Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

Baby boy survives for nearly two days after abortion

This article has a good point, there should be more scrutiny when it comes to late term abortions. However they retract any sense from their argument when they write it like an anti-abortion piece.

Abortion is the right of any woman, and sadly only religious fanatics and men seem to be anti-choice. I personally hope would not do it (although if I was raped I would seriously consider it), but that is besides the point. I have met women who have had unwanted pregnancies, in countries where abortion is illegal and face the worst of circumstances as a consequence. Abortion is not fun, and few women rejoice at the idea. It is not a decision taken lightly by most sane women either. I think the best solution would be to monitor abortions, and monitor the women better too.

- Through medical examination, justify whether the abortion is safe (i.e that it is not a fully grown child)

- Urge women to use contraception more efficiently and not rely on condoms

- Use the morning after pill

- Offer more help to women in abusive partnerships where the partner refuses to use a condom and the woman is afraid to object, afraid to leave and afraid of having his child

- Recognise that abortion should only be used as a last resort, and NOT a form of contraception itself.

- Educate teenagers on the perils of abortion and the consequences of unprotected sex in a less 'schooley' fashion.

- Do not turn abortion into a religious/moral debate, it helps no-one and leaves those women with even fewer people to turn to.

^ C&H Difaac ha galin walaal kugama soo badin ... im just replying to your post.

but in your honest opinion how many abortions do you think involve .. a 14 year old girl raped by a HIV infected 30 year old man ?

how many do you of them do it because they dont want to ruin their figure, or spite the father, or just because they dont feel like it ?

taking an extremely improbable hypothetical incident to defend this abomination is illogical.

on the same note , if a woman does not want to carry a child why wait 22 weeks to kill it ? and do you consider a cleft reasonable justification ?

turning this into a womens right issue is disingenous and this is how liberals try jam this crayz idea of abortions being ok down everyones throat

C&H: Dont follow the Alimo's line my sister. My point is simple, If its Haram for you, its Haram for Mary Jane also. Abortion is wrong and only in the case of saving the life of the Mother it is permissible. All other arguments don’t hold water.

You are trying to justify it, which is wrong also.

ailamos   

^^ yeah but Mary Jane doesn't believe in what Xalimo believes and couldn't care less, MJ is not a Muslim so that illegality does not apply to her...

C&H Difaac ha galin walaal kugama soo badin ... im just replying to your post.

but in your honest opinion how many abortions do you think involve .. a 14 year old girl raped by a HIV infected 30 year old man ?

how many do you of them do it because they dont want to ruin their figure, or spite the father, or just because they dont feel like it ?

taking an extremely improbable hypothetical incident to defend this abomination is illogical.

on the same note , if a woman does not want to carry a child why wait 22 weeks to kill it ? and do you consider a cleft reasonable justification ?

turning this into a womens right issue is disingenous and this is how liberals try jam this crayz idea of abortions being ok down everyones throat

Walaalo, typically this issue splits few hairs. No worries :D

You asked how many cases involve rape and infections? The answer is too many to count from Incest(fathers, step fathers, mother's boyfriends, priests...) rape and incident of abuse in relationships.

You're a man and so I see where you think this is done out fun. But research shows, the majority of the time, it is the LAST resort for many women. Many women commit suicide or fall under depression after procedure.And MANY said they would love to make a different decision after going through it once. I dont consider cleft or even a physical disability a reason. But IT IS A WOMAN"S right to choose should she absolutely need to and have NO religious obligations to NOT do so.

Nobody is shoving abortion under anyone's throat.If it outrages your moral fiber, then by no means take a stance against it.

Maxaatiri ,

Yes! Thats the point I was fumbling to make. Education is the key.

Originally posted by ailamos:

^^ yeah but Mary Jane doesn't believe in what Xalimo believes and couldn't care less, MJ is not a Muslim so that illegality does not apply to her...

Thats not the point. I am Muslim its Haram for me to Drink Alcohol, its Haram for me to also purchase Alcohol for my co worker who is not a Muslim.

Its simple adeer..

I would advise against abortion in any society but exceptions must be made in cases of incest, rape, and when the mother's health is at risk.

Abortion and ultrasounds in some societies are used for all wrong reasons-it's creating population imbalance in India and China.

C&H: Dont follow the Alimo's line my sister. My point is simple, If its Haram for you, its Haram for Mary Jane also. Abortion is wrong and only in the case of saving the life of the Mother it is permissible. All other arguments don’t hold water.

