Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Religious police in Saudi Arabia arrest mother for sitting with a man

Haddaan inta jaad ku cuno, not that I ever would chew, anigoo la i qadaan qadinaayo saldhig la iga tuuri lahaa. Would I cry, to make a brouhaha about my personal liberties being abused?

Sheeko. She knew wax meesha ka jiro, sharci ka degan. You break, you don't have to cry if laguugu qabto. Heck, being the American she is, she doesn't even have to live there.

Dalalkooda kuma sameyn kartid waxee rabin, I am talking about the Westerners. But they always expect to do waxee rabaan in dalalka kale. If mid lagu qabto qamri asagoo smuggle gareynaayo [as it happened in Sacuudiya a few years ago], he is being "tortured" to confess or something.

Kool_Kat   

^Why?

As for the topic: Break the law, Pay the price!!! Easy as that, nothing more, nothing less...After all it is not like she is new to the country and didn't know any better...Ani yee sheekadaas ii keenin...No one has a guy to her head to live in Saudi Arabia...Haka saarto hee...

“If I want to make a difference I have to stick around. If I leave they win. I can't just surrender to the terrorist acts of these people,”

Alla maqosli kari, ma qosli kari...Bas bas, it is a bit late to qosol...Rosa Parks anyone? :D

winnie   

because everybody is pretending that getting beat up, stripped and charged with indecency is absolutely normal and logical, and anyone who complains about that treatment is spoiled.

this is like bizarro world.

what was the boards reaction when the somali dudes were given a death sentence for stealing? very different, but they were men, and somali, so...

peasant   

^ The somali guys, it was only one of them who commited the actual crime and he run into a house filled with bunch of innocent dudes and they all got charged for the crime of that single man.. That was what upset the somalis but not

the actual punishment of a someone who broke the law of another country deliberately. In this case you have lady who lived in the kingdom about 8 years and probably knows the expected public conduct inside out and also expects to be

given special consideration. I dont see miscarriage of justice at all, this looks like another flimsy case blown out of proportion by Western media and of what i know about Mutaween they always have female officer with them as they

them selves are not allowed to touch the opposite sex. Also the condition of saudi jails are way better than that of american or any other western nation as the inmates come out hafiz korans or sheiks when they finish their term and

no doubt you wont be sexually molested if you ever dropped your soap in a saudi jail as sodomy it self is a punishable crime.

Originally posted by peasant:

^ The somali guys, it was only one of them who commited the actual crime and he run into a house filled with bunch of innocent dudes and they all got charged for the crime of that single man.. That was what upset the somalis but not

the actual punishment of a someone who broke the law of another country deliberately. In this case you have lady who lived in the kingdom about 8 years and probably knows the expected public conduct inside out and also expects to be

given special consideration. I dont see miscarriage of justice at all, this looks like another flimsy case blown out of proportion by Western media and of what i know about Mutaween they always have female officer with them as they

them selves are not allowed to touch the opposite sex. Also the condition of saudi jails are way better than that of american or any other western nation as the inmates come out hafiz korans or sheiks when they finish their term and

no doubt you wont be sexually molested if you ever dropped your soap in a saudi jail as sodomy it self is a punishable crime.

well said.

Dhubad.   

^lool@am done. Way kaa xanaajiyeen haye?

You break a law you will get arrested as simple as that. I don't see any complication in that, she knew men and women cant seat together casually unless of course they are muxrim so she deliberately broke that law and got what she deserves .