Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Beauty secrets....................

thanx sis for da ideas about skins.I need to know why my hair has split ends and how I can prevent it from breaking up.And by da way what do u do to get longer hair?

PEACE

Kowneyn   

Female shop talk...what could be more boring that lol

I have learned my lesson!!!

I will try not to ever visit the women section again lol

Kowneyn

I dont have that much but these are the ones I try to live by

for glowing and clean skin take a well beaten egg and apply to your face for 15 mins and when its dried and cracked wash it off

* beaten egg whites also shrink your pores

for awhile

to get rid of pimples faster use baking soda (a little) and mix with water then put on your face

for shiny hair mix mayonaise and a beaten egg or two together then put in your hair before you wash it

for whiter teeth brush your teeth with coffee

or baking soda

*using dark lipsticks also make your teeth look whiter cwm16.gif

I heard honey is good for your hair and skin it makes both softer but it also takes forever to wash out cwm45.gif

Mud and clay masks are also good for your skin used once a week

thats all I know

Hibo   

I agree with Ameenah! Vaseline is soo great I cant believe no1 else has mentioned it!

I use Vaseline on my lips & even on my hair when I run out of my coconut oil formula wink.gif I use Vaseline on my eyes instead of eye shimmers. I use Vaseline when I get a cut.

Without Vaseline I don't know what I would do!

I wash my face soo many times durin the day, approx 7times, 5times for Salah & then once in the morning & once @ nite just b4 I go to bed-after I've brushed my teeth. I use Vaseline when I'm off for bed just after I've combed, put coconut oil formula on my hair and made 2 long braids/plats.

I don't use any make-up I hate it coz I cant apply it, lol! Anyways Alxamdulilah I dont need it, U've probably seen people dat actually look uglier with make-up I guess I'm one of them. Plus I cant find any suitable colours, I can't use the products my Somali friends use coz they're often too dark but I cant use the products white people use, coz obviously dats too light.

I'm scared of goin to the Hair Saloon, coz I just wouldn't trust any1 else with my hair except for Mama lol. I wear Hijab Alxamdulilah, but I still take care of my hair to the max just for my own good, I wouldn't dream of goin outside without havin my hair done first, I just wouldn't feel right! So in dat sense I gotta agree with Honesita, u gotta look good 4 urself & also for ur own confidence!!!

I hardly ever get any spots alxamdulilah, but just b4 my period I get little spots dat look like goosebumps on the top of my forehead (but u wont see them coz of my scarf cwm16.gif

Does any1 else get spots durin or b4 ur period?

Thanx for all those good beauty tips especially the one bout dark elbows & knees I hate showing those areas @ weddings and so on, I always cover it with the Garbasaar-lol.

I have another question however, does any1 know how to apply eyeliners??? I have spent hours n hours @ home tryin to master the art but have failed & have given up.

Lots of luv ExDane ur SisText

Hibo   

Thanks for the free tips ladies. Ms. Folxun will print and frame these suggestions in the hope of looking shax-shax smile.gif

Naa heedhe I'll tell you a secret that worked for me for years. It's an old secret that has been in my family for years, my mother would kill me, but i'll share it with out of the goodness of my heart. Ready, get a pen and a paper Cusbur iyo cilaan with a little bit of warankiilo, then add timir, yaanyo, bisbaas(smear bisbaas under the eyes specially it will take the puffiness away)Let it marinate for 1/2 a day, then wash with hot water.Peel your skin off and for sure you'll stop traffic, or they may run over you, but it's a sign of respect.

Hibo   

Ex-Dane:

Sis, if u live in London, let me know 'cos I can help u wit the make-up bit. It's taken me quite a while to master it myself, but I'm pretty good wit make-up now. I do all my family and friends' make-up on special occasions.

If u r really light ('cos u complained 'bout make-up being too dark), I suggest u try make-up ranges by Lancome or Clinique....they can customise foundations 4 u by mixing darkish colours wit the lightish ones to find u the perfect shade. Bobbi Brown also makes really beautiful foundations that r perfect for Somali complexions.

The best powders are by MAC. Best lip-gloss is Juicy Tubes by Lancome (they r all clear wit different flavours....my fave is the orange flavour), they are a bit pricey though. But I guess we all know that if u want quality products, u hav to pay for them dearly!

Anywayz, PM me if u want more info or advice.

[This message has been edited by BARWAAQO (edited 04-13-2002).]

Hibo   

I dont dare to wear foundations or powders.

I think sum1 told me sum long time back dat it ruins ur skin & dat u'll get wrinkles etc.

I doubt if it's all correct but I'd rather not risk it, lol.

Unfortunately I dont live in London Barwaaqo I live up North-Sheffield. (not by choice!)

I use lip glosses when it's cold outside but I hate it when it warm.

lulla   

The best beauty secret come from the inside, and it is called self_love.if u love urself and have alot confidence, ur beautiful and others can't resist you!

Hibo   

Lulla ur soo rite once again!

May Allah Bless u!

If ur not happy bout urself it will show!

Haven't u noticed how all de guys flock around u when ur taken & ur happy & things couldn't be better?

Smile & it'll rub off.

Hibo   

Ex-Dane:

Foundations and powders don't ruin your skin, they just even out your skin tone and hide any unsightly blemishes that u may hav.

And I wasn't suggesting that u should wear them every day, only when u r going somewhere special and u want to look particularly good, thats all.

Anywayz, I was just trying to be helpful. smile.gif

Hibo   

I understand what ur tryin to say sis!

I just wasn't sure bout those products which was why I asked.

Thanx very much 4 ur help it's really appreciated!

Luv ExDane

P.s STHLM_Lady by cuttin them off, & as sum1 said make sure to cut ur ends once every 4months. Being careful with ur hair when ur dryin & stylin it would help prevent them in the first place. Also heat treatments are harsh on ur hair too. Hope dats of any good, I just tried my best.

QuruXley   

oooh my goodness guyz yall know too much about beauty.i don't have da time to do all tha shit to my face.

i'm da eaziest persone when it comes too beauty.

i don't do anythang to my face.just wash it with regular soap.i don't have any pimples...YET!

i don't have that much make up.i neva buy any make up.

my hair is real ****ed up.i wear xiyaab.

i don't use anythang special.i use every shampoo i see.my hair is too straight(i don't know how that happend).i use2 dye my hair.i was blond/than red/ brunnette u name it and i have done it.

and now im back being black again.i stopped dying my hair a year and a half ago.i hate salons coz i don't trust other ppl

i don't sleep much.

i have eating problems. i hate to drink water

and my nails R long and white.everyone thinks that i do everythang to keep my nails long and white.but i don't give any care to them.

da reason why im all that messy is

1)because most of the time im too busy and in da weekends im lazy.

2)i can't use any food for my face coz when eva i wanna do some of that i think about how many people that R hungry and wanna eat tha food im putting on my face

3) my face is sensetive and im afraid that i use tha wrong thangs for my face.so is betta keep it this way

4) i don't trust anyone coz i hate somebody else who is doing my hair coz i know it won't be my style.

but alxamdullah i still got some of the beauty inside of me.

but i wanna change this style.coz my face is dry and and u can see that my hair is been neglected. tha only thang i got is natural beauty but i know thatz not gonna cut for long.

soo any suggestions?