Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

favourite hadith

chubacka   

Salaam ppl (and others) of SOL

i wanted to ask you guys to relate your favourite hadiths so the words of rasuallah (saw) can serve as a reminder to you and benefit those that have not come across that particular hadith before.

Ok inshallah i will start, I came across this hadith in a book recently and was pleasantly surprised, in a hadith reported in Muslim, the Prophet (saw) said

"Strive for what will benefit you, seek the help of Allah, and do not be incapacited. And if something afflicts you, do not say: "If I had done such and such, such and such would have happened. But say, "This is the decree of Allah, he does what he wills." This is because "if" opens the door of Shaitan."

Lessons.

1. Strive for useful things in all situations.

2. Seek help of Allah

3.Do not yield and surrender ourselves to incapacity.

4.Accept the past and do not spend tym worrying about it. Accept they are the decree of almighty Allah and there is nothing you could have done to change them.

I love this hadith and find it really useful, what hadiths du love and remember every so often?

Cheerio.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W Chubacka,

First & foremost NICE TOPIC...secondly I have a handful of hadeeths as my favourites right now and the list increases every single day as I learn a new one so I'm sorry if i don't have "One Favourite Hadeeth" so to speak...but I will post 10 hadeeths that enlightened me more than anything I have ever learned and I hope they will do the same for you Insha Allah.

1). A'isha (R.A) said that the Messenger of Allah s.a.w said : "The deeds most loved by Allah s.w (are those) done regularly, even if they are small". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

(2). Abdullah b. Umar said that the prophet s.a.w said : "The muslim is he from whose tongue and hand a Muslim is safe from, and the muhajir he who gives up what Allah has prohibited for him ". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

(3). Abu Hurairah r.a said that Rasulullah s.a.w said : "Beware of envy, for envy devours good (deeds) like fire devours firewood". ( Abu Dawud )

(4). Jabir b. Abdullah said that Rasulullah s.a.w said : "Allah is not merciful to whom who is not merciful to people ". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

(5). Abdullah b. Umar said that Rasulullah s.a.w said :"The Merciful One shows mercy to those who are themselves merciful (to others). So show mercy to whatever is on earth, then He who is in heaven will show mercy to you " ( Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi )

(6). From Abu Hurairah : Rasulullah s.a.w said : "He who does not thank people, does not thank Allah". ( Ahmad, Tirmidhi )

(7). From Anas r.a...Rasulullah s.a.w said : "By Him in whose hand is my soul, a servant (of Allah) does not believe (truly) until he likes for his brother what he likes for himself ". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

(8). From al-Miqdam b. Ma'dikarib...Rasulullah s.a.w said : " When a man loves his brother he should tell him that he loves him " ( Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi )

(9). From Abu Ayyub al-Anshari...Rasulullah s.a.w said... "It is not right for a man to abandon his brother for more than three days". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

(10).Jabir said that Rasulullah s.a.w said..." If one makes excuses to his brother, but he does not excuse him, or accept his apology, he is as sinful as one who takes an unjust tax " ( Baihaqi )

I will post few more as we go along Insha Allah...I'm sure other Brothers & Sisters will also make some contribution Insha Allah so we can keep this topic alive and learn new Hadeeths from each other....

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

chubacka   

Marshallah, I have not heard 8 before its so nice!

U know sometimes its really nice to be reminded of beautiful hadiths, they really warm your heart.

I really luv 1 + 2. Thx for the reminder.

Here is one I love also and try to remember. The prophet (saw) said:

"The affairs of the believer is really wonderful!

All his affairs are good: when he is touched by ease and afflence, he is thankful, and that is good for him; and when he is suffering he is patient, and that is good for him. And that is only for the believer." (Muslim)

Marshallah you cannot lose as a muslim.