Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Have you ever been ripped off ?

Jaabir   

You are Visitor No:

to my topic smile.gif

[/b]

Saxiibayaaalo to get jumped at a gun point by a crook in some dark alley is something u cant do shit about, but to willingly hand over your hard earned dollars to some Faraarax dressed up in a yellow suite and end up getting ripped off is some shit oo doqonimadaada ku geeysatay..

Last weekend I went out shoppin for a spring break getaway vacation ticket to Toronto, since I have checked all major travel websites and the fare averaged around $220.00 round trip deal from Mpls to Pearson airport T.O. I decided to check some Travel agencies and see if I could get a better deal.. I stopped by several agents before I stumbled up on this part Xawaalad part laxam xalaal, part travel agency, part tax return filing, part qaraan collection store :D … I figured it wont hurt to check his fares..

The dude had a little office in the back with a tired a$$ HP computer, I asked him “ how much is a return ticket to Toronto?", he goes.. "Bradar take a seat and I will give you the best fare i have.." I said cool.. and took a seat.. homeboy began to work his magic on the computer.. and started staring at the screen.. rubbing his chin,,, and making this “I am deeply thinking” kind of expression on his face as if he is a physicist working on a classical problem of statistical mechanics :D ,, his intense application of his intellectual capabilities :D coupled with his profound devotion for serving his community has engaged my attention in a deep sentiment of respect and appreciation for this struggling young Somali brother who is trying to take his piece of the pie. Although his office/store was grubby and dirty as hell I found his services to be inestimable to the Somali community especially to the none English speaking Somali elders.

My line of thoughts was cut off when the faraax looked me over and said in an introspective fashion “Baraadar the best fare I can get you is $270.83 nonstop flight on a Northwest Airlines..”

“ saxib can I get a student discount on that??”

he goes No “baradar” the company we deal with don’t give any discounts to students. But this is the best fare out there since everybody is traveling on spring break!!”

It didn’t take me a second to turn his offer down simply coz it was not feasible to me, i knew i'd be saving $50 by buying the ticket online.. so I apologized to him and said “saxib I have a better deal somewhere else” now as I got up my eye caught a glance of his computer screen, which by the way was carefully put in an angel that would obstruct the customers viewing of whatever the agent is working with… and guess what… the rat was reading off the fare from Cheaptickets.com !!!!! loooool

Now this is the point where you fancy me mad, you see men normally do serious damage when they get mad . But you should have seen how wisely I proceeded - with what caution - with what foresight - with what dissimulation I asked him “and saxib what company do you deal with in terms of your client ticketing?" I was never nicer to the faarax than during the whole encounter.. so he goes “ Baraadar waxan la dealgarainaa shirkado badaan oo airlines aah, marke wholesale aan oga soo gadanaa tickityada then waan sii gadnaa”

Now the very pleasant day I had along with the Somali-cerntric attitude I posses were sufficant enough to absorb all my rage and anger.. so in a smooth tone I said..

“Saaxib you tried the right trick on the wrong guy, your black a$$ is trying to sell me a $220 fare for $270.00 from a website accessible to everybody.. do you think people are as ignorant and stup!d as your black a$$? Maan I am not gonna lose my cool over this.. I will simply report yo a$$ to the better business bureau Dept of the Minneapolis champer of commerce.." and took off..

homeboy came running behind me in the parking lot with 2 $10 calling cards, he handed them to me and said with a big a$$ smile “Hada saaaxib soomali aan ilsla nahaay ee rizaaqadayda ha iga guyn” I smiled back at him.. took the 2 calling cards, got in my car.. and said “Paastar.. aaniga marka aad isku dayday in aad ii dhacdid yahoood baan ahaa miaa ?? I will still report yo a$$ FIRST THING TOMMORROW… taasi na waa balaan.”. and drove off.. :D

So tell us… have you ever been in a similar situation? Have you been ripped off by someone? Or did someone attemptto rip your off..?? I am more than anixiouse to hear all yall’s stories..

Macalin   

I decided to check some Travel agencies and see if I could get a better deal.. I stopped by several agents before I stumbled up on this part Xawaalad part laxam xalaal, part travel agency, part tax return filing, part qaraan collection store

------

Nice description of my family shop!..looool!

