Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Beauty secrets....................

lulla   

Hi how is ya doin?This is only for females .so guys plz leave.okay ladies.i wanna know if ya have any BEAUTY SECRETS?anything that help u with ur hair, skin, nails,and ect.Plz let me know.

Salaan...

Luula:

Yes, cover them up. smile.gif You wouldn't then worry about showing them off to mere strangers. And, yes, I am a man--even though we men are not invited to participate, but, hey, it isn't fair to be a spectator. smile.gifsmile.gif

Macsalaama!!

Xafsa   

Girl i hardly spend anytime on myself...but every morning and night i wash my face with st.ives apricot scrub...to moisturize it in the witer i put olive oil on my face!! sounds strange but it works..it keeps my face smooth.

Then theres the hair...thats not my field cause sometimes i just don't give a damn!!

Sometimes i jell it and keep it curly other times i blow dry. Before i wash it though i put alot of oil(hot) in it so that it wont break from being so dry.

Like i said...waxaan ku fakaday xijaabka...tintiyoo isku quruntay baan xijaab nab ku siinaa..and i'm done. biggrin.gif

Buubto   

xafsa@lol dhiq biggrin.gif dhiq biggrin.gif dhiq biggrin.gif girl we r the same is true when u said “tintiyoo isku quruntay baan xijaab nab ku siinaa..and i'm done. biggrin.gif. rolleyes.gif girl i do da same redface.gif

Sis lulla I can’t help either, cuz I am Ms xijaab don’t give dam about beauty. On the face once in a blue moon I put on little bit of oil, with yougort (caano fadhi) & khajar la shiiday mix it all together & put on the face. It makes smooth & look shinny. About hair eek.gif I am same with sis xafsa, unless i am going somewhere especial & dat day i am off to hairdresser smile.gif.

Me 2 I am wondering to learn new tips so girls fire away plz.

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 01-22-2002).]

Hibo   

As I like experimenting, I can be a bit more help.

The first bit of beauty advice is:

1) GET ENOUGH SLEEP. 8 hours at the very least.

2) Drink a lot of water. This really helps your skin.

3) Find a range of products for ur skin and and hair and STICK TO IT. (The best products I've found 4 my hair is a range called AVEDA. It leaves my hair soft, glossy and above all smelling delicious).

&

4) Find a suitable make-up range and STICK TO IT. Constantly changing beauty products isn't good 4 ur skin. BOBBI BROWN, IMAN & MAC have really good make-up ranges.

Hope that helped!

lulla   

lool.Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar.I can't believe you ladies, i would have thought u would spend alot times making urselves beautiful.okay here some beauty secrets i use.It is not even secret it is common sense:

For smooth skin mix sugar and olive oil and spread on skin in a circular motion. It gets rid of dry skin as well.

Before you shower, wet your legs, take salt and just rub the salt up and down your legs gently for about 3-5 minutes. Then just jump into the shower and wash it off, and all the dead skin will be gone.

If you have rough elbows and knees, just take half a lemon and rub the lemon into your elbows/knees, it takes away the old skin and cleanses, leaving your usual rough spots smooth

Mash up one banana really well in a bowl, and add enough sugar to desired consistency (thickness) it doesn't matter how much, just make it right for YOU. Add a few drops of mint smelling flavor if you want, it sort of makes the mask cooling and smells great, mix it together to a thick paste, the sugar acts as an exfoliant and the banana is a great moisturizer. Leaves your skin as soft as a baby's bottom, just massage gently onto you skin briefly and let stand till dry, then rinse with warm water, use on any part of the body that needs to be softened.

If you want your lipstick to stay not wear off as fast during the day, color your lips in with lip liner before you put on your lipstick! It really works!!!

I have dry skin and this is what I use to get rid of my dry skin. I use milk and honey. First you put the honey in a bowl and put a drop of milk into the bowl mixing it in with the honey then you put it in your face for about 15 min. Then rinse your face with warm water and the next day your face well be very soft.

