Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

xalimos why hate guys who stand around the cafe

i mean its a free country yo! why u ladies having a psychotic reactions when u ce a faarix chilling with his bodies there!

just walk away and dont look or turn back & walk the opposite way!! its gene thing!!

hey, faarixs dont say nothing to yall when yall dancing and feeling each late at nite under a locked dance hall! :confused: i mean 2 women dancing with other, please dont that if you ever come to la!!

Rahima   

I wouldn't utilise the word hate, maybe dislike, annoy etc. Hate is just too harsh.

But the issue is not when they do it once in a while (for there is nothing wrong with hanging out with ones friends provided the sheeko is xalaal), but it becomes an issue when they do it day in day out neglecting all their duties and failing to better themselves and their community.

They have a responsibility to take their position and perform their duties. We do not accept slackers for then someone else is going to have to take on board their neglected tasks, namely their female relatives. Just take a look at the married men who sit at these mukhaayado most of the time, who's at home taking care of the children and looking after their every need and want? Who's at home taking care of the homely duties? And even sadly at times, who's providing the finances? Yep, you guessed it women! So you see why we get all psychotic :D ?

This practice needs to be eradicated for it can be bad influence on men who otherwise have the potential to be good men.

Darman! no bro! listen! no body says nothing, when they spend the whole family saving on new outfit, cuz, xalimo hablaayo is in town she gotta have an out of site party jam!! like mtv!!

poor faarax just swallows his pride and is left alone holding an empty bag!!! NO wonder poor faarax needs a Cafe shop run for some rnr!! birds of the feather fly together!! ladies

rahima! i feel u sista, but what u said is more like the crying wolf syndrome!!

Rahima   

I don't believe i said the Somali women were perfect (although i do believe they are far more together than our men are), but the topic at hand here was our men standing around at mukhaayado-therefore i addressed it as such smile.gif

Curly   

Rudy what are you talking about?! Do you know how traumatising it is?

I live in fear, I can’t even post letters from work and I have to cross the road just to get home! I can’t even get lunch from my nearby Indian take away because they’re there! And now I can’t even sit in the office shop front without feeling like a bloody goldfish, okay so don’t tell me it’s a free country because I'm not free to work in peace!

And as for girls touching each other up, oh well that’s a whole different kettle of fish entirely, I could easily ask you why do Somali guys in Somalia hold hands? I think it’s not homosexuality, but just a innocent culturally accepted form of showing affection towards a friend. And for girls that’s just a culturally accepted way of having fun and not getting into trouble for dance like that with a bloke!

Jamster   

Pessimistic sue,

Dear have you got an aversion to Somali men? what is wrong with us? Reading the above post when gets the impression we are some sort of disease to be got id off; or even better to stay away from.

God what had become of us, or more apropriately had become of our Sisters?

With great Respect

Farah

Curly   

lol Farah walaal It's not that they are there...It's what they do when they are there, it's nothing short of harassement!

Walahi I have not problem with Somali men, But the ones that stand around the Marfish always give you trouble whether they are young or old.

N.O.R.F   

thats just the way it,,, never will it change,,,,

so Sue, yr the one always crossing the road when i'm inside the maqaxi listening to the BBC? :D

Blessed   

^^ I feel ya girl! Some guys just don't have any etiquette when dealing with females. It's not so much them being there all day, every day.

It's a problem when they insist on staring you out - like you got paint on your cloths, talk about you like your some object on a shelf, dropping their ****** pick-up lines and making a point of starting up a conversation...and then diss you for ignoring them -as opposed to embarrassing them in front of their boys.

If they are that bored - perhaps going to school and errm work would keep them preoccupied!

Curly   

Lol Socrates...at least you're inside, it's the ones outside I hate!

Exactly Ameenah, and you know its worse when they offer you lifts, scrub that these people don't offer they order you! And when you're just trying to get lunch it's practically "sit down!"

and the older ones always know who you are it's like..."Haa inn hablaayo!" and I don't know who the hell they are! Oh the most embarrassing time was when I was trying to cross the road and get away quickly, some old man was shouting at me “stop! Don’t get run over!!!!" waving his walking stick in the air and of course everybody who wasn't already looking started looking too!

And even since I’ve been working at my work place they've had to bloody put in frosted glass! And believe me no matter how ugly you are they still stare!

:eek:

raula   

lol..u guyz haven't seen notha yet, here they even 'zoom' ;) you in before u get out of the car, and once u do, its a feast :mad: , lord have mercy icon_razz.gif -whewh! thank God I dont wear DIRAC(how do you guyz do it with that transparent piece of clothing :rolleyes: :confused: macho walaahi. Me reads some Quran before approaching the entrance(just to keep me from peeing on myself :D;) )

NGONGE   

Is this really a men versus women issue or is it just a Somali issue?

I personally think it’s a cultural thing; if you stop a non “westernised” Somali person in the street and ask them for something as simple as the nearest corner shop, they’ll reply to you with a question; “maxad ka doonaysa dukanka?” If you have the patience to indulge their curiosity and reply saying that you ran out of milk, they’ll come back with another question asking you where you live and what tribe you’re from and basically want to know the whole story of your life! Now, some people feel offended by this invasion of privacy and reluctantly answer all these questions or make an excuse to make a quick getaway. Others know it’s just the Somali way and that these guys (male or female) don’t mean to offend. It’s not a “xamlimo” or “faarax” thing.

It’s natural Somali curiosity.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Damn!!! I can see this issue is still on the rise judging by the popularity of this topic in the SOL , shall we say even among somalis wherever they are ,lol.

I dont think there's any harm when guys gather in cafes ,after all ,they are places to relax , eat and chill with friends.In fact ,I cant even judge the guys there because I dont know who comes or not everyday ,plus its unislamic .I'll probably be a loser if I had to count those who were sitting yesterday or the day after and since I dont go to cafes ,Im not concerned.

But I heard rumors about the ritual of some young and old dudes sitting in cafes everyday and to be honest I dont get it and I pity them since they have to stay in the same boring place ,poor souls ! :D

The guys that I dont like ,are those who stand in front of cafes ,if they were sitting inside and drinking some coffe or sodas it would have made sense ,how can you stand up for hours outside if you can just go in and sit down? Unless you got no dough! :D:D:D

N.O.R.F   

^^^after a heavy meal of bariss iyo suqaar with salad iyo mus, its only natural to stand and stretch yr legs afterwards, thats what the majority are doin when u see them outside, either that or they are waiting for the gaad to drop, when all *&^% breaks loose,,,,,,, :D

but come on who try to approach a female for shukansi outside a merfish/cafe??? no self respecting male wud, he will be embarassing both parties and showing a bad side to his character in public,,,,,