Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

xalimos why hate guys who stand around the cafe

Salaan...

What is the alternative then if you don't want our brothers to sit at their own Soomaali-oriented social places?

Is there any other route since home no longer is an option because it is not the home we knew of, unlike the villas or open courts back in Soomaaliya where they used to gather each after salaatul casar or in casiriya time each day.

Some of you are quick to criticize our humble brothers without considering the social backgrounds. We came from a place where men always socialized at casariya time since working day lasted until noon. Some used to visit other friends' houses at barando, sipping shaah and discussing about current events, politics iyo wixii cusub. Others, mostly youngers, used to go to biibato together playing turub, dublad, etc until maqrib. It was social and people did not eschew. That was our version of pubs, taverns, etc.

So, the married ones are neglecting their families? It will take some time, a gradual stage to realize the friggin' place they live isn't Soomaaliya anymore and kids need father's presence at home. They need time for that and they also have a right to socialize without no canbaro dabada ka taagan oo qeylo ka daba wato.

Meel anagoo ordeeno soo galnay oo dalal iyo dhaqan aanba kaseynin soo kor istaagnay. Ee marka kuligeena time aa u wada baahanahay saa ula qabsana, a balance wixii hore iyo waxa jiro meel u dhaxeyso. Dacaayada badan meelahaan aan ku heyno wax ee tareyso habayaraatee ayaa iska yar.

And you sisters--especially those who keep scorning their brothers--aren't better either.

They spend on the phone God-knows how long--at least four hours minimum a day, especially the married ones and the vast majority of that conversation is about xan, wax sheeg iyo wax kale sheeg. The only difference is that they don't go to cafes and biibato.

And I personally know some particular women who spend at least six-to-eight hours {a working shift!}--sometimes consectuively--a day on the phone for nac-nac iyo niic-niic only.

Ninba tiisa ama teeda aa qumanaha ugu jirto. Ilaahey ha naga bixiyo dhibaatada, aamiin.

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

day.

Some of you are quick to criticize our humble brothers without considering the social backgrounds. We came from a place where men always socialized at
casariya
time since working day lasted until noon. Some used to visit other friends' houses at
barando, sipping shaah and discussing about current events, politics iyo wixii cusub. Others, mostly youngers, used to go to biibato together playing turub, dublad, etc until maqrib. It was social and people did not eschew. That was our version of pubs, taverns, etc.

So, the married ones are neglecting their families? It will take some time, a gradual stage to realize the friggin' place they live isn't Soomaaliya anymore and kids need father's presence at home. They need time for that and they also have a right to socialize without no canbaro dabada ka taagan oo qeylo ka daba wato.

They spend on the phone God-knows how long--at least four hours minimum a day, especially the married ones and the vast majority of that conversation is about xan, wax sheeg iyo wax kale sheeg. The only difference is that they don't go to cafes and biibato.

And I personally know some particular women who spend at least six-to-eight hours {a working shift!}--sometimes consectuively--a day on the phone for nac-nac iyo niic-niic only.

i really understand where u comin from. but what some of us don't get is that. it isnot only casar time those dudes be sitting there yo.. i mean come on some of them won't even pick up their kids from school coz he is with homes.. okay that is wacked. i understand back home was way different, but they can't keep on sayin back home was this and dat.. i mean they wanna to live in this crazy country or western world so get with the program and do ur thing. then have time to chit chat.... just don't stare lol......

and about those ladies u said speeding whole 6 hrs on the phone they are jobless themselves.. i talk on the phone but for that long? max i push myself is 2 hrs..

and if the guy or the lady are married i would expect them to deal with kids issue and family stuff then go chit chat with some close friends for 2-3 hrs atleast. and get back with family stuff..

MD   

Salam Aleikum,

Just like everyone else, I see this everyday, It's like they have no life, Where I live there's this starbucks, the manger and the people that work there couldn't stand them especially the noise, anyways they got couple of warnings after that they were told to buy their coffee finish it and leave not to stay there forever..And it's not only the older generation, I've seen young guys in their early twenties doing the same thing :(

Rahima   

MMA,

Like I said, there is no harm in the men enjoying the company of their mates once in a while, but the problem is when it becomes a daily activity. Let's get real, this is not Somalia, the time is just not the same. The whole community does not assist you to bring up your children. Basically to be honest, it is just the wife and husband and if the husband is missing for a few hours every day instead of spending that small precious time after work with his children, then what will become of them? I'll tell you, they end up never reaching their full potential, beginning with problems at school to probably ending up in jail (especially the boys who do not have male role models).

No matter how it is put, this waste of time can never be justified, there are priorities and if it means sacrifices need to be made, then so be it! Your children come first, your wife and her happiness comes first.

As for the women, yes we all agree I'm sure they have their faults also (and is just as reprehensible), but like I said before, the topic at hand here is the men.

We can always open another thread and dissect the failures of our women. It's about time we all received a dose of reality, maybe then we won't follow in their footsteps.

Qac Qaac   

Rahima well said. need father figure at home.

women have their faults too. but no one would say their faults because they all have 5 or 6 kids by themselves. so all the power to our mothers, i think they saving somalian ppl every where now. whether in somalia, or western countries. i hope u girls could fallow up with the same effort our mother had given us, or better...

valerie   

I can wait when the UK government bans Chad, and labels it as illegal substance.... :D

Poor farax's wat will you do then??...14yr olds chew chad..If you seen southall ...u know wat i mean...why on earth would u wanna waste precious time with ur friends in a cafe..(not indoors..outdoors)everyday...