Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

I Like This

Paragon   

^God forbid. Waxba kama aan sheegin Buunis. How can I? The man was my fav'rite singer many years ago... him and Axmadeey Abubakar...

Adi kaama wadin, duqa.

Axmedeey iyo Buunis inay isku cod leeyihiin u maleynaa, not to mention labada kaliya fanaan ookiyaal xirto waaye mar walba. Axmedeey ma'ahoo kii qaadi jiray heesta Haloow, haloow.... Marxuum Nuur Eebbo, Eebba ha u naxariistee, qaadi jiray heestaas as well.

Haneefah   

^Xaraam. This dude needs to be sued for messing up the all time favourite of many.

:D @ Doon baa mareysoo. Memories!! I could never make sense of waxey doontu sido back in the days, I still can't. LOL.

Paragon   

Lol, Haneefah. You know I didn't get to the doon question you asked shalay.

I will tell you what the doon ay siddo. The song was said to have been sang for Saar or Mingis, wadaaddo, booraamo or ruuxaamo ceremonies and thus to calm the possessing Jin who is said to love Jaawi ama foox would be promised, 'is deji', your jaawi is on its way, it's coming with the doonta.

Hence:

Baddaa doonbaa mareeyso,

Doonbaa mareeysoo,

Jaawibeey siddaayee...

Similarly, there's another related song, which I am sure you've heard of beryihii hore that goes: soo dagee,

soo dageey

saarkii duleedee

Soo dageey

muxuu doonayaayoo, doonayaa

Talow muxuu doonayaayoo, doonayaa..

To which the Jin would apparently reply:

Waxaan doonayaayoon, doonayaa,

Dahab iyo xariir baan doonayaa

If you ask me that is one materialistic Jini I don't want to possess me smile.gif . Anyway, these songs made into the mainstream music stage because of their rythmes.

Hadda waad garatay waxay doontu siddo ayaan filayaa? :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Cirdey:

Waxaan doonayaayoon, doonayaa,

Dahab iyo xariir baan doonayaa

Reminds me of my Ayeeyo, mingiskeeda markuu kusoo dago all they asked were either xariir guduud ah (still beats me why the color red and not Pink or Turquoise) or dahab or in ari badan laqalo oo golaha looga tumo...She was Calaqad btw...Alla hooyadeey mexey qarash gali jirtay...Always loved eating cuntada golaha laga keeno, there was something about that food walahi... smile.gif

Haneefah   

Ahaa, finally I understand waxey doontu sidday. Acuudubilaah to the concept; Allah maxay dadkeena jaahilnimo ka buuxday. I never heard of the 2nd one.

Originally posted by Cabdiyo Cabdi:

^The state of the current govt and heesta aad la heshay.Misee the singer is called Nuur ?

Cabdiyooy, bless you, waad iga qoslisay :D Waxay tahayba, it appears our dear brother is under the influence of something far bigger than Nur Cadde (whoever this dude is) :D:D

I was told that one of my older brothers used to sing along with that song as a toddler, I guess it was a favourite of one of my aunts who used to babysit him. And whenever she sang, miyaan xalayto jiifsaday, he would respond, jijitaba miyaan digay, riyaad ikuula joogtee. :D Jini buu ahaa, and now he's the best xaafidh al-quran in the family, Lol.

Buuxo   
:D:D Haneefa,i guess i was having a blonde moment lol.I listened to the hees now and I don't understand anything he said , all i could make out was Dumar waa la jiita :D whatever that means. But you are right,Cirdey waa la hayaa :D