Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Ways to go to Somalia

Everybody who's been to Somalia know how it feels to be on of these:

0637460.jpg0645932.jpg

walaahi i remember when i was in dubai airport waiting to board my flight and i was having a coffe in a cafe when a filipino waiter saw me when i reacted to the message on the speaker annoucing my boarding for the flight and came to me and said :

Are you on the Bismilaah flight ?? :D:D

I asked him why he said that because the latest time i checked my ticket it said Daalo Airlines and he said because everytime I see somalis going to the boarding area they're always saying bismilaah again and again. :D:D

But all this is hopefully going to change when this new airline with a hired airbus starts its flights to somalia in June the 9th as am gonna be one of its first passengers ;) ; Its gonna fly three routes which is DUBAI-GALKAYO-NAIROBI AND DUBAI-GALKAYO-ADDIS ABBABA and DUBAI-BOSSASO-HARGEYSA-ADDIS ABBABA and hopefully connecting somalia to the rest of the world.

0582362.jpg

0637460.jpg

Jubba Airways! Now I know they didn't even bother to change the original Soviet colour, I see.

Darn them.

I used them three times. The last flight was Eebbe baa og. Shuud. One wing, which was located at the window I and another guy shared, was leaking some liquid. We first thought it was gas, and scared the heck out of our lives. We called the 'flight attendant,' that uul guy. He gave it a single look, smiled and said: "Waa iska caadi."

What the...

Then other 'flight attendant,' this time the Russian lady, came. Shrugging, she too suggested waa-iska-caadi attitude. Pressed to explain, she said -- the shock, the horror -- "we are all going to die one day." We weren't shocked at the statement, we were shocked the mouth the statement came from: A non-believer anaga na waanineyso. Perhaps she had seen too many scenes like that, oo dhaqankii Soomaalida la qabsaday.

Since the liquid didn't try fast, we realized it was water. Some really got scared, though.

Amazingly, the only two foreign passengers on board -- an Eastern European dude and his Hindi colleague -- were in the mood, joking that "we were going to Soomaaliya, anyway, so what is the fear?" And those who understood nervously laughed.

What bugs me is that they don't even own qanaxyadaan ee dalka nagu geeyaan.

I don't know why Jubba Airways or Daallo Airlines don't even buy a single mid-sized modern plane. I am sure they have enough capital investment to do that. Perhaps their business vision is old-fashioned, Soomaali-style: small or minimum sized, never thinking about the future and expansion.

I hope this new shirkad will take care of them, and if they thought they had monopoly show the way.

Maf Kees   

I don't think that big azz nigga plane of Air Somalia can land in Galkayo. My uncle is a co-owner of AS and explained it all to me when he visited last year. That plane on the picture is a jet, forget the size, waa jeet. So all that dust from those Somali airports will destroy the poor jet. Galkayo can only handle small and medium propeller planes. But maybe you're right.

Air Somalia isn't new. They were kicking it since 2001. But they are coming back with a vengeance now. Koleyba ciyaalsuuqii kale ee Bismilah beey kamid ahaayeen.

Sxb Farax blue maybe you're forgetting that the Galkacyo airport was a former military airbase and has over 3 km runway meaning theres no dust because is tarmac which puts it in-line with Berbera,Mogadishu and Hargeysa. And you only need a 2,5 kilometer for an 777 Jumbojet to land sxb let alone that little piece of machine.

By the way the biggest cargo plane which is the Urliv 340 soviet built landed in Galkayo sxb when the tsunami hit puntland with tents, generators and medecin sent from the Chinese Government.

Look at the runways sxb isnt it long :D:D

yam3.jpg

So Mr faraax do you see any dust on the sides of the runway I only see grass ;) and its very close to the Yamayska lake sxb so its a nice view but close the view of landing in bosaso or Mogadishu when landing from the sea.

yam1.jpg

il%20cesspulio%20di%20yamaska.jpg

Damn the person is black on the pic or is the sun shade I dont know. :D:D