Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

...Just a question...of Curiosity

Abdinuur   

What is it about people hiding their real names from other people...especially internet users? I used to see it in chatrooms (though I dont chat anymore), various topics, websites,what have you...and even sometimes when you ask the question, what is your name, people tend to use other names of whatchumacallit.

Is it a security purposes? If so, security about what/who/where/how/why? Who are you hiding from? Some people use their real names in SOL but majority of SOL members have nicknames...

I am not against anyone who hides his/her real name or prefers using a nickname, but it's just a curiosity that made me ask this question. :D

Aight cha'll.

bro, i think is about security for my reason, who my hiding from i really dont know,and why my hiding well who knows, you know my name is Osman their that was good lol,i think every one has reason,being some also is alittle cooler than being yourself in the net :D

ejoy life guys...salaam

I dont know...maybe it´s the fact that you are expressing yourself verbally without the concept of someone judging you on how you look, by the way,my name is cibaado icon_razz.gif

One is for the security purpose..cuz onces you give out real name and place you live in it's easy for cyber_pyco to pursue your trial of tears and create havoc in your own life. Second it's the simplicity reason why people choose nick names instead of real...cuz it's easy to pronounce and recognize over long period of time. Third, people name after their beloved or favored artists, celebrities, or sports players and it shows what/who/where that person admires the most......

Peace

Love &

Unity

MD   

It depends Abdinuur

But me to be honest i don't think name is important at all, if u know my name or not what makes it a different...

One reason why i would never give out my real name is:

1)If the person knows what city i'm at or what my real name is it's easier for him/her to track me down (a psychopath) :( security reasons i would say, well we all know how people talk too

Abdinuur   

I guess the most common reason is security purpose, and I that's cool. I mean a lot of people feel if they give out their names, these so-called psycho-path weirdos would come after them (not that I have seen a somali psycho-path in my town but who knows!).

Osman, Anisa, Cibaado, it's nice knowing you all!

Bee bye!