Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Women are inferior to men in the Quran..is it true?

Originally posted by makalajabti:

Women are not inferior to men in Islam, it's just that male-dominated societies in some muslim countries "enjoy" discriminating women, those men are backwards, and anti-modern, they cling on their prerogatives by using some verses of the Qura'n or hadiths out of their context.

^^I think Makalajabti understood my point. Let her show you her research and literature smile.gifsmile.gif

Naden   

I tend to agree. Many aspects of the sharia law cannot be applied in a modern society as it would not address all complexities of today's modern life. They applied well to a small desert society where most were traders. Additionally, many of these sharia laws needed to be expanded upon to address family laws such as property, divorce, child custody and so on. Some countries such as Egypt have done a good job incorporating the spirit of some sharia laws into modern penal legislation. For example, cutting off a thief's hand is just barbaric and would not address all the types of robbery and theft that exists now: armed, white collar, and so on.

Originally posted by ibtisam:

i'm not going to come right out and say shariah is faulty, i think it could not be applied to this day and age, with the current people living in the world. i think shariah law could only work and only worked at the time of the prophet (PBUH) and the Khalifah. Anything after that you only have to read history to see shariah rule, due to different understanding of it become Disaster rule! Shariah allows too much flexibility in its nterpretations, so that any tom and dick could justify his actions using his version shariah laws. It is these different interpretations that cause the problems as well as dishonest Muslims, crooks and power hungry people who see Islamic laws as a way to do want they want without people asking difficult questions. [/QB]

Castro   

Originally posted by naden:

For example, cutting off a thief's hand is just barbaric and would not address all the types of robbery and theft that exists now: armed, white collar, and so on.

I'm sure you didn't mean to describe Allah's decree as barbaric, did you?

Naden   

Originally posted by Castro:

I sure did. By today's standards, cutting off limbs is and God did not decree the cutting of hands. Other than crimes such as murder whose punishment is specified in the Quran, the remainder are best left to a judicial system that writes penal law incorporating the spirit of the sharia and taking into account modern variants of a crime. Even with these crimes, there is a flexibility in the punishment to reduce the shukuk.

quote:Originally posted by Castro:

I sure did.
[/i]
smile.gifsmile.gif serious.

I have a serious advice I wish to share with all my muslim brothers and sisters..Jokes and Kaftan aside.Before you describe Shariah as faulty, ask yourself what shariah means in the first place..

Allah NEVER revealed the Quraan and Islam through prophet Mohamed to cause us anguish and frustrations.Never did our prophet also blame Shariah at any one time.No muslim ever raised an alarm about the shariah.Everything was alright until the ISLAMIC empire started disintegrating and many muslims started migrating to far off land.Some migrating and settling with non-muslim communities.People started to pursue The shariah for their causes, harrasing women, murdering with impunity and causing havoc in the land.that is where we are now.

Never blame the shariah for the 21st Century freedom and never say Shariah was bad as you did over here if the above quote is anything to go by.

Shariah can be suited for the 21st century for the purpose encompassing the Islamic countries.But first you must have a truly Islamic country for that to operate.It is still compatible with various issues like marriages, children custody, arbitration between muslims, debts, inheritance, wealth, fairness in resources distribution and much more.

The people who are supposed to show the world that ISLAM is a nice, a good religion are you and me.If you need to learn more about your religion, feel free.there are a lot of information from various websites & (Beware there are some websites which are against ISLAM) Which pretend to be Islamic websites.

Someone like our own AYAAN HIRSI started questioning her own religion without having done thorough research and education until she came with her version of "There are No rights for Women in Islam". This was later explained in details after she committed blasphemy and having tainted ISLAM as a bad religion.It is now a "Topic" she doesn't talk about.She instead talks about the problems in Islamic societies while she says she is a "half muslim" having

denounced that There is no Allah and so on.What kind of a "muslim" is that.The west and the media doesn't know the differences so anything an average jew says, Is also Islam.

She has been put on death penalty now albeit

by various muslims who have decided to take her life. I don't think that is a good way of solving the problem she has with "Islam".We have already "Silenced" her by the Internet and "pen".

I would urge all our muslim peer groups to be ambassadors of Islam and make sure they know their own religion before commenting on any aspects.

It would be improper for someone to ask you something about your "own" religion and you don't know.He may laugh down in his heart.

Pi   

I sure did. By today's standards, cutting off limbs is and God did not decree the cutting of hands.

Umm, so you're of the opinion Allah only meant for this particular rule to be applied in barbaric, reactionary societies, is that so, Nadellypso ;) ? So, how much of the Quran was only meant for those simple societies; simple societies who employed barbaric measures. And how much is meant for us, oh-so-enlightened, modern socities, Nadellypso?

P.S. By the way, what does 5:38-39 mean? Seriously, my arabic is non-existent, and I can hardly understand those archaic english translations. Help me out, will ya!

P.P.S. SOL is becoming too predicatable. redface.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Pi:

is that so,
Nadellypso
;)
?

Are you accusing naden of being or using Callypso's account? Coz if you are, you're in violation of SOL rules. Cut that shidh out.

Pi   

^LOL. Yo, get out your fat American Heritage dictionary and try to find the linguistic meaning of the suffix lypso. It's a rare ruby. You'd be surprised how colorful and rich the etymology of Lypso actually is. You'll learn alot, I promise.

P.S. I didnt call her Callypso, so you need to relax and stop playing cop.

Khadir   

True, the problem is not with Quran or Islam.

IF Islam, is the practice of All muslims which stands for its definition, than does the fault not lie with Islam?

Yes, the problem does lie with Islam, it plagues the muslim Ummah. The Status of women has been abused by general scholars and those who authorate Islam. It is a grave myth if you think that womens inequality and other issues are not an islamic fault.

let me make it clear, the Quran is the main source of Islam, and whatever injustice any group in islam, say slaves and women faced in Islamic practice and societies was never ordained by Allah and not justified in the quran, and thus it is an Error in the practice of Islam, and thus the fault lies with Islam as faith until we correct it As Allah has instructed. Islam is perfect as Allah described it in his holy book, But is also imperfect as we practice it.

May Allah guide Us all.

Castro   

^ :eek:

Originally posted by Pi:

^LOL. Yo, get out your fat American Heritage dictionary and try to find the linguistic meaning of the suffix lypso. It's a rare ruby. You'd be surprised how colorful and rich the etymology of Lypso actually is. You'll learn alot, I promise.

P.S. I didnt call her Callypso, so you need to relax and stop playing cop.

I'm bored and I've also seen you do that before. I'm off your back.

Naden   

Pi,

I don't know who this Nadellypso/Callypso is but you need to calm down and back off, and the best cure I know for a predictable place is to lay off it. I stand corrected, God did decree the cutting of hands. I still believe it is barbaric and suitable for that society.

Khadir   

Castro, what gives dude?....is strict opinion such as I wrote above not allowed in this place.lol

P.S did the old Cuban gain some weight?, he looks rather chubby in your avater :D .

Castro   

^ That picture was taken before the embargo. ;)

Yes, the problem does lie with Islam, it plagues the muslim Ummah. The Status of women has been abused by general scholars and those who authorate Islam. It is a grave myth if you think that womens inequality and other issues are not an islamic fault.

Some mighty harsh words atheer. Care to elucidate?

Pi,

I stand corrected, God did decree the cutting of hands. I still believe it is barbaric and suitable for that society.

did u EVER Question Why that Barbaric Shariah was revealed by the Holy Quraan ,...

so in other words, you are saying..

The Holy Quraan Is faulty coz it was the Quraan that prescribed.It was a verse in the Holy Quraan.