Sign in to follow this  
Quite -Storm

Football Tournament in Toronto Turned Into Somaliland V Somalia Battle....

Quite -Storm Quiet honestly as i clicked onto this thread i had a feelin it did be a tug of war ovah tribe issues..n lets just say my hypothesis was on the dot. Honestly somalialand means nothing to me apart from some far up north location in somalia.just as the rest of somali groups locations are any more or less important...i seen no superiority varis where am from and vise versa.....and truely for all of you somalilanders tha think "whatevah of me..i care less.

You speak of people lettin go ovah BAD MOUTHING somalilanders but yet you bring it ovah n ovah..if you want to segragate from somali..hey whatevah rocks your boat..as long as you are happy..then best witchu but dont try and rub on everyones face..be proud i aint hating..but if you keep rubbin ish on my face as to how you are bettah...best believe am reflect of some of mine..whatcha think the rest of somali arent proud of wha they are who they are.....well in case your mind is assumes god knows whaa..I AM A PROUD SOAMLI...TO THE FULLEST..I CAN GO AHEAD AND ADD THE PART OF WHERE IN SOMALI AM BOUT BUT I SEE NO REASON TO..AM SOMALI AND THATS THAT.. so you want people to get off somaliland..eitha miniminze that concietedness you so carry QUITE STORM..whatevah i have said am referring to you..because i rather not slope down and generalize every somalilander..cuz i do have friends whom are from there..so as a respect to em and respect to my somali peeps..i wont..i believe i have said what i had to..with tha said..paece

And as far as Soccer game...it was wrong on both sides..whoevah started n whoevah continued on with the sharid...but pin pointing aint rite..n neither is followin...

I hardly post anythin as far as qabil are at stick but one can only take so far...i see no reason to gebrish n bad mouth one anotha..but if thats wha you want to reflect quite-storm...then be my guest..i aint mad or pist just irraited ovah the facts tha we keep coming back to square one day afta day...

we all need to put the past what happen n whatevah is to come deal with it as is..

Wun

raula   

Ok Quite storm..aint no one depriving you from supporting your "people" even though i consider all somalis to be a family, and by the way a family has ups and downs of their own..however, its up to the family to avoid separation and work in unity for the better of all(I dont think that I need to mention the proverb about unity and division).

"I started to support North Star and my blood boils to the boiling point, you see blood is thicker then water and we somalilanders will never forget what the Somali government did to us back in the civil war and how they used to call us names and degrade our prides and culture."...dont be pessimistic and one tribal-minded dear, because there are minority tribes and clans that have not NEVER enjoyed the previous "fruitful" prosperity of the older regimes and here you are only contesting about the atrocities committed against one tribe or ethninicy. Mind you it's not the whole tribe that suffered, probalby couple of individuals. What would the sub-bordinates think?? :confused:

There are many who are suffering now and have been for generations, and for an "educated" and broad-minded individual like you to be thinking of only emphasizing and enforcing the same horrorndeous acts and code of attitude that existed years back at this age is buffling,sad and sickening :mad: :( . I think there is a somali proverb that emphasizes the act of forgiving, and being better than the other who acted a fool to begin with. Have some sense smile.gif

Miriam1   

It was a football game, between two teams...there is no need to take it beyond that.

There are issues between the two state and man its completely naive to believe that it wont be voiced in a game.

I say dismiss it.

mojam   

You post at first sounds like you didn't like what you saw at the stadium ... then you repeat it here yourself.

Kool_Kat   

Captivating_Soul, very well said sis...

Q_S, I was there myself, and was supporting ATL, just cuz they were such a young team and came so far...And when I got to the stadium, it was very sad to see how seperated ppl were...And it all started with North Star...Everything they do, they do it with Qabiil, and seperate themselves from the rest of the Somalis...If they feel they ain't part of Somalis, then why take part in something the Somalis are doing...You don't hear Somaliland Week, no...It is SOMALI WEEK, and the tournament is open to all Somalis, whether they are from North, South, East or West...

So, if Somaliland has so many reasons NOT TO JOIN other Somalis, then I don't see why they had to take a part in the SOMALI WEEK...I hope you get where I am going with this...

