Sign in to follow this  
SJ

Pull up your pants or else, Virginia lawmakers warn :-

SJ   

Pull up your pants or else, Virginia lawmakers warn

50 minutes ago Offbeat - AFP

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Failing to pull up your pants in Virginia could cost you 50 dollars if the southern US state's legislators have their way.

The House chamber in Virginia's General Assembly voted 60-34 Tuesday in favor of the so-called "droopy drawers" bill to penalize men and women who wear their pants too low, exposing boxer shorts or sexy thong strings in a "lewd or indecent manner."

"Underwear is called underwear for a reason," said Republican lawmaker John Reid. "Most of us would identify this as the coarsening of society."

The conservative state's Senate must now vote on the legislation, which some opponents denounced as a bill targeting young blacks imitating rap stars wearing loose pants, local media reported. Citizens groups have warned that the proposed law could lead to racial discrimination.

The fashion is not limited to blacks or the United States, making its way around the globe with white actresses and singers also wearing their pants vertiginously low.

Pacifist   

Allah Jecliyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man u made my day. That is exactly what was needed. Its so disguisting to see full grown men wearing jean up to their buttocks and you can see their boxers. They are walking and then pulling theirs pants like every other second. :rolleyes:

I feel like slapping the sheezy out of them. Dude please Go home and wear something appropriate or wear a belt. :confused:

STOIC   

Heh..this is another white man's flaunt of his ignorance.They don't like other people's ideosyncrasies collide with their's.I know it is a reasonable man standard to pull up your pant but i hate when uncle Sam dictate my mode of living.This is ridiculous!

LOL, that's awesome. It is a bit strange when people show off their underwear. More and more Somali guys are doing it now, I always feel compelled to ask them if they want to borrow my belt. icon_razz.gif

juba   

Originally posted by STOIC:

Heh..this is another white man's flaunt of his ignorance.They don't like other people's ideosyncrasies collide with their's.I know it is a reasonable man standard to pull up your pant but i hate when uncle Sam dictate my mode of living.This is ridiculous!

never saw it that way! :D:D