Sign in to follow this  
Sheekh Yuusuf

Yaabey DHINTAY,....YAHUD IN MOGADISHO !!

Surfing on the net, i find this blog, a yemenite jewish boy living in mogadisho, subxahanalh maa yahuud baa jooga xamar? Amxaaro iyo Yahuud

Inaa lilaahi wa rajacuun...

War away dadkiii soomaaliyeed !

http://jewschool.com/2007/03/11/jewish-blogging-from-mogadishu-somalia/

"I was introduced to a blogger today who might have forever gone unnoticed in the Jewish blogosphere. A blogger who, honestly, may have lived and died, without so much as a blurb in the news media.

Avraham lives in Mogadishu, Somalia. A 19 year old young man who lives with his mother, he paints out a picture of what his daily life is like as a “Yahud” in Mogadishu where, in his words, 99% of the people are Muslim.

He speaks nostalgically of back when “the government used to have control” of the Islamic courts, and daydreams sometimes about returning to Yemen — where there are at least “more Jewish people”. But he knows, he could never leave his mother (presumably, alone) in Mogadishu.

A blog from a point of view I have never heard before, which really puts words like “exile” and even the entire holiday of Purim into a new perspective for me. I only hope Avraham can keep blogging."

Naden   

Why the hysterics? You sound like an old, remote village woman shown a coke bottle for the first time in her 90 years.

^ Their was a story on IOL in which a jewish man ended up marrying (After he reverted to islam) a somali lady.

Do you see people in the UK or any other european country say " OMG It's a SOMALI. THEY ARE LIKE MOOOOSELAMM". Live with it. You live peacefully in Gaal countries. Give the protection and safety to the GAALs in your country like the Cumar ibn Al khattab with the jews and christians in Palestine.

Taako Man!

No we don't live peacefully, As Muslims we should all follow the sharia law! THIS western democratically is nothing for me!

Well next time i wont be surprised if i see some mooryoley fighting for gay rights in Somalia !!!

LOL we are getting SO LIBERAL !!!

And this guy isn't writing nice things about Somalia or the somalian people !!

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

^^^^There is nothing nice about Somalia or Somalis.

The worst thing in this world is ! SELF-HATERS !!!

BRO DONT hate YOUR SELF ! spread the love instead of the negative attitude.

Pujah   

^^Somalis are 95-97% muslim, the other 3-5% belong to other religions and believe it or not Somalia is still their country and they deserve to lead whatever life they choose in peace. So get used to them and stop crying about it coz there is nothing new about Somali jew.

Shiekh...What's worse is the narrowed minded people like you whose is more worried about fictional online character rather than worrying about actual problems back home. Of all things to worry about in Somalia, you somehow manage to find the one thing that hardly does any damage to Somalia.

Fabregas   

I don't see what is so surprising about this, although it could well be a hoax.But this person does say he is teh descendant of Yemeni Jewish migrants. Jews have left in East Africa for thousands of years. Apparently when Yusuf Al Kowneyn arrived in Hargeysa there was a Jewish King and apparently a jewish population in Somalia. The Yibira Somali clan are said to have hebrew roots, although they are know Muslim.

I once read somewhere that a Falasha Jewish King was executed by Abysnians for aiding none other than Ahmad Gurey..........How truthful this is i don't know!

mantra   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

^^^^There is nothing nice about Somalia or Somalis.

Truer words have never been spoken.