Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Students shouldn’t pay taxes!

Curly   

“Millions of pounds are unwittingly being paid by the UK’s student population in taxes they don’t even owe!”

The Guardian, Rachel Gordon- 26th Jan 2001

It’s bad enough some of you have to pay off ridiculous sums of money to student loan companies, and for the government to charge taxes on our wages is just down right dreadful!

So don’t put up with it claim every penny back and make sure your employers are aware that you are students even if it’s just for the summer holidays fill in a P38(S).

However if it’s too late and you’ve still got pay slips from your student days try and claim it back.

You should know your rights! smile.gif

Qac Qaac   

all this for stuuuuuupiiiiiid paper that they call a degree or diploma. IS IT WORTH IT?..

We really should examine our actions, and the things we do from now on, can't just fallow some ppl all our lives.

pearl   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

all this for stuuuuuupiiiiiid paper that they call a degree or diploma. IS IT WORTH IT?..

We really should examine our actions, and the things we do from now on, can't just fallow some ppl all our lives.

lol..so then what would u rather advice ppl to do instead of getting an education?

Qac Qaac   

Pearl i never adviced the people to have no education, i don't know waxa aad ulajeedo sheekadaa, but all i am saying is these countries like canada and america made education something u buy for. universities is another great idea of the government making more money of students who have nothing, they use our dreams to make money of it, who knows if u gonna become what u wanna become, how many peaple graduated from universities who are still looking for work in their field, so all i am saying is we should come up with some way that the government is more attached to the ppl, we don't want them seeing us another great oppertunaty to make money of these high school graduates.

pearl got my point, misa waa iska qeelinoosaa.

N.O.R.F   

In April i treid to obtain a tax rebate for month Oct 2003 to April 2004. They replied in kind and told i wasnt owed a peeny, infact i owed them 88p but they will not ask for this as a good gesture :rolleyes: . What are they trying to say, that i cant afford 88p? :mad: :confused:

Curly   

Lmao Oh my bloody days! Walahi that's hilarious! :D

Oi don’t you have proof that you were charged tax like a payslip of something, and I believe you need proof that you we’re a student during that time too!

:D

N.O.R.F   

I wasnt a student but i just thought they were taking too much tax off me. So i waited until april hoping that i was due a windfall, sent the P60 to IL, but noooooooooo i owe them money :mad: :rolleyes:

pearl   

am not sure about tax laws in england but here in canada u as former student could carryover ur tuition fees down a few years as to lower ur taxes and get a higher return.

pearl   

Qac Qaac:

all i am saying is these countries like canada and america made education something u buy for. universities is another great idea of the government making more money of students who have nothing, they use our dreams to make money of it, who knows if u gonna become what u wanna become, how many peaple graduated from universities who are still looking for work in their field, so all i am saying is we should come up with some way that the government is more attached to the ppl, we don't want them seeing us another great oppertunaty to make money of these high school graduates.

pearl got my point, misa waa iska qeelinoosaa.

what the hell is geelinoosaa?, walaalo i would prefer it if u dont get personal with me, i just asked a single question and u took offense and talked down on me..oh well...u are qac qac...

so as to answer ur question...walaalo u have to realized as a minority person living in north america or even europe ur only granted citizenship for only one reason and that is to work those hard, dangerous, low paying jobs" imagine factory environment,". no white man wants to share an office space with u, he wants u to work under him to serve and clean his *** for him and that is the reason for the high tuition cost.

places like vancouver and ontario have a really high minority rate and those are the only 2 provinces with extremely high tuition cost so as to discourage us from seekin higher education.

now, that does mean ur doomed for a life of *** cleaning….if u want to . but u have options, and u just need to explore them. for example

quebec: tuition cost are half of ontario's university costs and some colleges are tuition free. dont worry about the french, am talkin about schools where english is the spoken word. and to make it even better since quebec has a really low birth rate that means the province is payin parents to raise kids in quebec and is willin to pay $7000 per child to parents each year. how great is that...especially with us somalian families who have 7 or more kids..

edmonton: tution cost are also low and there are some jobs that even pay for ur tuition while workin for them and they pay real well, less taxes, cheaper rent, better life, colder environment u get used to it anyways.

Same goes for lots of other provinces, and am sure the same shit exist in u.s.

Qac Qaac   

Pearl.... abaydiis i talked down to u, mafahmin waxa aad ka wado, haddaa rabtid kor kor waan kugu la hadli karaa wallaalo as u would say. but u r qac qac... i didn't get it what is that mean lol.

ok sister thank u for the prief summary that gave us from canada life.. but i didn't understand of u saying we are here to do the lower jobs. for cadaan, no abaayo that could be true but the really of it is that when ppl are new immigrants into a land they have no choice but to start with the low paying jobs, and work many hours for those jobs, that just how it is. the Italians, the Greece, the Jews, most of the eatern Europpeans when they come to canada they all started with low paying jobs. but if u stay there for all ur life is wrong, then that is when the stereotyping startrs like all the somalies take welfare or don't work.

and if u compare the somalies with the jews when they first arrived in north american the somalies are doing way better if u compare the first 10yrs of the somalies and the jews, coz somalies already have store, some schools, business places. and let's say we really came to canada area after 1992... so in 12 yrs look what our ppl did, but for the jews after the wold war 2, look how long it took them to become something, to have their first business places, then compare.

so marka macantiis don't break your heart with this little obsticles keep your chin up, keep ur head up, the future is good, many somali ppl are graduating from universities,,, the highest of all the black ppl that live in canada, somalies are most ppl who graduate, so what u saying.

all i am saying is though, we should not be trapped in the system, coz the system is for cadaan ppl, not for us.. just know that that's all.

pearl   

Qac Qaac:

walaalo...am not sure if u have been to university of toronto, but that uni is flooded with asains despite the high tuition cost. at the rate minorities are going now, pretty soon we'll take over canada, and that is what these red nicks are trying to prevent thus the tuition cost..

even hospitals are not saved from "those wicked minorities"...like sick kids hospital in toronto has soo many muslims doctors its incredible....we rule the place :D ...masha allah..ur heart is at peace knowin that ur child is in the hands of a muslim....

i still havnt figured out what geelinoosaa means....

goldenchild...am torontain...so much for my tips :D

Qac Qaac   

Pearl... here is the meaning.

Qeelo meaning screaming. qeeli noosaa meaning maxaa hadda adiga la qeeli noosaa. why u screaming now.

qeelo = yelling u understood it now or what.