Anyways its good to support ur own kinda business however the situation u have described is by far not the real picture, i do have a couple of buddies who have a travel agency which is proffesional and which deal with major airlines(i could give u the adress in MPLS!),needless to say there are immitators who dont have the neccesarry skillz and or proffesion and in the business of makin quick cash on unsuspecting uneducated qabiil oriented folks(goin to ones store coz they hail from same qabiil!)...

My Point support the community at the same time,look and shop around..there are indeed very well established travel agents tha do give discounted tickets to the majority of soms..especially for overseas!..

And please dont report my cuzin to the BBB...lol JK!

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Lakkad:

And please dont report my cuzin to the BBB...lol JK! [/QB]

waraa Lakkad Somali businessmen dont have any business ethics nooh.. they dont know how to deal with customers, they'd treat you like you have no choice but to shop from their stinky a$$ store..

i didnt report the dude yet.. but i am gonna send my brother to him to buy a ticket to see if he gon put him thru the same predicament...

Lakin I feel like reporting whoever is flooding Mpls with those Plain skirts that has the “little pocket in the back”… maaan every deeqo in Mpls has at least three of those freaken skirts.. lol I don’t know if anyone else ever noticed that :D:D

Iffah   

Originally posted by Darman:

homeboy came running behind me in the parking lot with 2 $10 calling cards, he handed them to me and said with a big a$$ smile “Hada saaaxib soomali aan ilsla nahaay ee rizaaqadayda ha iga guyn” I smiled back at him.. took the 2 calling cards, got in my car.. and said “Paastar.. aaniga marka aad isku dayday in aad ii dhacdid yahoood baan ahaa miaa ?? I will still report yo a$$ FIRST THING TOMMORROW… taasi na waa balaan.”. and drove off..

That wasn't very nice. Ninka intaad cardskii ka qaadatay aad saas ugu nixisay...ishiisa lee yaay kaa soo bixin.

I wonder, balantii ma ka baxday? :rolleyes:

Miriam1   

lool darman, thats jokes wallahi..today was rather strange for me, iam usually one of those people that once a begger asks me for money i hand over whatever change i can manage..and anyone in toronto would know the weather today was horrible, cold as hell!..

So i am standing there at the Yonge subway station waiting for the train..when this lady comes up to me asking me if I had a toonie so she could grab something to eat and walahi she looked sad and miserable. So as i was digging into my pocket to find a toonie, I hear this lady asking me to put my money back in my pocket, i was like what!?..she pretty much told me that my hungry friend here is a regular to the station and that i shouldnt waste my hard-earned toonie on her...

So i put back my money and simply say that i didnt have enough..waiting for the miserable looking lady to go crazy on me..but instead she just walked away from me and thats when i see her counting all the money she collected lol..she had a pocket full of toonies hehehe walahi i couldnt help but smiling at her.

People will do anything for money.

pearl   

lol...notin worst than ur own ppl ripping u off...

i once had this somali guy come up to be in a mall(albion...stay away from that mall) and he watched as i when to the bank to withdraw some money.....as soon as i steped out he came up to me and said abaayo my family and i just moved from quebec and we run out of money and have no place to go....i have a little baby girl....so can u please spare me $20......

i felt sorry for him and gave him $30 instead and even gave him a number to the local masjid so he can go to get some more help...

i go back to mall a month or 2 later to find him asking me again for money......he didnt recognize me and tried to pull the same shit on me again....i was like what!....u freaking liar!...do i look ****** to u?.....

he still didnt recognize me.....and said what!....my family is hungry and i need the money...how can u be soo mean to ur own kind?

lolol...i was laughing as hell...then i told him how he tried to pull his crap on me again....u should have seen him....lolol...he when running like a mad man...lolol....

Jawahiir, that same thing has happened to me once. I wasn't as luck as you, there was no one around to let me to keep my money.

Darman, I wouldn't have the audacity to talk to the guy like that, even if I know am being ripped... I mean, you gotta leave the guy with some honor, even if he don't have any. You just put him in his place.