Sign in to follow this  
KEYNAN22

High famine alert in Somalia by the end of 2006

KEYNAN22   

According to the latest report by FSAU, somalis are about to face big trouble with 3.6 million people facing starvation by the end of this year due to absence of sufficient rainfall combined with political unrest. worst affected areas are Jubba,Gedo,Bay & Bakool in southern somalia.

797.jpg

KEYNAN22   

Originally posted by Tenaciousgirl:

i liked ur last thread better.. this one has information but no message.. please reconsider editing this thread

thanks
smile.gif

well duh? :confused: what kind of additional message is required? Isn't it obvious that something needs to be done, especially by somalis in the west.

Ok here is a message, maybe SOL members could create a famine relief account where those who want could contribute with some money for the affected regions and hopefully this could help mitigate this disaster which is quite imminent at the moment.

The method for how this might be done is of course open for debate.

I don't trust these NGo's, i find them kinda fishy.

Hornafrique:

Here is the link.

http://www.fsausomali.org/

Brother, the DUH part was uncalled for

thanks to my suggestion, u forced urself to think outside the box. (yes im taking some credit for ur inventive idea)

anyways...i must say, opening an account, is a great way to finally do something for somaliaaaa

im ready with my donation