You are trying to justify it, which is wrong also.

Your simplicity offends me. It is Haram for me because I'm Muslim. But should an athiest woman or a Budhist wants to it is her right. Her body; Her choice.

Mideeda kale if you open this line of thinking then why not tell the Christian, Jewish or Hindu guy lugging cases and cases of beer and liquor to put it down because it is HARAM. Why not tell them to pray, pay zakat, go to the Haj, not commit zina, visit the sick because it is their duty?

The point is people have different beleif systems and you cant make someonelse follow your religion's mandates. Thats why when you're at the office party and your boss offers you a glass of wine or vodka, you simply smile and say " I can't. I'm a Muslim. I dont drink." You dont lecture them about drinking. I fahan. Waxba ha is qalajinin :D

ailamos   

Originally posted by General Duke:

I am Muslim its Haram for me to Drink Alcohol, its Haram for me to also purchase Alcohol for my co worker who is not a Muslim.

No disagreement there Duke, but you're talking about action, C&H never said she will assist in an abortion, all she said was:

I think it is wrong because of my beliefs. Diinteyda ayaa ka soo horjeeda but that doesnt mean people who dont have the same beliefs as me should be stripped from their rights to their bodies.

which is the same as what I had stated:

ailamos   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

I would advise against abortion in any society but exceptions must be made in cases of incest, rape, and when the mother's health is at risk.

Abortion and ultrasounds in some societies are used for all wrong reasons-it's creating population imbalance in India and China.

Word.

Holy smokes! This increasingly depleted planet is overpopulated with an unprecedented number of humans and it can BARELY handle it. And then you go on crying about abortion!

You might think killing an organism that will become human is wrong, but it's by far the lesser evil. What's worse, killing an unwanted fetus, or letting it become an unwanted baby, then an unloved child or an unfed child? The world is full of orphans, of starving kids and you'd like to see even more unwanted kids born?

Of course, all these painful decisions could be avoided if people used a damn CONDOM in the first place.

Originally posted by ailamos:

all she said was:

quote:

I think it is wrong because of my beliefs. Diinteyda ayaa ka soo horjeeda but
that doesnt mean people who dont have the same beliefs as me should be stripped from their rights to their bodies

which is the same as what I had stated:

You are right, you & CH are clearly saying the same thing. That abortion is wrong for Muslim’s and right for none Muslim’s because its their body. That’s the problem here lad. Its wrong for Mary Jane, to kill her baby because it might incoveniance her life style, or maybe it was just a one night stand, an accident or for what ever other ludicrous reason.

Che, has a point here.

CH, lets say I was at the party and by boss offered me the drink that you suggested. Is it right for me to respond with “ No boss, I am Muslim I don’t drink Alcohol, but Jeff over there is up for a drink” :D . That’s what you said above.

LOL! No, you dont have to point to Jeff because Jeff doesnt give a hoot about your stance as he'll obviously be circeling the open bar. So you see, you are not making sense today see wax kaa yihiin?

Ok. This is a noble idea but highly impractical. How do you make these exceptions? If abortion is illegal unless the woman falls under these three catogories: raped, incest, and health issues.

Lets just say we agreed upon this. Say, a woman comes to the clinic and says she was raped and now cant stand bearing the raper's child. She is suicidal. Then, do you perform the proccedure right away no questions asked? No! That would defeat the purpose. So how do you verify she was raped? Who do we appoint to verify this? The police, doctors, relatives? Also, in the case of incest where the victim is already scared sh!tless about the abuser, do you bring charges first? How do we also varify that the woman or the child is telling the truth?

Furthermore, when we say the Fetus threatnes the mother's health. How dangerous is dangerous? Is being bedridden until the child arrives dangerous enough or do you need to varify that the woman will die for sure(which no one is sure :confused: ).

These are some of the problems law makers dont want to touch. Do you see how complex it gets?

Not so fast adeer, regardless of Jeff’s whereabouts throughout the night. I am not obliged to suggest for him to drink or condone it. Neither should you be stating that non Muslim’s have a right to abort their babies. This is how one reads your statement and Alimo’s concurs.

There is nothing to read into. I'm stating that IT IS A WOMAN"S RIGHT to choose, period! Would I do it? No! Would I open an abortion clinic or fund it? No! Why not? Religious obligation. Am I going to dictate what other women do to their bodies by making it illegal for them to obtain abortion should they need it? NOPE! I'm pro-choice. Do it or Dont do it, it is upto the woman. Goverments need to stay out of it.