Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Ladies only!..

Hibo   

To me Islam is a way of living, and I don't believe there's anything hard in being a Muslim. U just gotta kno right from wrong, and u gotta try to live a clean, good life while at the same time fulfilling the five pillars of Islam.

Anything that sounds really difficult, unpractical or plain illogical is not part of diinta Illahay....to me anyways. Diintu maaha wax adag oo xidhxidhan, its a way of living, a guide if u please.

So, I believe I will hav an abortion everytime, because i kno myself...I wouldn't be'able to survive if I was raped, let alone if I became pregnant! Its not something I can imagine living wit on a daily basis.

The rape alone, would be enough to drive me to suicide....it's a sin I kno....but there's is no way I could come to terms wit it....no way.

So, the only option 4 me in that case would be abortion and several long years in a mental institute.

PS: I've asked around and I was told that when it comes to abortion after rape, it is upto the woman to make the decision. So its not forbidden.

Lulla.....wat a horrible topic!!! cwm31.gif

Hibo   

sorry... i just couldnt help!but come in.

simple facts here,

abortion is xaram

rape is xaram

the guy who raped is supposed to be punished under islamic law... however...how can u be allowed to suffer becoz of someone else's mistake/and or dambi?... i believe that RAPE is considered to endanger the life of a woman and thus...from my own "qiyaas".. i would definetly support my sister/wife/g/friend to have an early "diagnosis"(not using abortion here)..becoz the circumstances are different..for the ones advocating for keeping the baby.. i suggest you look at the records of how many women died/suffered after a rape..it is emotionally draining..

I HOPE i don see any woman go thru this..

Ps..if i ever ever ever ever...come across a rapist.. wallaaaahi wallahi ...i will crush hat mutha------ suckers's BALLS.. with nothing else but a "burdhis".. GOD GIMME THE CHANCE...i have to stop,,

sorry for "crushing" ladies,,lol

well wether abortion is haram or not, i would never think about killing my unborn child. that would be the same as murder( for me personaly) and that is the biggest sin and crime one can committ. so if i got raped and had the choice, i would have my baby, live my life and tell him or her at a decent age about what happened so he /she dont wonder why their father is never around.

so those of who said they would get an abortion-----think bout this---why would u commit another crime against GOd---when one has just been committed to u.they both are crimes, weaher the law lets u or not.

1_luv yall......take care

I really think dat each case an each situation is different..yeah of course adoption sounds being the best solution..but don't u think dat is too sad for a kid to ignore where he comes from..Every woman should have the chance to take her own decision..about her life her body & her future..

PS Allah naga celiyo dat kind of situation cwm28.gifcwm28.gifcwm28.gif

I wouldn't abort nor commit suacide, easier said than done though.

Okay okay i changed my mind, I would abort just cuz i wouldn't want to have a constant reminder of the worst thing that has happened to me(rape).

Someone has to die, either i would commit suicide or kill the innocent baby. They're both danbi so you choose......

x_quizit   

Damn, I can't believe some of you think it's a hard question. First of all, someone rapes you and commits a horrible crime here on earth and in the afterlife, so now you're gonna turn around and kill someone who has not chosen to be the product of a vicious act? The baby didn't ask to be brought into this world, therefore it's not up to you yo take it out of it. Call me crazy, but i believe abortion is haram in islam, and if you guys subscribe to that religion, you'd know your answer. I personally would keep the baby, since Allah, is merciful and would help me deal with the situation. Even though i wouldn't do this, if u cant deal with the baby, give it up for adoption, that way it has a chance in life.

peace

Hibo   

Sista .. adigaa war yaablah keenay .. oo maxaad kawadaa ladies only, don't you think men could give you a good advice in this issue, or the word rape makes you feel the man is the enemy, any way, I was in kuwait during the gulf war and there were many women who got raped and got pregnent and they kept their babeis .. one of them really got my attention and i got never forget her.. she said I take a look on my baby and wana kill him remmebering what happen to me yet again when i take a closer look i feel he is part of me and my son and just hug him and feel pation and love, so it shows what ? it shows it is not the fault of the baby it is just a sad thing to happen and the man who do this will pay for it in this life or in judgment day.. keep your baby it could be your ticket to happiness and a reward of god will come if you raise him to be a fine person and the man who raped the lady will get his punishment, and ***** is a baby who was born if both parents did xaraam but a rape production baby is not ***** .. walahu aclam... but i am sure in religion there nothing wrong to keep.. but abortion is xaraaam no doubt.. next time ladies only kaama yeelaayi waana dagaal baan uqaadan, iga daa discriminationka smile.gif

Buubto   

As we all wondered what is the right thing to do if this happens to u (got raped). It is really good question & a one to be aware of. So I asked one of the scholars at Islamweb fatwa section & here is what he had to say:-

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

If the lady is raped with her consent, then causing abortion means committing another sin and a new crime. So, she has to repent sincerely and seek Allah’s pardon.

But, if she is raped as you said this means that she is not to blame for the sexual act as the rape implies that it is by force against her wish. However, regarding the abortion, it is prohibited (Haram) if the soul has already been breathed into the fetus. She is to resort to the law enforcement agencies to complain against the aggressor, if possible.

We pray to Allah to help her in this crisis.

