Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

Somali girls coming of age are caught in cultural tug of war

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

walaal Lucky, glad to c you again ,remember i pray for you to get a decent man, i think you are on the course don't blow up, listen carefully what the man is asking and take a chance, that is my advice, good luck,lucky

c/salaam

LuCkY   

W/SaLaaM

ITs good to see you too Zakariye.

Yeah hopefuLLy one day i pray a good man comes my way, But what are you taLking about?

Juxa   

lucky,,,,,,,,,zakariye is talking about u waking up and smelling the roses ;)

continental that was truely informing article,,,,,keep up the good work smile.gif

Xafsa   

I remember that article being published in the Star tribune a few years back. Still enjoy reading it to this day! Lucky and cont. bach----keep it up we might just open a forum just for the 2 of you ;)

Why not just chat here instead of going private?. Its not like we are chatting filthy!. Its juts a bro to a sis chat flying still so chill!. You are more than welcome to join us walaal! :D

Xafsa   

The pm's are not for filthy talkers...this aint somalinet!

But hey, whatever my girl lucky wants to do is fine by me.

the avatar? why did yit confuse you? :D

I really can't find an avatar the goes with my name! :mad:

I know this aint Somalinet sis. I was just saying that sometimes it is good to share conversations with people that is why this place is designed for!. Dont worry, your girl Lucky who happens to be a nice muslim sista is in good hands!. smile.gif

Your avator is just odd (running dog) for me thats all. I chose mine because I fly alot! :D

Do you think the Somali Sista's are adapting to this western culture Flying-Still?.

Peace.

Miriam1   

Its a really nice piece thanks, i can relate in a way felt some of that confusion when i came toronto, but thank god i was surrounded by the right people and was strong inessence. Once you are sure of who u are, just the basics of your being, that is enough to ground you against any wave of change that could hit you.

I dont know when i was reading that article i felt as if the author wasnt a big fan of Islam..no suprise :rolleyes:

Fartuun looks the strongest of the two.