Che -Guevara

No deal yet in Kenya-Somalia maritime row

Mogadishu will wait for the dispute to be decided by the International Court of Justice in The Hague.

Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed is proposing that Kenya and Somalia deal with their sea boundary dispute as an independent issue, in order not to stall other projects affecting the three countries, including a security transition programme in Mogadishu.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Abiy Ahmed says maritime border dispute should not derail other projects.

• Thanks 1

Fixation on Farmaajo aside, it was public pressure that took the case to the ICJ to begin with and it's public pressure that will keep there until 2020 ruling. 

The last government was forced to file the case and this government will be forced to keep there. Farmaajo will come and go. 

BREAKING: Somalia has written to all permanent missions to the UN in New York, says Kenya has been spreading “inaccurate” statements to diplomats. The letter dated March 5 says oral hearings by ICJ on maritime dispute case to take place in Sept 2019, and judgement to come in 2020.

One doesn't send letters to international bodies if they intend to reverse their stance the very next day. Farmaajo was already in Addis. Why bother with it if he's already conceding. 

Anyway, I came back to my first point, it was the Somali public that forced the government's hand.

The Kenyans acted childish. Their tantrum fell on deaf ears.

The Kenyan made trouble mistakes. They made a trouble maritime deal with Tanzania. And they fell for European entitlements hoping Somalia is too week or busy to do anything.

The moment Somalia submitted the case to ICJ, the Europeans jumped ship. 

Che, was there any doubt about this? Every jaamac, jimcaale, caasho iyo xabiibo know that arrinta badda waa lama taabtaan. Badda NFD Kiikuuyada xooga ku heystaan ayaaba rabnaa soo ceshano, let alone mida Jubbooyinka.

Mudane Xoriyo (Uhuru) just wanted to save his face before Kiikuuyo public because he felt his government was sorta humiliated by 'war torn' Soomaaliya. He is just saving his grace, so we Soomaalis should not care. I know very well Kiikuuyo mentality, believe me.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, Che -Guevara said:

One doesn't send letters to international bodies if they intend to reverse their stance the very next day. Farmaajo was already in Addis. Why bother with it if he's already conceding. 

Anyway, I came back to my first point, it was the Somali public that forced the government's hand.

The Kenyans acted childish. Their tantrum fell on deaf ears.

The Kenyan made trouble mistakes. They made a trouble maritime deal with Tanzania. And they fell for European entitlements hoping Somalia is too week or busy to do anything.

The moment Somalia submitted the case to ICJ, the Europeans jumped ship. 

Even in the extreme if Farmmajo secretly tried to cool off the issue, not even to give in or out, this chicken would not fly.

But the optics of him flying to Addis for breakfast and dinner like Afwerki, which Farmaajos and Afwerki were blaming everybody else doing is terrible.

Where is Sudaanka and other secessionist who just believe the worst of the Somali government without waiting for confirmation. We told you this is bigger than Farmaajo and Khayre and it is proven that the case is still at ICJ and will be decided there. Don't be fooled by the necessary diplomatic niceties,  Kenya took back their over reaction by spinning it as a win..

Well done Farmaajo and his gov.

The issue is crystal clear, apart from politicization and  horrible thinking of secessionists and anarchist, this issue is bigger than Farmaajo or KHayre, it will be death sentence for them if they give any concession.

3 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Maakhir1,

Saaxiib, I know you have being acting like so much of a paid troll (like many cretins of that sort) around here of SOL particularly ever since Mr Cheeseman arrived in Villa Somalia. But could you care to elaborate that nonsensical line of spleen of yours?

Or shall we put it down as your way of "farting-all-over" the place for the lack of any substance of an argument in which you have it to your name around here. Give it a go (or touch of a whirl, if you must) and then tell us why you think that way, my dear ninny.  

just go back and read few of the topics your secessionist colleagues posted here, they were/are really  cheering for KENYA, a very low point.

1 hour ago, Apophis said:

Many of you pro Farmaajo supporters are in for a nasty suprise later this year. Just line up your excuses ahead of time.

Farmaajo has made a deal with Uhuru on the sea. It is a secret deal but someone will leak it.

Of course, it's a secret deal because it only exists in your mind.