Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Are we serious when we say 'Insha Allah.'

roobleh   

Many Muslims have a habit of saying Insha Allah and don't take seriously for what they promised to do. It looks that as Muslims, we try to remember saying that magic word but forget to either show up on time or finish what we promised to do exactly when we said to finish it. Nowadays, when you say Insha Allah to non-Muslims, they don’t take you seriously because we do not take seriously on promises.

Are we a bunch of liars then?

-Lily-   

Er, I have good friends who remind me to say I'A all the time, I'm afraid I don't say it as often as I should :( . As for lying, I don't see how it's lying if you are saying if God wills it?

roobleh   

Lily,

What I am trying to get across is the way non-Muslims react to the word Insha Allah. Because when you're not a person who takes seriously on his/her promises and you always use such a word, people will believe that using such word is the same as saying 'may be' when it is not.

I have seen non-Muslims in the Muslim countries who will doubt your sincerity for keeping on your promises when you use the word Insha Allah.

How many times have you said Insha Allah but you failed to keep on your promises to show up on time with no good reasoning or poor planning?