Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

10 Phrases To Avoid With Muslims?

C&H, don't be defensive, just answer the question. Adigu maxaad aheyd? Moderate muslimah/conservative muslimah? Inoo sheeg, why else would you dog other muslims for holding liberal positions?

Thanks for clarifying. I consider myself to be conservative on some issues and not in others. It's not the label I have issues with, it is how people who use it define it. And what does "liberal view" mean in the context of religion, anyways?

JB,

You seem to have had a bad experience with people that you class ( categorize ) as 'Progressive Muslims'.

Nope. It's not personal at all.

Can you name one that could be internationally recognized so we can evaluate your judgement of them?

There is a whole "progressive movement," You can google it, Their agendas are pretty clear.

Do you abide by Sharia-Law or Constitutional-Law ?

Can assimilation to a host Community be gauged by the number of religious cermonies you can intract with ?

What do you mean? If I, a muslim woman, can comfortably shop for Christmass gifts, attend Christmass parties, sip on Cogniac while listening to "Santa is town" under Christmass lights, then yes Assimilation is on full force!

If your neighbour's ( a host community native ) husband picks your husband from the Mosque on their way to the Golf-club or he joins your Husband on an Eid-feast at your place, would you consider it full assimilation into your community?

If the neighbor's husband waited in the Mosque while my husband prayed or the Neighbor's husband brought a goat for the Al Adxa to be sacrified, festively participated in discussions about the joys of Eid, and stayed late to read some hadiths with us about the significance of Eid celebrations and the miracles of it, then I would say yes assimilation is complete.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Progressive Muslims.I hate, absolutely abhor this phrase.

:D I know the type very well

out here they are referred to as "muslimiinta reer magaalka ah" some of the most ignorant people I've ever come across they have very little Islamic if any, just enough to be dangerous.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Add:

"I'm a vegetarian"
:D

and you can Add

"Obsessed with the 72 Virgins idea cause hardly a virgin within a 100mile radius of stockholm unless ofcourse a subserviant muslim virgin."

Johnny B   

Khayr,

The virgins are so yummy, Allah promises them, those who kill/die for his sake... don't you get the importance of the virgins for Men?! icon_razz.gif

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

1. "The Clash of Civilizations"

2. "Secular"

3. "Assimilation"

4. "Reformation"

5. "Jihadi"

6. "Moderate"

7. "Interfaith"

8. "Freedom"

9. "Religious Freedom"

10. "Tolerance"

Phrases you'd remove or Add?

The only thing Muslims would avoid is a non-Muslim(s) trying to define who and what they are and/or should be.