Sign in to follow this  
Raxmah

Pharmacists deny medications

Raxmah   

Contraceptive Controversy

Should Pharmacists Be Able to Refuse Prescriptions for Birth Control?

By Jake Tapper and Jack Date

April 6 — When Julee Lacey, a married mother of two, tried to get her birth control pill prescription refilled at a CVS near her home in suburban Dallas, the pharmacist refused.

"She began to tell me that she personally does not believe in birth control, and that therefore she would not fill my prescription," said Lacey, who attends church regularly and is a former teacher of the year.

Lacey's situation could happen with increasing frequency, since many conservatives are seeking laws that would protect pharmacists' jobs if they refuse to fill any prescription they oppose on religious or moral grounds.

"Pharmacists should not be forced to do anything," said Karen Brauer, president of Pharmacists for Life International. "Pharmacists should be practicing pharmacy for the purpose and benefit of enhancing human health and human life."

Full Article

-------

I just finished reading the article—I’m dazed. :eek: I didn’t know dispensing valid medication would have conflict with your faith. I know this article is about birth control but should pharmacist be dispensing medications depending if it's allowed in their faith or not?