Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Dedicated to India:

Haatu   

Ibti who told you those lies. Garissa is one of the calmest cities I've ever been to. Except suuq mugdi that is :D

Lazy a*s icon_razz.gif

Haatu   

What am I turning into the JB of Garissa or something :D

Ibti, you'll need perfect somali first. icon_razz.gif I don't want to be called Gaal Caddiin :D

Che: you're missing out sxb. Si fiican baan kuusoo baashaalin lahaa :D

Ibtisam   

Haatu I speak perfect Somali, just dont make me write it and I will blend in fine. I even speak a little swahili. icon_razz.gif

Haatu-I have been selling Gaarissa. You would think I will be top on the list.

P.S. My mom was there for couple of days. She left there on Saturday.I will have to ask her what's like.

Haatu   

Ibti: Just don't bring your budh and you'll be fine then. Toorrey is acceptable though :D

Che: Consider yourself at the top of the list then. A couple of weeks of dhaqan celis won't do you any harm :D

Ask her if she visited suuqa xoolaha. Not a lot of people do, but it is one hectic place. I especially love when the geel jires shake hands at the end of deals. Spent most of my childhood trying to imitate them :D

Plus, I've heard the place is big on shukaansi these days :D

Plus, I've heard the place is big on shukaansi these days [big Grin]

Geesbaad iiga dhacdey.

She wasn't there long enough to explore the place.

Haatu   

lol @she wasn't there long enough to explore :D

Geesbaad iiga dhacdey

One of thos moments again :DKK!

Jacpher   

Ibti: In Garrisa, at least you don't have to worry about your watch and passport when you gotta go.

Haatu: Garrisa was good stay for me. Just pulling your leg.

Ibtisam   

^^What I heard different, things like you will be walking along the market and if you have nice earrings on or gold, someone will just run pass you, cut your ear off and run off with it before you can scream with pain?? :eek: (The story was told to me by an over protective friend a few years ago when I got a job there with an NGO) after a few horror stories I decided that I will be one of those place that I will have to take someone with me :Dredface.gif

Haatu   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

^^What I heard different, things like you will be walking along the market and if you have nice earrings on or gold, someone will just run pass you, cut your ear off and run off with it before you can scream with pain?? :eek: (The story was told to me by an over protective friend a few years ago when I got a job there with an NGO) after a few horror stories I decided that I will be one of those place that I will have to take someone with me
:Dredface.gif

You're confusing Garissa for Eastleigh, Nairobi. :D

Jacphac: I thought so :D

Ibti, thats not fair, lil bit exaggerated however, there some true to that about the Incredible India! smile.gif I now feel sorry for the Ferguson he now seems to be cancelling his trip to India and left frightened :D

I would recommend to anyone to go to India see it yourself, you will absolutely love it -the land of blaring horn- Ibti, by now I think you already got used to all these loud honks (Horn, please! thank you!) have u seen that? :D:D great country, especially down the south. 1.1 billion ppl live in there meaning one out of every six people in the world lives in India and one quater of world's poor live in India. with that extreme poverty in mind the country is ironically doing well and its economy soaring at around 8 percent a year and it is not just a story of software, outsourcing, and far away call centers but also medical and pharmaceutical. Each year 600 more ppl become millionairs. Five if not six of Forbes top ten richest people are indians who live in India, hence the name the land of contrasts. How did they make all these money? well, firstly kudos, they speak fluently the language of the money :D true entrepreneurial and good at creating wealth from 0, secondly, ripping off each other and of course any foreigners on their way. So doing business with the indians require for you to have first some basic knowledge about them, their culture and how they click (their mentality & how to go about them) anyone not equipped with these things eeyaa cunay, dabkaa la saarana for them a foreigner waa lacag socota.. halaga reebo lacagta mooye wax kale niyadoodu kuma jirto, suddenly their products terribly overpriced. Dealing with a muslim or not muslim doesnt make any difference, statistically muslims are the worste offenders. Regardless of who you dealing with you may find the way they conducting business are based on a fraudulent manipulation - overprised products, quality? a real drain on your wallet. meesha waxay ku fiicantahayo kaliya dalxiiska unless aadan dadkan si fiican anad u aqoonin iska dhicin.