Sign in to follow this  
shyhem

Who Was right,The men or The women?

shyhem   

whats up fellows,i want u to read the story below and tell us who won the argument?

A language instructor was explaining to her class that in French, nouns unlike their English counterparts, are grammatically designated as masculine or feminine."House," in French, is feminine: "la maison."

"Pencil," in French, is masculine:

"le crayon."

One puzzled student asked, "What gender is computer?" The teacher did not know, and the word wasn't in her French dictionary. So for fun she split the class into two groups appropriately enough, by gender, and asked them to decide whether "computer" should be a masculine or feminine noun.

Both groups were required to give four reasons for their recommendation.

The men's group decided that computers should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computer"), because:

1.No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2.The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3.Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4.As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay check on accessories for it.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine("le computer") because:

1.In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2.They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3.They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and

4.As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you'd waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

who won, the men or the women,i will be back later to cast my vote

Yo Shyhem that was funny :D ....but my vote is that it should be a masculine(le computer) because there's so much evidence the females gave that was so much like the men's behavior. So did the men but I would still go with "le computer".

I loved:

In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on

and:

They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem

that was funny as hell :D

LuCkY   

Shyhem is this another way of starting battle between the sexes? :confused:

I have to agree with stpaulchick on this one.

Xafsa   

This would have been funny...if it wasn't for the fact that computers really are male.

So the women are right...you know why? 'cause we just are. icon_razz.gif

Bambina   

Sup sup ,dis is so funny ,I think women r right maybe dis is wy the computer is masculine in French "l'ordinateur ",lol.

Ladiif   

I think they both wrong and it should be "lea computer" which makes it neither male nor female, but a she-male to be precise and fair since it showed both genders' behavior!!

shyhem.....u one funky joker...

hmmm....well...L'ordinateur, IS MASCULINE...so i see that the women won....

the women always win...even if there aint a battle,,,we are winning...

thats just life,,,,but i have to say,,,,,the man put up a good fight this time round.