Take and egg and and about a tablespoon of milk and mix them together smear on your face and wait for the mixture to dry this may take a while but it leaves your skin clean and your pores smaller

Ladies i know ya have beautiful skin, so take it good care of it.And try some of the trips

Xafsa   

Lulla girl...walaahi waa iga fiicantahay!!! rolleyes.gif

next to you girl waan isku qurmay..I should try your secrets girl. thanks..keep them coming.

Hibo   

Girls I haven’t got that much beauty tips to offer but here it is anyways

Face: L’Oreal facial wash- it removes all the dirt from your face leaving it clean and smooth. And also L’Oreal Moisturizer keeps your face moisturized all day long.

Skin- Just a normal Body lotion- keeps your body smooth and soft and most of all wrinkles.

Hair- I use a French product called Keralong-Makes your hair soft, smooth and shiny. To get the best out of this hair cream you have to duduub your hair every night, so when you wake up in the morning you will have a shiny, bouncy curls. Trim your hair every 4 months, so that your hair grows and you don’t have any split ends and dead hair.

Make-up- I’ am a make-up free girl don’t use any, except when I am going somewhere special.

Lips- Lip gloss

Pretty simple ones, but thats what I use anyways.

lol@xafsa & Buubto- girls you better start looking after your selfs smile.gif

lulla thanx for the tips specially the lemon one, someone told me that before but I thought they were kidding, but I am going to go try it now. BTW does it remove the black area around your elbow? coz I am light skinned girl and I wanna remove that.

Hibo   

gurlss, ya know so much.

lol@xafsa, mee too, put the xijaab n am gone, but i do go to a somali hairdresser once in a while ya know

oh ma god, a few months ago,i had problems with pimples,god i hate them. I tried every product n every morning i used to wake up with a red face n ma face itching.lol.

anyway this days i just wash it every morning n every night b4 going to sleep n put on this cream neutrogena skin clearing moisturizer. it helped me though.

do u guys know how to get rid of little black spots?

share....

thx.

peace. smile.gif

oh yeah, about the elbow, god ma elbow is so black n it just doesn't match ma skin. thx 4 the tip.

barliin   

i wana know what would make this girl

do what the black & wite woman are doing

taking care of ur skin my a**

ur somali qurux waa u dhalasho

make up works only for same time then

so the best thing to do is to sleep

eat and enjoy ur days on earth

allah already gave you what u have

be thank full

ONKOD   

Barwaaqo girl you nailed it. I agree with you 200%.

Enough sleep 7 to 8 hrs a day.

Plenty of water at least 2 liters a day.

Eat balanced food ( fresh veggies and fruits)

Exercise at least three times a week.

Wash your face before you go to bed with a mild cleanser. Each time you wash your face you remove not only dirt but moist as well, so after you cleanse your face moisturize it.

Girls do not forget to take a good care of your teeth brush/floss as often as possible, definately before you go to bed and after each meal. Clean your tongue too please.

For make up the less you put the better. It is nice to look natural.

Suggestions of make up: use light powder MAC STUDIOFIX is good or any brand you prefer.

Lip gloss is becoming very popular now it simple, sexy, and it gives you that healthy looking luscious lips so go for it.

Hibo   

Skin,

Drink lots of water - it does wonders for Ur skin, nails and hair.

If U got dry sensitive skin - like moi - Use vaseline - it is great.

Avoid products with chemicals, alcohole etc. They mess up your skin in the long run.

Hair,

lord have mercy, i hate my hair .... I go hair dressers evey now and again to give them some behavioural therapy lol

Hibo   

Luula: This is what I do... to make myself beautiful... I wash my face with lux soap...use little bit of a lotion for my skin is dry ...n....wear my glamorous chapstick....n I get my groove on...so chill it girlie.. I am learning stuff now! Don't know if I will ever mess with my face.. that ain't ajoke.. its very sensitive... I believe in one thing.... "this is what u get love it or leave it"..SORRY frown.gif couldn't help!