Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Is ............ ................... .................. ......................?

as soon as Qur'an is quoted - Wey kala cararaan - if i have quoted George Bush's 'Your are either with me or against me' speech they all flood here....

Cajiib.

Khayr - my interpertation is: for ones to rip the khayr & rewards of Allah - they MUST hold on to the rope of Allah TOGETHER (united). i can't interpret beyond that - without falling into sins.

The highest level possible - realistically - considering, geography, language, environment, political, etc - see where i am going with this???

Khayr   

Sayyid,

Why is the concept of Unity sacred in Islam?

Unity on what level? pyschological, geographical (my land is their land) etc.

money   

Muslims were never united and will never unite. it is unrealistic and impractical. the first muslims killed their leaders, had coups, and rebels and this goes on and on. look at the Muslim world and how many wars are going on there. They did this to themselves but again we can't lump them together as they are of different cultures and races. the christian world is not united but they at least get along now after the disastrous world wars.

I don't understand why Somalis , not more than 10 million out of 1.5 billion Muslims in this planet are at the forefront for the so-called Islamic cause especially when their whole nation and society is in ruins, and their poor people are starving to death. Shouldn't our focus be how to restore our dignity, educate our people, get rid of Qabyaalad and extremism, disarm all gangs, get rid of warlords and clan elders, think progressively and develop our country which is the poorest and most backward nation in the world. As I type this people of different ethnic backgrounds are sitting in front of me , quiet and civil while I can hear and can't stand the loud clatter of antisocial,weird, unskilled Somali men arguing and shouting with no regard to their surroundings. Somehow we are not civil, have no manners, don't know how to conduct ourselves, our business, can't govern eachh other, have no sense of nationhood, have no national agenda and above all no priorities - we just follow others or embrace their lunacy as in the case of the extremist elements of Al-Qaeda or the prostitute ourselves to our arch-enemies or the West for the sake of clan dominance at the cost of the whole nation and people. Somalis are just bunch of sad people, hopeless and helpless.

As for the Islamic unity we have to let the Saudis, the Emirates, Indonesians, Turks and other wealthy Arabs take charge and worry about that. We Somalis need to focus first on our national interest to rebuild our nation and people.

As I type this people of different ethnic backgrounds are sitting in front of me , quiet and civil while I can hear and can't stand the loud clatter of antisocial,weird, unskilled Somali men arguing and shouting with no regard to their surroundings. Somehow we are not civil, have no manners, don't know how to conduct ourselves, our business, can't govern eachh other, have no sense of nationhood, have no national agenda and above all no priorities - we just follow others or embrace their lunacy as in the case of the extremist elements of Al-Qaeda or the prostitute ourselves to our arch-enemies or the West for the sake of clan dominance at the cost of the whole nation and people. Somalis are just bunch of sad people, hopeless and helpless.

It is okay - let out brother - its quite ok to cry too - there, there. bes.

Now - that i have consoled you - can bring you back to the topic - you said:

As for the Islamic unity we have to let the Saudis, the Emirates, Indonesians, Turks and other wealthy Arabs take charge and worry about that. We Somalis need to focus first on our national interest to rebuild our nation and people.

Now - my question is - should we do what you suggest above individually or collectively???

money   

Sayid - somehow didn't get ur joke or sarcasm -

as to your question - there is no collective approach to this since we aint monolithic in terms of thinking, mindset and political philosophies... So I guess the individual approach is good -

But let me come back to our priorities which is a Somali one and mainly is about how to bring back peace and how to feed our starving Somali people.

for that goal - I would join any "United" front

Sayid - somehow didn't get ur joke or sarcasm -

as to your question - there is no collective approach to this since we aint monolithic in terms of thinking, mindset and political philosophies... So I guess the individual approach is good -

1st of all i am sorry - you are not the only one - having problems with my dry sense of humour.

2nd - re monolithic vs, collective arguement - i prefect answers to that riddle is the somali proverb - "it takes two hands to washt the face" comes to mind - unless you want to have - half dirty face (there goes my dry sense of humour again - apologise in advance)

But let me come back to our priorities which is a Somali one and mainly is about how to bring back peace and how to feed our starving Somali people.

for that goal - I would join any "United" front

we agreed 100% on this one it seems - having said i wonder - if you believe the only way we can get of the miserable situation we find ourselves is through unity - as i beleive???