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

N'way, Somali is a Somali to me...I don't care whether your from Somaliland, Puntland, or wherever else...But the moment you start saperating, then you'll be booed on and booed on some more...Why the hell did he have to run around the stadium with a non-SOmali flag...Was he missing the point that this event was for Somalis...And noone else...If he wants to flash any other flag than the Blue flag with the Star in the Middle, then he was at the wrong place...And he deserved to be booed and booed and booed...And I must say I really felt proud when I saw the two guys running with the TWO SOMALI FLAGS...After all, it was our Tournament...I was one of the ppl booing yesterday...And I am proud to say I AM ONE PROUD SOMALI SISTAH...I'll boo anyone who separates from us, yet want to take part in something WE (SOMALIS) Are doing...

Just an advise, may be you should start Somaliland week if you feel this bitter toward other Somalis...You don't see Kenyans, Ethiopians, or other African countries joining the Somali Week tournament, now do you? You don't see a Kenyan Flag being flashed or someone running around with a Kenyan Flag in a Somali tournament, now do you?

BYE

FROM ONE PROUD SOMALI SISTER...Alwayzzzzzzz...

Rokko   

What a desperate attampt to tell us about Somaliland.

Quite-Storm, ya forgot 90% of people on the general forum don't give a damn about what country is what, who rules where, who killed how many in Somalia, Somaliland etc na'mean.

you posted on the wrong forum dude. lol

All polically motivated posts should go to politcs forum. lol

Captivating_SouL

Walal thx for your positive input and admire your opinion, I have never intended to disrespect anyone nor did I mention any Qabil or clan in my post, I just simply posted the way I fell about certain things that made me feel angry, I am proud of where I come from and that’s is north, I am not here to bring Qabil walahi that is the last thing on my mind and besides I left Somalia when I was 5 and therefore I consider myself as a Muslim first then Somalilander next, my post is simply the about the way I feel about my birth place, is not my fault that 98 % of the people of Somaliland chose to separate from Somalia, I once liked Somalia but when my father told me horror stories about how they nearly got killed by the soldiers of The Dictator Siyad Barre I changed my opinion and from that day I become so distant from Somalia and its regime, I am not encouraging violence in my post I hope Allah forgive me if I am wrong, we all Muslims and we should treat each other with respect , but what made me post this topic is the way some southern people diss Somalilanders and pretend that nothing happened back in the civil war, thousands of people have been killed and many have been buried alive or shot to death by our Muslim brothers from south, now put yourself in my shoes what would you have done?.....we have been tortured and I am not talking about Qabil here we are talking about the people of Somalia back then (North Somalia) just put yourself in my shoes for 1 min and answer me …..would you go back to the old regime and pretend like nothing happened …or would you rather have your own government and be proud of it……what I am trying to say is that what happened back then is what lead to separation and civil war……walahi I am really astonished when you guys say why you guys breaking up from Somalia………Duh....we have been killed and tortured is that enough or are we born to be tortured.

Kool Kat

Walal please understand where I am coming from…I am just simply posting what I feel after that incident in the stadium, I am not bringing any Qabil here, I don’t even like talking about Qabil, and as for the Somali week anybody who is from East Africa is welcome to participate in the tournament …………not only somalilnders, I even saw some Jamaicans and some white people there …loooooool I guess there were Somalis too…..

Walal I don’t like to argue and I am straight forward person and I say what's on my mind and heart, I don’t hide anything and I let my feelings out on the open and this how I feel about some of the people who ignorant about Somaliland and its sovergnity ….

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

"You can't have your cake and eat it too..."

LooooL I know what you mean but as a somalilander i don't eat cake, i eat Meat and drink Canoo Gaaal....and Shukansi Alot when i am not Eating or drinking.....

You said Somali is Somali…then how come we been treated back in Somali like second class citizen, do you read the news my dear or you just simply trying pretend that it did not happened.

Guys stop turning this into Qabil war, my aim is not to cause trouble but to teach you what Somaliland means to me and if you don’t know now you know……..

Look at all of my post, i have never posted anything to do with Qabil here and allah knows what is best....

OG-Girl

I respect you to walal and i always admire your posts and i found them interesting, and I hate to argue with and if I do I will have to agree with cause you simply pretty and intellectual person…

Raula

Originally posted by raula:

."...dont be pessimistic and one tribal-minded dear,"

I am not being tribal mined dear, and please do not put words into my mouth, did you read my topic correctly or you just assumed that I was talking about Qabil….what I said is that I am a proud Somaliander and when I heard some people saying and chanting racist remark about my country , my blood boiled to the max, how can these narrow minded people booed at a nation that its proud and single handedly achieved its peace without any help, is that why these sick minded people booe at Somaliland flag or is it

Something else hidden in their sick mind that Somalilanders are just another sad story, hell no my dear ….you should read and investigate what my people went through to achieve this peace that we are enjoying now….does it ever cross your mind that we have been abused and tortured and that’s not all, we were subjected to a racial discrimination and all this because we were from north...walal you dont know how Somalilanders feel and therfore i suggest you talk face to face with a Somalilander and you will understand and if you dont understand then you have a problem..

