Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

SHAME!

I consider it a great shame that as somalis we are now unable to either write or pronounce our own cities in their given names.I'll give you an example

Baidabo - that as far as I know is how if read that city should be pronounced however we seem to be taking the non Somali way such as Badoia,badoa,baidova, etc.Muqdisho is now Mogadishu,Mogadisho.Galkacyo is now Galkayo.Kismayo is now Kismayu

Are there any members here who are non Somali because that might at least explain things further.If we are all Somalis then let us be that bit more Patriotic and Refuse the Non Somali pronounciation or written format of what is Somalia.Thank you.

OG_Girl   

looool@ORQI..I pronounce Asooomaaaal for Somalia, and emqaaadeesho for Mogadisho , that makes me none somali or less Patriotic cause is not "S" is latter"saad"in Arabic? Why Somalis don't change it cause they pronouncing wrong and abusing the names :D:D

Salam

Salaan...

Sax waaye, duqa, laakiin adiga ayaaba ka dartay oo erayada si fiican u sixin. Kasoo qaad tusaale ahaan waxaa qortay "Baidabo" ama "Somali" ama "Galkacyo" ama "Kismayo" ama "Somalia." Intaasba hadii Soomaali ahaan loo qoro sax ma'aha.

Somali=Soomaali

Baidabo=Baydhabo {ama Baydhaba}

Galkacyo=Gaalkacyo

Kismayo=Kismaayo

Somalia=Soomaaliya

Soomaali badan ayaa shaqal dheernimada ka tagaan, kasnimo ha ugu ahaato ama si kaleba ha u ahaato. Isticmaalida shaqal dheerka waa muhiim, aad iyo aad waliba, waana sababta koowaad loo doortay in afka loogu qoro "Laatiin" maxaa yeelay Carabi hadii loo qori lahaa, shaqal dheer ama shaqal gaab ahaan af Soomaali waa ku suurtoobi weysay. Waa waxa kala saaraayo gal iyo gaal, ama bur iyo buur.

Waa kugu raacsanahay rayigaaga, sidaas ku wad dadaalka.

Sax waaye, duqa, laakiin adiga ayaaba ka dartay oo erayada si fiican u sixin. Kasoo qaad tusaale ahaan waxaa qortay "Baidabo" ama "Somali" ama "Galkacyo" ama "Kismayo" ama "Somalia." Intaasba hadii Soomaali ahaan loo qoro sax ma'aha.

Waa kaa qaatey duqa

Laakin aniguba afsoomaali ismalahayn kuqor ee af Laatinka ayaan islahaa wax kuqor.hasee yeeshee waadmahadsantahay.

NGONGE   

Orgi, you're not dumb and I'm not clever. This however is nothing but a storm in a teacup, saaxib. :D

Still, now that I got involved I might as well ask a question (purely to satisfy my curiosity you understand). How many Nomads have studied Somali in schools?

Still, now that I got involved I might as well ask a question (purely to satisfy my curiosity you understand). How many Nomads have studied Somali in schools

Ooh so that is what you meant.Now i get it.

Anyway you do have a point not many lately have studied Somali in schools.I never studied Somali in school either but I self taught myself.One can pronounce it in soomaali as my friend Maskiin put it and then at least make an effort to write it accordingly,not merely accept the format that non somalis have adopted.I am just a sucker for Somali purity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

better be obsesses with Somaliness than non somaliness.

Carrying on the same theme of the classics. ;)

In Homer’s Odyssey he mentions two horrid sea monsters Scylla and Charybdis, one was a rock (or a monster in a rock) and the other was a giant vortex. They were on opposite sides and the sailors had to sail right in the middle to get past them. Some sailors (most I should say) got scared by the site of one and in trying to avoid it, found themselves enveloped by the other! The only one that’s reported to have sailed safely past these two monsters was Odysseus (he of the wooden horse and Greeks baring gifts fame).

(Homer eulogises the wisdom of the man). Wouldn’t you rather be an Odysseus, He-Goat? ;)

In Homer’s Odyssey he mentions two horrid sea monsters Scylla and Charybdis, one was a rock (or a monster in a rock) and the other was a giant vortex. They were on opposite sides and the sailors had to sail right in the middle to get past them. Some sailors (most I should say) got scared by the site of one and in trying to avoid it, found themselves enveloped by the other! The only one that’s reported to have sailed safely past these two monsters was Odysseus (he of the wooden horse and Greeks baring gifts fame).

There you go agaion giving me a headache.I'll be invoicing you for the pills.What is it with you and the animals!.Goats this horses that!.I hope this is not a fetish!

Coloow   

Quantum Leap

Much ado about nothing(anything) was a play by William Shakespeare. It was made into a movie. The somali version of this play is taking place in Doofarey, Nairobi where warlords are meeting to get a slice of NOTHING

The somali version of this play is "AF WAA KOO MAAY LIKI AAME"