Abortion can be in two states. Each one has a special ruling.

The first state: having a miscarriage after the soul is breathed into the fetus. Abortion in such a case, without a bit of difference among scholars of Islam, is completely Haram except in the following two situations:

1) If the pregnancy, according to reliable doctors of medicine, will cause certain harm to the mother.

2) If the fetus, according to reliable doctors, died in the mother's womb.

So, it becomes clear that scholars of Islam do not legalize abortion due to deformation or serious sickness that prevents the fetus to live. Such an action (abortion) will be considered a form of killing the soul which Allah has forbidden. Allah forbid!

The second state: having a miscarriage before the soul is breathed into the fetus. Here are also two situations:

1) According to the majority of Muslim scholars, it is forbidden to induce an abortion during the first forty days of the fetus' life. Some scholars legalize such an action. But, the first opinion is the preponderant one, since this action constitutes a form of wiping out progeny.

2) Scholars of Islam differ greatly in case of inducing an abortion after the forty days of the fetus' life, some legalize abortion after such a period.

In addition, in the second state, i.e. before entrance of the soul, some scholars legalize abortion, if reliable doctors have decided that the fetus will be clearly born deformed, infirm, or will die after delivery.

However, it is better and more proper to leave such a matter to Allah and be pleased with His Acts and Destiny (Qadaa). Then, you will be much rewarded. Allah knows best.

I hope that clears all our doubts.

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

Hibo   

HMM I'M MORE CONFUSED NOW THAN B4 cwm18.gif

------------------

"In the end we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, we will understand only what we are taught"

--Unknown

Hibo   

Bless u Buubto for trying....but that didn't help much. I'm even more confused than Indhadeeq.

If the lady is raped with her consent, then causing abortion means committing another sin and a new crime. So, she has to repent sincerely and seek Allah’s pardon.

How can someone be raped with their consent? I don't understand, if the consent was there, then wouldn't that be just sex and not rape? It's an oxymoron.

The matter is still unclear to me.

Hibo   

I would keep the child or give him/her up for adoption. I would NEVER abort the fetus as he/she is innocent.

Buubto,

I dont get what you said..... Rape with consent NEVER happen!!

Buubto   

Indhadeeq, Barwaaqo & liban

Yeah I know it is unclear to me as well don’t know what the sheikh really means. I never heard such thing as raped with her consent b4. A part from that everything else he explained really well. The entire article is his replay towards the question I asked regarding, pregnancy after rape. I didn’t want to cut that sentence off, thought since it isn’t my own I might as well post it without interfering. The rest of the article explains really well about the abortion terms & if she was raped is not her fault & is not allowed abortion. Our mine aim was to know whether abortion is allowed in this case or not. Guess we got our answer.

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

Hibo   

Originally posted by Buubto:

Abortion can be in two states. Each one has a special ruling.

The first state: having a miscarriage after the soul is breathed into the fetus. Abortion in such a case, without a bit of difference among scholars of Islam, is completely Haram except in the following two situations:

1) If the pregnancy, according to reliable doctors of medicine, will cause certain harm to the mother.

2) If the fetus, according to reliable doctors, died in the mother's womb.

OK....this is as clear as can be. I understand it.

The second state: having a miscarriage before the soul is breathed into the fetus. Here are also two situations:

1) According to the majority of Muslim scholars, it is forbidden to induce an abortion during the first forty days of the fetus' life. Some scholars legalize such an action. But, the first opinion is the preponderant one, since this action constitutes a form of wiping out progeny.

2) Scholars of Islam differ greatly in case of inducing an abortion after the forty days of the fetus' life, some legalize abortion after such a period.

This is less clear....#2 is not exactly saying that abortion in this case is forbidden...is it now?

There is no scholarly consensus on abortion after the first forty days of the fetus's life. So, I guess it isn't illegal after all.

This is what I meant when I said the matter is still unclear to me. It doesn't make sense!!! cwm12.gif

Missy   

InshaAllah i will never find myself in this situation....BUT what i would personally do is report the crime then get myself to the nearest hospital and where i can then get the 'morning after pill' which stops pregnancy in the first place.

Hibo   

Hi all someone asked this question at islamcity.com

hope that helps

Question:

As-salaamu Aleikum wa rahmatullah! I know that Islam does not allow an abortion except in the case where the life of the mother is in danger through the birth of the child, but where does Islam stand on abortion in the case of a rape? I thank you in advance. As-Salaamu Aleikum, Evan Muhammad Tate

Answer:

Dear Br. Evan: As-Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu. We apologize for the delay in answering your question. Regarding your question, in the unfortunate case of rape, the first thing the victim and her family should do is to seek the immediate help of a doctor to stop any transmittable diseases and afterwards to halt fertilization (or the conception) in order to prevent pregnancy. So far, there is no abortion taking place. If, for any reason, this immediate procedure wasn't done or wasn't available, then the issue of abortion is the question. In this case, terminating pregnancy (abortion) is permissible if it is done at an early stage. If the fetus has fully developed and reached maturity, then abortion is not permissible because it is the killing of a human soul. And God Knows Best. Thank you for asking. DD

Source:

IslamiCity

salaam

------------------

"In the end we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, we will understand only what we are taught"

--Unknown