Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Molestation

Modesty   

Have you been ever molested? If so, have you seen your aggressor years later, and what have you done?

P.S. I know this is a sensitive topic, but I'm sure there are many people out there who have faced this, and has been a trauma in their lives even in adulthood. You are anonymous after all, share, maybe you could help someone who doesn't know what to do out there, who is facing the same problem.

Lake   

You come up with bizzare topics you know that?

I'm just glad...you did not mentioned anything about "most" somali men being molesters.

Originally posted by Tone:

I'm just glad...you did not mentioned anything about "most" somali men being molesters.

:D:D ^^I came to realize that of late..and

War gabadha sidi ay ka timidh soomaliya..Talow, Maxay soo aragtay?Mod, please don't go to Som again.

Are you talking about sexual molestation? In childhood? Adulthood?? At work? All of the above? None of the above?

It's probably not relevant but I get molested frequently on the Tube. And so does one of my male colleagues. We think it's because we are awfully passive (me) or attractive (him) people that it happens to us. Avoid both the Northern and Victoria lines during rush hour. redface.gif

Jokes aside, molestation of any kind is a horrible thing. Anyone who it happens to should report it to the police.

Modesty, you contemplate very dark issues these days.

Tone, LoL...it will be mentioned, don't you worry.

Johnny B   

I think Modesty deserves more respect for daring to tackle dark issues, i just hope she skips the sputtering of some Dragons here! :D

Modesty   

LOL redenvous, believe I loved my experience in Som. What is wrong with contemplating "dark" issues people? Do you want me to talk about annoyingly happy things?

Modesty is a grave area you have raised and one needs to be tackled within the Somali community. Molesting ( not sexual ) but the touching and feelings of young girls exists and is often perperated by close family memebers ( uncles, family freinds etc ).

Am not just speakin from speculation but i know of at least two girls who went through this in their young years and they dared not tell their parents for fear of not being beleived.

But the real question should be how to best to tackle this? and no setting up an organisation that confronts is not the answer. Maybe all parents should just be more open with their kids and just talk to them more often.

^n teach their kids some Deen and Islamic behaviours and "Dhaqan"...

I was disgusted to see In dubai recently

some somali wannabees..Young cute ladies wearing Jeans like there is no tomorrow....Did I say anything like their "Thongs"... smile.gif a "beyonce" sort of, until she said "In adheer...where is the Gold souq(Market)..and I told her to try speaking Somali..from that time..

I remembered the swahili sayings...

"Mwacha mila ni mtumwa"..which means The one who leaves his culture/ways is a slave..

Modesty   

^Rendev..what does this have to do with girls needing to learn their culture. Excuse me but I call that bull, and hostile sexism towards women. Why are women always attacked, and accused in most cultures when they are the actual victims? What does this have to do with this topic. Yes, molestation happens in happens in somali communities, most often by very close family members. It's hard to speak about it because you feel this deep shame, and the sad part is you shouldn't feel that way, it's not your fault.You didn't deserve that.I know.

Originally posted by Modesty:

Have you been ever molested? If so, have you seen your aggressor years later, and what have you done?

P.S. I know this is a sensitive topic, but I'm sure there are many people out there who have faced this, and has been a trauma in their lives even in adulthood. You are anonymous after all, share, maybe you could help someone who doesn't know what to do out there, who is facing the same problem.

Its disgusting that u would post such thread

***How hard is it to stick to the question***

[ August 07, 2006, 17:39: Message edited by: Warsan ]

I think ignoring some basic issues that do happen in our communities is more bizarre than actually laying them on the table for discussion. ;)

Modesty   

LOL@Result, I bet you are someone who isn't very new here, just changed their nick. Anyhow, you are on drugs, yet help.