Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Changing essence of Makkah

Originally posted by Kimiya:

Che...

Are you for real?

Yes Ameenah...Surely the Nabi (PBUH) wouldn't have banned Jewish traders from doing business in Mecca. There is nothing wrong in trading with your adversaries.

Xiin......Muslims should rather invest in their people rather defense. The best defense is healthy educated populace.

Ms DD   

I just wanted to say that I dont think its the fact there are clothes shops, shoe shops etc there - its the TYPE of shopes - i.e. the article says Tiffany and Cartier! and also the other issue is the extrvagence and ostentatiousness of the shopping mall - its been designed to attract attention away from the Holy Mosque and Islam and to designer labels and extrvagence.

I heavily dislike the whole 'designer-lable nonsense that is existent in our society - as if wearing Armani jeans makes you a better or more successful person than the one in the Topshop pair.

When you go to Hajj you all dress the same - a large element of Hajj is unity and equality. How can this be when on leaving the mosque one muslim pops over the road and buys tiffany jewellery while the other starts the long walk back to the 2 star hotel in the sandals he's had for 5 years.

The REAL danger with this is that people are going to start worshipping the £ and not Allah swt - and thats soemthing we have to be aware of and prevent - its something that has brought many groups to the mercy of consumersim before us

Taliban   

Originally posted by mantra:

*waiting for Taliban's response*

Moderate Muslims rule Saudi Arabia. A leader like Osama bin Laden would never allow the Westernization of Saudi Arabia.

Ms DD   

^^ What is moderate? I dont think they are moderate. More like misguided. With regards to Osama Bin Laden, IF he is responsible the attrocities that the US say he is..i.e. the world trade centre, I dont think he would make a good leader at all.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

What is moderate?

Moderate Muslims are those who violate the teachings of Islam. For example; they drink alcohol, engage in illegal sex, help or even conspire with non-Muslims in invading and occupying Muslim countries, torture and kill their wadaads, invest their wealth in the West instead of Muslim countries, give preferential treatment to Westerners, iwm.

With regards to Osama Bin Laden, IF he is responsible the attrocities that the US say he is..i.e. the world trade centre, I dont think he would make a good leader at all.

About the IF, do I sense you doubt Osama bin Laden is responsible for 911?

Ms DD   

I honestly dont know. Therefore i hesitate to put the blame on him. Besides, how can i trust what the US says? But the point is: IF he was behind this, i dont want him to be a leader of any sort.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Besides, how can i trust what the US says?

You mean you used to trust the US, but no longer do?

Blessed   

^Some say, Laden works for the US, free mason style. :D Bal ka warran?

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by Kimiya:

Che...

Are you for real?

Yes Ameenah...Surely the Nabi (PBUH) wouldn't have banned Jewish traders from doing business in Mecca. There is nothing wrong in trading with your adversaries.

You are aware of the disbeliever rule with regards to the Haram, right?

And, I said riba based and pro-Zionist, didn’t mention Jewish.

Lol@Xiin

I was only curious about your very specific suggestion. You didn’t have to agree, if you didn’t feel it.

Cambarro,

You do like your conspiracies, don’t you?

Khayr   

When you go to Hajj you all dress the same - a large element of Hajj is unity and equality. How can this be when on leaving the mosque one muslim pops over the road and buys tiffany jewellery while the other starts the long walk back to the 2 star hotel in the sandals he's had for 5 years.

The focus is beings shifted from the Sacred House-Kaaba to the mundane and profane i.e. shopping centers, designer stores etc.

2 Hadiths come to mind regarding this.

The one hadith about the dajjal not being able to enter Mecca but that he will call upon the people and they will run out of Mecca to the Dajjal.

This globalization is producing such 'sell outs' of the deen.

The other hadith is about the destruction of the Kaaba. That will be when the Sacredness and Symbolism of the Kaaba is largely forgetton and ignored and all else around it is worshipped i.e. globalization in the forms of extravagent malls and 5 star hotels. The people will be too busy and in such a state of affluence that they won't deem the Kaaba to be anything more than a Square House.

Waa nacuudhi billah miin dhalika!

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Commerce and its associated materialism should be well away from the holy sites.

Commerce and its associated materialism are legalized in the Koran as long the zakah remains paid, when where doesn't matter really. We live in a global village more and more people make it to Mecca each year servicing, accomodating and making their stay more convenient should be an utmost priority. Building up Mecca to attract more people is an even more symbolic gesture if one is familiar with the history of the House. If anything is to be done away with it should be the extravagence as it's uneeded and distracting.

Jacpher   

The mall, which opened a week before the annual pilgrimage, called the hajj, in December, is the first phase in a
$13 billion
construction boom in Mecca that promises to change how this city, forbidden to everyone but Muslims, looks and feels.

They should spend it in the mosque.

NGONGE   

^^^^ They've done a great job on that, saaxib. That's the one area the Saudi government gets praise on. Look at these photos:

pc5.jpg

k3bah1.jpg

k3bah2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

And now, look at this:

Haram06.jpg