Sign in to follow this  
Old_Observer

From Doha to Moscow, Taliban sets the tone and even Trump has to listen to that tone and sing accordingly.

"If a peace deal with Taliban is signed, I will bring home US forces" President Trump

"May God protect you from the teeth of the Tiger, the venom of Cobra and revenge of the Afghan" Alexander the great

Afghanistan as the killer or wounding of Empires continues.

In my lifetime the Soviet Empire tried failed and run away. The American Empire tried failed and is in a hurry to leave. The countries of China, India, Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan..etc are all waiting to see what comes next.

Somalia is so unlucky to be in a critically strategic location, the Afghan are located in critical path, but nothing particularly attractive in the place. As for minerals other countries have same or similar wealth as well, nothing that special. To add insult to injury Somalia also has oil and minerals.

What will happen next?

Me thinks the Chinese will try again after 1000 years since last one. The Chinese will do it through Pakistan and Iran.

If the Turkish wanted to try they would be most successful. The Turkish always respect autonomy of regions and also tolerate multi faith and culture.