Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

With ages comes Wisdom....

Khayr   

Salams,

This evening I was helping someone boost their car (young folks-18-24appx.) and the poor guy who was driving the car was panicking and started to call his father (parent's car-I assume!)...anyways, I told him not to call them and that this was a minor thing (car battery dying out)....I just remembered then and now, about myself, when I was younger and how I would have probably reacted similiarly (calling parent or friend for help and Panic in a moment of distress)...anyways, Alhamdulillah, it just made me appreciate the Hikmah of Allah and his promise that 'ALLAH is with those who are PATIENT' and that 'JUST HAVE TAQWA (CONSCIOUSNESS AND/OR FEAR OF ALLAH) and HE SHALL TEACH YOU (sura Al Baqra, at the end of the Inhertiance Ayat-Longest Ayat in the Quran)

Allah's Apostle (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said: "Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (God), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shown resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it".

Have any of you nomads had similiar 'epiphanies', 'realizations' about yourself, about how 'WITH AGE COMES WISDOM'...

Fi Amanillah

J.Lee   

wisdom varies upon defintion just like "common" sense, which is despite popular belief, not always shared and also Age is open to interpretation; there is no defined and agreed upon age (midh la'isku raacay universally) in which a human being must exhibit signs of wisdom or be found lacking. am I wrong?

I brought this up because it seemed to me (quite a surprise really) that you considered nin qaangaadh ah (18-24)a "young" folk and attributed his "dependence" which I read to mean as lacking wisdom (underlying assumption!) to his age.

If I interpreted it differently, feel free to correct me.

With age comes wisdom, absolutley I agree with that but the posted example above is not very much connected to wisdom, to panic or not to panic in such situation is how much wisdom one attains but how confident he/she is, it's reasonable to understand that in those circumstance, how clever one deals with situation solve the problem is somehow related to his/her wisdom but the main part plays the confidence.

there is no defined and agreed upon age (midh la'isku raacay universally) in which a human being must exhibit signs of wisdom or be found lacking. am I wrong?

Yes there is a strong evidence that one's wisdom comes into being when s/he fully becomes 40, signs of wisdom and the ability comprehend issues related to his will be better compared when he was younger than that.

Even the Qur'an supports this, almost all of the prephets were given their duties to convey the message of god and take that huge responsibility at the age of 40.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Wordette:

wisdom
varies upon defintion just like "common" sense, which is despite popular belief, not always shared and also
is open to interpretation; there is no defined and agreed upon age (midh la'isku raacay universally) in which a human being must exhibit signs of wisdom or be found lacking. am I wrong?

I brought this up because it seemed to me (quite a surprise really) that you considered nin
qaangaadh
ah (18-24)a "young" folk and attributed his "dependence" which I read to mean as lacking wisdom (underlying assumption!) to his age.

If I interpreted it differently, feel free to correct me.

'18-24' western raised, unwed folks are 'young' and yes, they do 'lack wisdom'....they haven't become an 'adult' yet because people in that age bracket are still treated as kids i.e. too early to wed, should be in school, live with parents etc.

To be cont'd