Mobb_Deep

I don’t care who cares and who not cares, this is a free speech and I am entitled to say what’s on my mind and what I feel about certain people, I am not generalizing at all, I am just disgusted by some minority who thinks that Somaliland will join Somalia, dream on guys.

I am not desperately trying to tell you about Somaliland I am just sharing my opinions and views and you should distinguish the one from the other.

I do not tolerate Qabil Talk walahi and as far as i am concern all somalis and somalilanders are created Equal.........

Bachelor   

You post at first sounds like you didn't like what you saw at the stadium ... then you repeat it here yourself.

I had the same Question. Anyways stop the crying and who won the game? We are tired of that North Vs. South issue that is going nowhere.

Kool_Kat   

Q_S, just cuz your father had a bad experience with Somalis, doesn't mean we are all the same...And for you to distance yourself from Somalis just cuz of something that you weren't even a part of, is really sad...

Of course I read and watch the News...If you were treated like a second class citizen back home, which by the way most ppl were treated when Siad Barre was in charge, does NOT make all Somalis the same...Do you think we all supported the way he treated the ppl back home, hell no...My uncle was taken from his home in the middle of the night, just cuz he didn't agree with some of the things Siad Barre stood for, and was jailed for 10+ yrs...Does that mean I have the right to distance myself from Somalis...No...My cousin, who was only 6 or 7yrs old was shot (luckily he didn't die), and hada wuxuu qabaa qalal because of that, does that mean I should distance myself from Somalis...No...

I missed my home country and could not go back, cuz some Somalis decided in ay Qabiil u burburiyaan wadankeenii, does that mean I have to distance from Somalis...I had to come to a country where I didn't know the Language, Culture, Weather, or the ppl, just cuz some Somalis decided in ay ku dhaqmaan Qabiil, does that give me the right to distance myself from Somalis...NO...All our mothers who were successful women back home are now on Walfare, and attending ESL classes, cuz of them damn Somalis fighting back home, does that mean we should hate our own...HELL NO...

So for once stop being selfish, and look at those who suffered or are still suffering today, because of what?

Let's appreciate each other as Somalis...One by One we fall, but together, may be and just may be, we can achieve...

One luv...

Oh i forgot to Add this.....

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

And it all started with North Star...Everything they do, they do it with Qabiil, and seperate themselves from the rest of the Somalis..."

walal how do you know that they started this, was you there with them when they started it, Somalilanders these days don’t care about Qabil and if we did we would not have a wonderful system that amazed the UN, you trying to turn this into Qabil walal, walal scroll back and read my post, I am a proud Somalilander and that’s why I posted this topic to let some people know that Somaliland is a proud country and booing their flag shows that it exist.

Plase no Qabil in here....and just think Positively, walahi i do not hate any Southerns Nor I hate you, i am Muslim and i like the same thing for my muslim brothers in South Somalia.

Senora   

And as far as Soccer game...it was wrong on both sides..whoevah started n whoevah continued on with the sharid...but pin pointing aint rite..n neither is followin...

Captoivating_Soul you were one of the few that made sense in this thread....its things like this that gets a heated argument started, and i really dont understand why you guys are stooping to his level....There is a time and place for everything, but right now ( especially in this thread) i dont see the point in telling us which side of Somalia you represent, b/c as you can see its not getting you guys anywhere....Do you want a standing ovation for being proud of your country...well your not getting one from me....You see there is a thin line between being patriotic and overbearing/arrogant, and sadly enough you and some other members here crossed that line........

Salaan...

Originally posted by Quite -Storm:

LooooL I know what you mean but as a somalilander i don't eat cake, i eat Meat and drink Canoo Gaaal....and Shukansi Alot when i am not Eating or drinking.....

Hoo canbuuladaana ku darso. :D Don't tell me Soomaalilanders don't eat canbuulo either. :D

It is only banooni. Is daji. I was with Northern Stars because I thought in laga ciyaar fiicnaa, and me always supporting the underdogs, I did support them until they scored. Well, then I turned to other underdogs.

And you guys have won--what would have happened if you had lost??? Calanka baluuga waala jeex jeexi lahaa ma'ahoo? icon_razz.gif

Macsalaama.