Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

Port Scan

Pujah.   

hey it says I have one port open.....but that port is not used by any known trojan horse....what next

NOW I'M PRANOOID...NO WONDER MY INTERNET IS GETTING SLOWER EVERYDAY

Pujah.   

how do I close port 139 and is there any programs that I cannot use after doing that....

-------------------

God Bless

Not really Thunder...if u are into computer security you would know by now that u can manipulate zone alarm firewalls.

to the paranoid girl it aint easy to block port 139 on win9x/me machines as well as win2k's, and yes expect Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks. Here is what you could do….

Either get rid of Micro$oft products and install Linux/Unix, free open source products, and more powerful than Ms products, which are almost impossible to hack, or keep your Ms computers, but get yourself a linux/unix gateway any old machine would do it for you.

Another one you could try is FREESCO (stands for FREE ciSCO) is a free replacement for commercial routers supporting up to 3 ethernet/arcnet/token_ring/arlan network cards and up to 2 modems (http://www.freesco.org).

if none of these is impossible in your case then try this last one which will probably work....

Tawakal CallaLlaah wakafaabiLlaah wakiilaa.

Peace

i am using a firwall program that called ZONE ALARM and it hides all of my unsed ports, so i feel save.....but inshaa allaah soon i am gone have a linux mechine that will act as a gatway and firwall........so guys and girls get some firwall protection software.

Haaruun   

Indhadeeq........if u are using a High speed such as sympatico through the telephone, the slow down of ur computer might be due to the distance between your house and the Central Office (C.O) which you get your dial tone from...Over 6km ....u will not get any signal at all. The closer to the C.O the more speed u get....However, if u are close to the CO and your computer has enough toys and it's still slow, then the problem is the ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line).

The ADSL has a line card which is really sensitive and easilly gets irrritated if the voltage increases or decreas, this doesn't affect ur dail tone but it affects ur High Speed.

The ADSL is connected to OE(office equipment, the box that holds ur tell#) and from the OE to CA/PR (caple pair)

This caple comes to ur street and it's responsible for a 100 telefone lines including urs.

There4 u should tell them to check the DSLM or the line card...if ur telephone disconnects when u r using ur high speed, then u got a defective OE and that has to be replaced. This doesn't mean ur tell# changes...the DMS group will program ur # to a different OE.

Well, there are many things that take a part of speed of ur high-speed and what I mentioned above is the 1st or 80% what cause the slow-down...

If u have anymore questions or suggestions ...shout @ me bro and I will provide u with 'nough info.

AviReX-   

Wooooo...

harrun daam nigga..u went ova tha lim..u crazyy

tha shyt slowing down could even be, her running out of mem...(itha sdram..or hd)..

lol bous them niggaz using zonealarm......

jks...tey coded a lil bom tha would explode your firewall and shyt..

by the ways...

139 thas used for file-sharing...

if som1's port 139 is open tha means...u can be hacked into and ur files(hd) can be accesed...