering a free strip-show to hundreds of strangers and worse they even show their faces...how low can a girl get...you wonder?

One thing i came to know is that the overwhelming majority of the Somali guys from Paltalk are bunch of losers who have no morals whatsoever and they take advantage of the poor and naive sisters and i was told some even blackmail them into sleeping with them which is the lowest of low any man could ever get...especially when that girl happens to be your fellow Somali sister which begs the question would they want their sister to be in the same situation that they're forcing these Somali sisters in?

My sister Kimiya...I understand your frustration and I sympathize with you and all those innocent sisters out there...but just remember that there are still few of us left who would never violate the dignity of their fellow Somali sisters no matter how badly they were dissed or played if you like... just like the way we wouldn't want our sister's dignity to be violated by one sick animal...

all i can say is...I'M SO SORRY...not all Somali guys are the same just like all of you ladies are not the same...

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ebyan   

A lot of the girls are underage. I've seen many innocent pictures of girls that go to my local high-school and even though the pictures are innocent, people write the most horrible comments. The rumors are the worst.

Blessed   

^Ditto again!

Lois Lane

I think instead of pointing fingers, we as a community internationally or locally need to acknowledge the problem. That our young men degrade women so easily, that young women seem to not only lack confidence but try to emulate this western culture to the fullest.

I say we gotta a problem

Absolutely.

Originally posted by rudy:

Originally posted by Kimiya:

[qb]

faraax is your lest worry there sweetie. when u put anything on the net, its a public domain. only way to get it back, is to get a lawyer and sue the site.

but then again, 99% of these pics are provided by the owners! so dont blame faaraxs for your missups.

You don't get the point 'sweetie'. If I was to post my photo on here. It stays here. It doesn't become public property. Unless, I say so.

Bob

You are right dearest. Faaraxs are not all the same. That was aimed at the loosers. smile.gif

And, PT is evil. That SOl phase has ruined my last PC. :mad:

NGONGE   

Much ado about nothing, ayaayo. :D

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with wise old Rudy here. Once your photo is online it really does become public property (how many times can you report people or sue websites?).

Still, the issue you have here should be mostly concerned with NAKED photos of girls. Further still, it should be concerned with naked photos of girls that were NOT intended for public viewing! Here, though some (like MMA) would question the need for taking such a photo is really the crux of the matter. If I enjoy taking naked photos of myself and sending them to my friends I still have the right to complain when some stranger steals those photos and shows them to all and sundry (people's opinions about the taking of the photos in the first place really do not take away from the wrongness of those photos being stolen). Nonetheless, how many of those girls (and occasional guys) unintentionally have their naked photos spread all over the net? I'd wager that this is a very minuscule number (whilst still insisting that it is their right to make such a 'mistake' and that this does not cancel out the wrongness in their photos being stolen).

The second group are those that post their normal everyday photos in normal everyday websites only to find them spread across other unauthorised and dodgy websites. Again, the fault lies with the dodgy websites and not the innocent people that posted their photos in a legitimate site. They neither have to feel guilty nor need to lock themselves away and limit their own freedoms, simply because some fool might take advantage. I personally do not consider this a problem and believe that only when people disregard the 'shame' associated with posting one's photo online will this problem go away.

The third group (and one that has been repeatedly attacked by the website some Nomads mentioned here) are those that get their computers hacked. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to hack into someone's PC and steal all their photos (I know of two people that got hacked by the owner of that site; they told me and the owner of the site himself confessed to me – Yes, I do have a passing acquaintance with the guy. Nice guy really). What can such people do, I ask you! Never save any pictures of themselves in their own computers? Not bother owning their own computers? This actually reminds me of a friend of mine that owns two computers. One he uses for important work (e.g. paying online bills, saving his CV and family photos, etc) and the other he uses to log into discussion forums, MSN, Paltalk, etc! His argument is that it's safer that way. But the man is well off and can afford it (I'm not sure if the 'high school' kids you're talking about can all afford such a drastic measure).

One final group remains to be discussed. This is the most fun of the lot :D . This group is full of exhibitionists that LOVE to strut their stuff on cam! They have no qualms with showing a breast, leg or beautifully oiled elbow on cam or in photos. They enjoy the attention and want the whole world to see what (arguably) great bodies they all have. These, in all honesty, are the ones that form the bulk of the pictures we see in all those websites and discussion forums. They're happy to pose and are hoping that we're happy to ogle (I have to admit that I, occasionally, am). :D:D

At any rate, if I saw a normal picture of a Somali girl with the caption that she is a serial MSN stripper or a known prostitute (in her neighbourhood) I would usually not believe a word of it. Why should I when the photos of her are not NAKED photos! Likewise, one expects any experienced net user to make the same distinction. After all, we've all come across NAKED photos of Somali girls on the net (no pun intended). Why get all worked up over an ordinary photo of a fully dressed stranger!

The good people should just ignore this whole trend and treat it in the way it should be treated, NO BIG DEAL.

Ps

iman-face.jpg

^^^ Gabadhan gaal ba qaba, ka waran :mad:

Blessed   

Much ado about nothing, ayaayo.

The rest of your post says that you're not entirely convinced. The reason becomes pretty obvious in the 5th para. :Dicon_razz.gif

I'm still intrigued by the 'nice' baranbaro, does he have a bunchline?

p.s

Iman is beautiful. :D She is also an adult model who got paid to strut her stuff. Lets not get it twisted.

DigibAc   

I took a look at the links and itseems these sites are mostly targeted at teenagers. they'r probably made by some board kids.

there is much much worse stuff on the net then this.